The Right has a License to Write Anything

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Yuh Know;

The other day, I was watching CNN while they presented a story about some guy's anti-war protest.

A camera crew filmed someone from the community getting out of their car and walking onto the guy's property and tearing down his protest sign.
Not once did I hear CNN mention that it was private property and that tearing down the protestors sign was improper and illegal within a "free" society. In fact, the newspresenter spoke of the incident in glowing terms. As if to say that in these times of insecurity, anything goes.

Display Stirs Controversy In Land Park
Soldier's Uniform Hangs From Noose In Front Of Home

February 09, 2005
http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/4180042/detail.html

Here is some other stuff:

The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
--George Washington--

"I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for president."
--George Bush--

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job."
--George Bush--

"And we base it, our history, and our decision making, our future, on solid values. The first value is, we're all God's children"
--George Bush--

"I wouldn't pick a judge who said that the Pledge of Allegiance couldn't be said in a school because it had the words 'under God'' in it. I think that's an example of a judge allowing personal opinion to enter into the decision-making process, as opposed to strict interpretation of the Constitution"
--George Bush--

"We need common-sense judges who understand our rights were derived from God,"
--George Bush--

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.
--Plato--

"I believe the most solemn duty of the American president is to protect the American people. If America shows uncertainty and weakness in this decade, the world will drift toward tragedy. This will not happen on my watch"
--George Bush--

"I will never relent in defending America - whatever it takes"
--George Bush--

"As a matter of fact, when we gave [Saddam Hussein] the final chance, he continued to deceive and evade. So I have a choice to make at this point in our history. Do I forget the lessons of September the 11th and take the word of a madman, or do I take action to defend this country?"
--George Bush--

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
--James Madison--

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.
--James Madison--

"America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud"
--George Bush--

"In the war on terror, you have fought enemies' freedom -- freedom's enemies from the caves and mountains of Afghanistan to the deserts and cities of Iraq"
--George Bush--

"Hundreds of thousands of American servicemen and women are deployed across the world in the war on terror. By bringing hope to the oppressed, and delivering justice to the violent, they are making America more secure"
--George Bush--

Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of government. The history of liberty is the history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of governmental power, not the increase of it.
--Woodrow Wilson--

"The Patriot Act defends our liberty."
--George Bush--

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty.
--Plato--

"We exercise power without conquest, and we sacrifice for the liberty of strangers"
--George Bush--

"I believe in the transformational power of liberty"
--George Bush--

"The best way to defeat them is to never waver, to be strong, to use every asset at our disposal, to constantly stay on the offensive and, at the same time, spread liberty"
--George Bush--

As long as I don't write about the government, religion, politics, and other institutions, I am free to print anything.
--Pierre de Beaumarchais--

Criticism of government finds sanctuary in several portions of the 1st Amendment. It is part of the right of free speech. It embraces freedom of the press.
--Hugo L. Black--

Paramount among the responsibilities of a free press is the duty to prevent any part of the government from deceiving the people and sending them off to distant lands to die of foreign fevers and foreign shot and shell.
--Hugo L. Black--

Media "Distortions"

The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the party that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections.
--Lord Acton--

I have often thought that if a rational Fascist dictatorship were to exist, then it would choose the American system.
--Naom Chomsky--

"It would be a heck of a lot easier to be a dictator than work in a democracy"
--George Bush--

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier... just so long as I'm the dictator"
--George Bush--

" It's not a dictatorship in Washington, but I tried to make it one in that instance. We are beginning to see some success in opening up federal coffers for faith-based programs"--George Bush--

Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.
--Harry S. Truman--

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."
--George Bush--

The Framers of the Constitution knew that free speech is the friend of change and revolution. But they also knew that it is always the deadliest enemy of tyranny.
--Hugo L. Black--

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.
--Robert A. Heinlein--

http://www.djpauledge.com/blog.php?id=59

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Yuh Know;

The other day, I was watching CNN while they presented a story about some guy's anti-war protest.

A camera crew filmed someone from the community getting out of their car and walking onto the guy's property and tearing down his protest sign.
Not once did I hear CNN mention that it was private property and that tearing down the protestors sign was improper and illegal within a "free" society. In fact, the newspresenter spoke of the incident in glowing terms. As if to say that in these times of insecurity, anything goes.

Display Stirs Controversy In Land Park
Soldier's Uniform Hangs From Noose In Front Of Home

February 09, 2005
http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/4180042/detail.html

Here is some other stuff:

The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
--George Washington--

"I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for president."
--George Bush--

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job."
--George Bush--

"And we base it, our history, and our decision making, our future, on solid values. The first value is, we're all God's children"
--George Bush--

"I wouldn't pick a judge who said that the Pledge of Allegiance couldn't be said in a school because it had the words 'under God'' in it. I think that's an example of a judge allowing personal opinion to enter into the decision-making process, as opposed to strict interpretation of the Constitution"
--George Bush--

"We need common-sense judges who understand our rights were derived from God,"
--George Bush--

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.
--Plato--

"I believe the most solemn duty of the American president is to protect the American people. If America shows uncertainty and weakness in this decade, the world will drift toward tragedy. This will not happen on my watch"
--George Bush--

"I will never relent in defending America - whatever it takes"
--George Bush--

"As a matter of fact, when we gave [Saddam Hussein] the final chance, he continued to deceive and evade. So I have a choice to make at this point in our history. Do I forget the lessons of September the 11th and take the word of a madman, or do I take action to defend this country?"
--George Bush--

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
--James Madison--

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.
--James Madison--

"America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud"
--George Bush--

"In the war on terror, you have fought enemies' freedom -- freedom's enemies from the caves and mountains of Afghanistan to the deserts and cities of Iraq"
--George Bush--

"Hundreds of thousands of American servicemen and women are deployed across the world in the war on terror. By bringing hope to the oppressed, and delivering justice to the violent, they are making America more secure"
--George Bush--

Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of government. The history of liberty is the history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of governmental power, not the increase of it.
--Woodrow Wilson--

"The Patriot Act defends our liberty."
--George Bush--

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty.
--Plato--

"We exercise power without conquest, and we sacrifice for the liberty of strangers"
--George Bush--

"I believe in the transformational power of liberty"
--George Bush--

"The best way to defeat them is to never waver, to be strong, to use every asset at our disposal, to constantly stay on the offensive and, at the same time, spread liberty"
--George Bush--

As long as I don't write about the government, religion, politics, and other institutions, I am free to print anything.
--Pierre de Beaumarchais--

Criticism of government finds sanctuary in several portions of the 1st Amendment. It is part of the right of free speech. It embraces freedom of the press.
--Hugo L. Black--

Paramount among the responsibilities of a free press is the duty to prevent any part of the government from deceiving the people and sending them off to distant lands to die of foreign fevers and foreign shot and shell.
--Hugo L. Black--

Media "Distortions"

The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the party that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections.
--Lord Acton--

I have often thought that if a rational Fascist dictatorship were to exist, then it would choose the American system.
--Naom Chomsky--

"It would be a heck of a lot easier to be a dictator than work in a democracy"
--George Bush--

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier... just so long as I'm the dictator"
--George Bush--

" It's not a dictatorship in Washington, but I tried to make it one in that instance. We are beginning to see some success in opening up federal coffers for faith-based programs"--George Bush--

Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.
--Harry S. Truman--

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."
--George Bush--

The Framers of the Constitution knew that free speech is the friend of change and revolution. But they also knew that it is always the deadliest enemy of tyranny.
--Hugo L. Black--

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.
--Robert A. Heinlein--

http://www.djpauledge.com/blog.php?id=59

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Do you think Georgie boy has heard of any of them with the possible exception of Washington? Whom, we may assume, Bush would only know because his picture appears on money.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Do you think Georgie boy has heard of any of them with the possible exception of Washington? Whom, we may assume, Bush would only know because his picture appears on money.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
7000 ft. asl and on full auto
Re: RE: The Right has a Licen

Reverend Blair said:
Yeah, and how many many more threats were made. Yet you sit there and deny it happened, or try to suggest that Owens is just some loose canon.

What you are seeing is one more step in the slow destruction of freedom of speech in the United States. Saying that it's all right is self delusion. What happens when it's your ass on the line for speaking a simple truth. What happens when it's you gets called unAmerican for disagreeing with a politician. What happens then, Paco?

How much poison Kool-Aid can you drink?

You misunderstand. I do not deny anything happened. I pointed out that what you said happened behind closed doors in fact happened in the open and in front of the people. How you take what I wrote above and try to say I deny it happening is classic paranoia. You have an obsessive hatred that blinds you.

You think I’m wrong? Look at this thread. It has gone from a discussion on Ward Churchill to “behind the scenes deliberate strangulation of speech from the highest levels of government.” Look at Paranoid’s comments. A mass of quotes about God. What the fuck has that got to do with anything?

I never said the destruction of free speech is all right. Did you read my comments above? Here, let me cut and paste for you since you seem blind…

"On the other hand, I do not approve of any firing or punishment. His comments were of a political nature and those are clearly protected by the U. S. Constitution. The First Amendment is bigger than Ward Churchill."

Let me tell you something. A man has always been responsible for his words. Do not confuse free speech with responsibility. One man calls another a coward, there will probably be a fight. A man says my mama is a whore, there will be a fight. Ward Churchill should not be fired for his words, but someone needs to break his fucking nose with a swift left hook.

In answer to your question, “What happens then, Paco?” I respond with my signature… Molon Labe!

zenfisher said:

Bush has a MBA from Harvard. Harvard may play favorites when accepting students, but they do not hand out MBA's to drooling mouth breathers for fun. Bush also piloted an F-111, one of the more difficult fighter aircraft to fly. The U.S. military does not entrust million dollar aircraft to just anyone.

How does your resume stack up?

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004

Reverend Blair said:
Yeah, and how many many more threats were made. Yet you sit there and deny it happened, or try to suggest that Owens is just some loose canon.

What you are seeing is one more step in the slow destruction of freedom of speech in the United States. Saying that it's all right is self delusion. What happens when it's your ass on the line for speaking a simple truth. What happens when it's you gets called unAmerican for disagreeing with a politician. What happens then, Paco?

You misunderstand. I do not deny anything happened. I pointed out that what you said happened behind closed doors in fact happened in the open and in front of the people. How you take what I wrote above and try to say I deny it happening is classic paranoia. You have an obsessive hatred that blinds you.

You think I’m wrong? Look at this thread. It has gone from a discussion on Ward Churchill to “behind the scenes deliberate strangulation of speech from the highest levels of government.” Look at Paranoid’s comments. A mass of quotes about God. What the fuck has that got to do with anything?

I never said the destruction of free speech is all right. Did you read my comments above? Here, let me cut and paste for you since you seem blind…

"On the other hand, I do not approve of any firing or punishment. His comments were of a political nature and those are clearly protected by the U. S. Constitution. The First Amendment is bigger than Ward Churchill."

Let me tell you something. A man has always been responsible for his words. Do not confuse free speech with responsibility. One man calls another a coward, there will probably be a fight. A man says my mama is a whore, there will be a fight. Ward Churchill should not be fired for his words, but someone needs to break his fucking nose with a swift left hook.

In answer to your question, “What happens then, Paco?” I respond with my signature… Molon Labe!

zenfisher said:

Bush has a MBA from Harvard. Harvard may play favorites when accepting students, but they do not hand out MBA's to drooling mouth breathers for fun. Bush also piloted an F-111, one of the more difficult fighter aircraft to fly. The U.S. military does not entrust million dollar aircraft to just anyone.

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004

Reverend Blair said:

zenfisher said:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: The Right has a Licen

You wished you could break the man's jaw, Paco. While I've come to expect such intolerant and ignorant statements out of the radical right, who seem to think violence is a solution to everything, it destroys any credibility you might have had in regard to other's freedom of speech.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

You wished you could break the man's jaw, Paco. While I've come to expect such intolerant and ignorant statements out of the radical right, who seem to think violence is a solution to everything, it destroys any credibility you might have had in regard to other's freedom of speech.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Paco said:
. . . You think I?m wrong? Look at this thread. It has gone from a discussion on Ward Churchill to ?behind the scenes deliberate strangulation of speech from the highest levels of government.?

I thought the discussion was about, "The Right has a License to Write Anything." Discussion of American fascism is a natural response.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Paco said:
. . . You think I?m wrong? Look at this thread. It has gone from a discussion on Ward Churchill to ?behind the scenes deliberate strangulation of speech from the highest levels of government.?

I thought the discussion was about, "The Right has a License to Write Anything." Discussion of American fascism is a natural response.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Paco said:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Bush also has a degree from Yale. I've dealt with a ton of university and college students who can't add two numbers in there head. I've met certified geniuses that are homeless and living on the street. What does a degree really prove?

While I may not have a degree from Harvard or Yale... I also don't have parents that could afford to buy my way into such institutions.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Bush also has a degree from Yale. I've dealt with a ton of university and college students who can't add two numbers in there head. I've met certified geniuses that are homeless and living on the street. What does a degree really prove?

While I may not have a degree from Harvard or Yale... I also don't have parents that could afford to buy my way into such institutions.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle