The NDP will get their Debate

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: The NDP will get their Debate

Retired_Can_Soldier said:
67% seems a bit high ebven for polls. Even so, what geography are these polls based in? Are they taken in the GTA? In Alta? In BC.

Polls are incredibly subjective.

Polls showed harper would have win in minority, he did win in minority, polls showed george w bush would have won, and he did won, polls have shown to be the closest to reality than anything else, that is why they exist.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
bluealberta said:
Oh please, what the hell does Calgary, or Alberta, have to do with anything about this argument. I get so damn tired of the rest of the country treating the economic engine of this country at the present time like a bunch of hillbillies that it makes me want to reconsider my recent abandonment of separatism. People like you are the ones that stir the pot of separatism, so why don't you actually think before you post or speak. There is nothing fascist about Calgary or Alberta. Your jealousy is showing you for what you are, and it doesn't look good. Maybe you ought to live here in the best province in Canada before you start making unfounded and stupid remarks about it.

Jalous of what?? secondly it is not a secret that calgary is a red neck city, i 've been there many times, and that is what i felt about calgary and many places in alberta, that is a fact.

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
yeah i agree
the polls are probably actually underestimating the lack of support for the war
by far the vast majority of the people i talk to at work or wherever do NOT support the war -- and I think thats why many of the military types come on forums like this to almost beg for support from someone-- its sad

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
i dont think alberta is redneck anymore
and just because someone is conservative doesnt make them redneck-
i think alberta is becoming a little more cosmopolitain--and -- ill try to be patronizing here--------more mature
--you get all types everywhere

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: The NDP will get their Debate

cortezzz said:
i dont think alberta is redneck anymore
and just because someone is conservative doesnt make them redneck-
i think alberta is becoming a little more cosmopolitain--and -- ill try to be patronizing here--------more mature
--you get all types everywhere

Maybe i am little out of track about this,true but calgary is the city that reminds me the most quebec city,and from what i know and lived, both are racist.

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
i havent actually lived in either-- so ill defer to your knowledge--- i geuss i base most of my impression on albertans ive met here in ontario-- which maybe arent representatve---

what do you think makes people rascist i those cities--
lack of exposure to other cultures-- perhaps--

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
bluealberta said:
If Canada wants to be treated with respect and have some degree of relevance on the world stage, we must be willing partners in the world with other like minded countries. This means, first of all, that we have got to drop the peacekeeping mantra and call it like it is, peacemaking...

so that's your reason our troops are there? respect? putting other people's children into a war and proudly cheering is not worhy of anyone's respect.

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
degree of relevance shouldnt include engaging in or supporting illegal or otherwise unjustified war
only militarists think that respect is earned with force--because thats the way they see existence--
as far as they are concerned in some way or other its war time all the time
contrary to what the militarists will tell you much of the world viewed frances opposition to the iraq war with respect-- and the america position with contempt ----the militarist often confuses his or her own personal self esteem with the military capablity of their nation
in a strange way if for example canadas military were to double in size overnight-- so would their self esteem---its bizarre ---

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: The NDP will get thei

The nation will debate the issue and the military had better support the debate and the outcome, if they don't we'll be looking for better military types, one's that can follow orders and not form public policy.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Polls showed Harper would have win in minority, he did win in minority, polls showed george w bush would have won, and he did won, polls have shown to be the closest to reality than anything else, that is why they exist.

Polls also showed Harper ahead in the prior election. (He lost) Polls are always subjective. If for instance I were to poll the Greater Toronto Area that poll would undoubtedly differ greatly from the Edmonton area.

Cortezz. Keeping trolling. I won't bite. If you would like to engage in meaniful debate by all means. Otherwise sorry fellow i'm done with you.

I'm glad to see that some folks are at least not sure when it comes to the mission in Afghanistan, it shows an open mind.

The nation will debate the issue and the military had better support the debate and the outcome, if they don't we'll be looking for better military types, one's that can follow orders and not form public policy.

The military has always supported the public, even when the public has not supported it.

Debate away