The Power of Makeup

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The reason made up women appeal to men goes back to basic instincts. Clear bright skin, bright shiny eyes mean healthy. A man is subconciously taking this all in. Women pick men who are rugged and virile looking. It has to do with reproducing the strongest possible offspring.

We may think we choose using our intellect but we'd be fooling ourselves. Instinct and self preservation are too strong.,

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
The reason made up women appeal to men goes back to basic instincts. Clear bright skin, bright shiny eyes mean healthy. A man is subconciously taking this all in. Women pick men who are rugged and virile looking. It has to do with reproducing the strongest possible offspring.

We may think we choose using our intellect but we'd be fooling ourselves. Instinct and self preservation are too strong.,

:naka:You so right Twila, now give me back my mascara.!!

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
make-up is a very useful thing, in the sense that it simplifies impressing your image of yourself onto others. After all, our appearance is the first thing about us that people see and evaluate, so it has to be up to the standards of a certain social situation you are in, and it has to be up to the standards of the people you want/need to impress. Make-up is a very useful tool in this case. Helps you to create the image you need.

the image we ALL need is our OWN image. the one of our OWN face without the lies and deceit.

JoeSchmoe

Time Out
May 28, 2007
Vancouver Island
So slathering so much makeup on yourself to cover every freckle and make your skin into a perfect tan-coloured glow is realistic? Sure, slap some fake tanning on me, give me hair extensions and call me Fabio! ;)

Idiotic. Unhealthy. Just plain silly.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Personally, Tammy Fay Baker, usta really turn my crank8O

:pukeleft:.............not!

Did she die.? Hard to tell since she always looked embalmed.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
the image we ALL need is our OWN image. the one of our OWN face without the lies and deceit.

I get what you're saying. But... I still feel more sure of myself when my scars are covered up, or my latest breakout is camouflaged a bit. And I like being able to add a little bit of mascara to show off the blue in my eyes. I don't like the highly made up make up though... I love my freckles, and I refuse to try to fill in and pretend my laugh lines don't exist.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I love my freckles, and I refuse to try to fill in and pretend my laugh lines don't exist.

I love freckles, too, though I only have them in summer, for a very short time. And when they do appear, I just run wild with happiness, saying to all of my friends - I've got freckles, I've got freckles!! And they get so sympathetic at once, replying - oh, don't you worry, they hardly show at all! LOL
That a real disappointment when they say that! :lol: