The Iran Factor

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
We have done the hitler issue...but than again, its common place innit?? a new trendy word, not really understanding the historicial aspect of history. I cannots say that I know a whole lot of historicial facts but I know enough to know the comparsion is not right. You can find things in "common" with just about everything..however as cap't pichard says...that does not make it so!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
peapod said:
We have done the hitler issue...but than again, its common place innit?? a new trendy word, not really understanding the historicial aspect of history. I cannots say that I know a whole lot of historicial facts but I know enough to know the comparsion is not right. You can find things in "common" with just about everything..however as cap't pichard says...that does not make it so!

hey pea. :)

let's look at it from another perspective. During hitler's rise , who was he compared to??? Each butcher in history has his own characteristics, given the era, society, etc. So comparison (in reality ) is futile. What we are seeing is a new breed of something that might be hitlerlike.......and even more deadly. Much has changed since the hitler warmongering days. But human nature and society being what it is.......seems to breed a new version of the same pathology, generation after generation. A mutation perhaps??? Same basic characteristics, when one gets down to the core.

bulldog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2005
Ocean Breeze said:
August 8, 2005
“The US is also the only nation that claims the right to use nukes in a “first-strike” capacity if it feels that its national security interests are at stake.

Therefore, it is in the best interest of Canada to be VERY certain that the Northern Borders of the US feel very secure, because the US is taking Canada down with them - if they go. And it is in the very best interest of Canada to support its "family" - the US and Britain. Because, folks, like it or not, we are stuck together.

Bull Dog

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I support the people but Bush is leading the world to nuclear war And if ya had a consience Bulldog you would see this guy is out to lunch and the biggest liar on the face of the planetHow can you support this guy :?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
bulldog said:
Ocean Breeze said:
August 8, 2005
“The US is also the only nation that claims the right to use nukes in a “first-strike” capacity if it feels that its national security interests are at stake.

Therefore, it is in the best interest of Canada to be VERY certain that the Northern Borders of the US feel very secure, because the US is taking Canada down with them - if they go. And it is in the very best interest of Canada to support its "family" - the US and Britain. Because, folks, like it or not, we are stuck together.

Bull Dog

is that a veiled "threat"??? :roll:

And NO , we are NOT STUCK together. Intertwined , trade -wise, economy wise , sure......but nothing is permanent. And things are changing.....

One is only "stuck" if one chooses to be "stuck.".

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
mrmom2 said:
I support the people but Bush is leading the world to nuclear war And if ya had a consience Bulldog you would see this guy is out to lunch and the biggest liar on the face of the planetHow can you support this guy :?

ya know what mr.mom. I can't even "support" the people ( Americans ) anymore. :cry: Something has changed and it is due to their complacency about their own gov't. It is also about how they choose NOT to see what is happening in the larger picture. Seems "they " just continue to appease the bush regime and the bush regime continues to lie to them, treat them like fools , with no respect for the population, etc. How can one "respect" a population that bows so blindly and obediently to its wanna be emperor /king?? ( particularly in this era and age of communication/ education and enlightenment?)

What is really interesting......and again, particularly due to the era we are in. (modern ?? progressive??? Thinking??)..... is that so many Americans CHOOSE to "appease" , bow to, act in servitude to their gov't. ( empowering their gov't even more.) Peoples in dictatorships have no choice. ( and they don't "worship" their leaders the way many Americans do. (whether they admit it to themselves or not)

bulldog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2005
Ocean Breeze said:
bulldog said:
Ocean Breeze said:
August 8, 2005

Bull Dog

And NO , we are NOT STUCK together. Intertwined , trade -wise, economy wise , sure......but nothing is permanent. And things are changing.....

Yes, we are stuck and you know it!

OK, let's take A BIG CHAIN SAW. Cut Canada loose from the US.
We can drift north. BRRR. We can drift west to Russia - BRRR.
Or we can drift east to Britain. The US, meanwhile, is firmly attached to Mexico. What a big island Canada would make.

We aren't going anywhere. We are attached to the US/look at the map, silly goose. We cannot get away from one another. Accept it. And brace yourself for this bit of political humor.

Bull Dog

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And to think people down there actually believe that pic is true :lol: :lol: Good one Bulldog :lol:

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
bulldog said:
Ocean Breeze said:
August 8, 2005

Bull Dog

answer - sounds life the refuge of a coward to me.

Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic? Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But conscience asks the question - is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular; but one must take it because it is right: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
bulldog said:
Ocean Breeze said:
bulldog said:
Ocean Breeze said:
August 8, 2005

Bull Dog

Yes, we are stuck and you know it!

OK, let's take A BIG CHAIN SAW. Cut Canada loose from the US.
We can drift north. BRRR. We can drift west to Russia - BRRR.
Or we can drift east to Britain. The US, meanwhile, is firmly attached to Mexico. What a big island Canada would make.

We aren't going anywhere. We are attached to the US/look at the map, silly goose. We cannot get away from one another. Accept it. And brace yourself for this bit of political humor.

Bull Dog

IF you are discussing "GEOGRAPHICAL proximity".........then make it clear. Suppose that CA could dig a moat along the border.. :wink: Add a few draw bridges with neanderthal sized "security" agents ......... hmm. :roll: :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Proximity matters less and less all of the time. At this point, Canada's relationship to the US...and the resultant sycophancy of Canadian leaders...has more to do with the personal financial expediency of those leaders than any real political concern.

bulldog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2005
PoisonPete2 said:
bulldog said:
Ocean Breeze said:
August 8, 2005

Bull Dog

Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic? Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But conscience asks the question - is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular; but one must take it because it is right: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

ANSWER: sounds like the rantings of a schizo who is delusional

Get practical. You cannot afford to spout such rhetoric in time of war. You are so far off base, you are not even in the ballpark. I notice you reference an American. Find me a Canadian of equal importance with something to say on the subject.

Bull Dog

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
You are referring to Martin Luther King Jr. as "...a schizo who is delusional?" Considering that he is recognised around the world because of the influence he had on human rights, I think you should apologise to the world in general.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
:lol: :lol: :lol:

btw - who did Canada declare war? I must have blinked and missed it. :? Or is bulldog "spouting rhetoric?"

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
bulldog said:
PoisonPete2 said:
bulldog said:
Ocean Breeze said:
August 8, 2005

Get practical. You cannot afford to spout such rhetoric in time of war. You are so far off base, you are not even in the ballpark. I notice you reference an American. Find me a Canadian of equal importance with something to say on the subject.
Bull Dog

Am I to do things because they are practical, or expedient, or political. I say no. Canada is not at war in Iraq and I am currently petitioning the Canadian leaders to rethink NATO policy in Afghanistan. Do you just follow your leader blindly, like a little puppy dog? No wonder the world is in such a mess.

Seeing the mess the fascists are creating in the U.S.A. I give thanks everyday that I AM CANADIAN

'We wish nothing more, but we will accept nothing less. Masters in our own house we must be, but our house is the whole of Canada.'
Pierre Elliott Trudeau

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
bulldog said:
PoisonPete2 said:
bulldog said:
Ocean Breeze said:
August 8, 2005

Bull Dog

ANSWER: sounds like the rantings of a schizo who is delusional

Bull Dog
:roll: :roll:

crap. !! a "time of war" -particularly a war of deliberate and calculating choice...... is exactly the time to spout questioning rhetoric . What is this nonsense about finding a Canadian or "equal importance" blah blah blah??? Isn't it time people got out of the toddler "Mine is better than yours" mentality. ???? Isn't it enough that the USG has caused enough dissention on this planet now......without playing these silly games. ???