The skinny on models

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Very true tamarin, sometimes I get the urge to hand the TV skinny brigade (Kelly Rippa, shockingly thin now) a peanut butter sandwich. God they gotta be hungry.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
fashion shmashion

wear what u want to wear. If you think you "have" to wear anything you're wrong. your own clothes are as much your choice as your expression. Anyone who tries to look one way or another because they think they "should" is foolish and deserves to be fleeced by the "fashion" "industry"

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
ya, bull, not the way the world works.

I show up to interview a client wearing a T-shirt and Jeans, I walk away with a 5 or 6 grande contract if that at all.

I show up in a suit, I do less work for 20-25 grande.

What you wear matters, even if you think it shouldn't..tough..it does.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Re: RE: The skinny on models

Yeah.
I love that long, very lean look, and I think banning models for being skinny is simply silly, bureacracy run amok. I happen to think Kate Moss is stunning.

Me too; I always wanted to have sex with a stick insect.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Re: RE: The skinny on models

wallyj said:
Long and lean kinda makes a man feel mean. Hats off to the late great Alex Harvey.

8) Short n fat is where its at.

Nice and chubbly makes ya bubbly.

Long an lean is a lovin machine

Built for speed, yes indeed.

Fat or lean or in between, they's all nice from what I've seen.

Whatever.

It's in the eye of the bee-holder.........(there's a joke there someplace)

:wink:

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
LOL oldnugly that was great, did ya write it?? A poet amongst us, yippy.

Skinny is one thing, but some of these models are "bags of bones" they look like coat hangers. Real women have bums and stuff, so the clothing looks completely different on us. I want to see what a designer dress looks like on a women with a bum. It's a negative image for young females, what's that Hollywood saying about cocaine and models?

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I think the difference between lean and malnourished would be obvious. When you look at women like Gisele Bunchen, she's lean but still has breasts, hips and a butt. You can't count her ribs from 50 feet away.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Looks like Old Nugly likes to snuggle!

There are a lot of cuddly women out there Nug who would love to read that poem.

I'm afraid I am just underweight not by choice and wouldn't mind five or ten pounds in the good places.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
We are going to have to fatten WC up arn't we oldnugly? I'll feed her but oldnug is going to have to handle the snuggling stuff.