The Queen: ‘Poor people and their problems don’t get reported often'

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Unfortunately (for you) you are nothing like me and never, ever likely to be.

Dung beetles have said as much to me.

You can't squeeze gold out of peasants. Filthy peasants are filthy peasants for a reasons.

Of course there's a reason, the gold has been squeezed out of em.

There should be an apostrophe in the word "subjects", and it should come after the S because subjects is plural.

You have the singular A and the plural reasons in the same sentence. How many in hell are you talking about?

]And the Canadians may be subjects, but the British aren't. We're citizens.

You are subject citizens then.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Of course there's a reason, the gold has been squeezed out of em.

Not by the Queen.

You have the singular A and the plural reasons in the same sentence. How many in hell are you talking about?

I'm correcting your English grammar. Things like this happen when you get taught at a bog standard Canadian educational institution at not at the Royal Holloway.

You are subject citizens then.

We're citizens, not subjects.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Not by the Queen.

A perfect subject would say that.

I'm correcting your English grammar. Things like this happen when you get taught at a bog standard Canadian educational institution at not at the Royal Holloway.

I could not go to university because the Queens interminable visits cost millions. And we all had to work in coal mines to pay for the flowers.

We're citizens, not subjects

Then you cannot have a Monarch as head of state. That women is misrepresenting herself, if we are to believe you.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Funny how the rich find it so easy to comment on the lives of the poor when they haven't had a day in their lives when they've worried about getting enough food for their kids or paying for the roof over their heads. "Ah, the problem will be solved if we just donate enough money". :rolleyes: Don't bother helping them find work or giving them some work. Can't get those hands roughened or thatsensitive skin dirty.
I suppose it must make them feel better about themselves or something.

Unfortunately (for you) you are nothing like me and never, ever likely to be.
Yet says stuff like "At least get your spelling and grammar right in your rubbish", for instance. There should be a comma after the word, "you" and parentheses ")".

You can't squeeze gold out of peasants. Filthy peasants are filthy peasants for a reasons.
and yet says stuff such as, "At least get your spelling and grammar right in your rubbish". "for a reasons"? lol

There should be an apostrophe in the word "subjects", and it should come after the S because subjects is plural.

And the Canadians may be subjects, but the British aren't. We're citizens.
uhuh We believe you where billions of others wouldn't.

That should be The queen is a hereditary expert on subjection to poverty.
Ain't that a fact! Royalty have been leeching off others for a very long time.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
If, as Swift suggests, the upper classes ate the children of the poor, the Queen eventually could sleep tight.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
There is an additional upside in that the children do not go to waste in any fashion whatsoever:

"Those who are more thrifty (as I must confess the times require) may flea the carcass; the skin of which, artificially dressed, will make admirable gloves for ladies, and summer boots for fine gentlemen."

Admirable gloves and boots for discriminating gentlemen... It really is a win-win all 'round

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
That should be The queen is a hereditary expert on subjection to poverty.

At least get your spelling and grammar right in your rubbish.

actually, dumba$$, the "Q" is capitalized in "Queen". Unless you are purposely showing disrespect for Her Majesty. Are you?

And the Canadians may be subjects, but the British aren't. We're citizens.

ROFLMFAO, must you show your ignorance in damn near every post? You are a citizen of your country, you are a subject of Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
What with all this emphasis on grammar and spelling, I just had to look up "highness" in the dictionary. Until today I had always spelt "highness" with an "a" instead of an "e".

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Her Highness is the richest woman on the planet. The petitions from the poor mustn't be getting through. The Royal Mail has failed her. I'm sure that were she informed she would of course open her vaults to feed her needy subjects, or at least transport them overseas to the colonies where they could get jobs with major news organizations.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
actually, dumba$$, the "Q" is capitalized in "Queen".

I know it is. I've got a GCSE in English Language.

ROFLMFAO, must you show your ignorance in damn near every post? You are a citizen of your country, you are a subject of Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II.

I'm not a subject. I'm a citizen. You, as a Canadian, may be a subject. But I, as a Briton, am not.

Her Highness is the richest woman on the planet. The petitions from the poor mustn't be getting through. The Royal Mail has failed her. I'm sure that were she informed she would of course open her vaults to feed her needy subjects, or at least transport them overseas to the colonies where they could get jobs with major news organizations.

It is "Her Majesty", not "Her Highness".

The world's richest woman is Christy Walton, the widow of one of the sons of the founder of Wal-Mart, with a US$36.7 billion (£22.3 billion) fortune.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I'm not a subject. I'm a citizen.

You are a subject, in fact that is the nice word to use... Essentially, you exist solely to be a footstep upon which your betters can use to move upwards in the world.

Get used to it

It is "Her Majesty", not "Her Highness".

The way we pronounce it in Canada is : "Old Crone " as in, 'outta my way you old crone, the game is about to start'

The world's richest woman is Christy Walton, the widow of one of the sons of the founder of Wal-Mart, with a US$36.7 billion (£22.3 billion) fortune.

You remember that... Walton can buy and sell your little Island at her pleasure.

I believe that she would make a fine Queen

Last edited: