The End Is Near!!...

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
Pray to God...may it NEVER happen..NO
NOT IN MY LIFE TIME
NOOOOOOOO

You actually took the time to type that, thanks for your contribution.

Enjoy your crapped out green back. Remember the next time you're in Canada, that is if you can find it, you will be asked for the exact exchange rate or you will find that American dollars are not accepted any more here at small retailers.

Cheers!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You actually took the time to type that, thanks for your contribution.

Enjoy your crapped out green back. Remember the next time you're in Canada, that is if you can find it, you will be asked for the exact exchange rate or you will find that American dollars are not accepted any more here at small retailers.

Cheers!

YoungJoon is a stalwart Canadian.

Toro

Senate Member
The loonie has topped, at least for a while.

Those who think that the dollar is about to "collapse" seem not to understand what that means for every other currency in the world. Currency markets do not operate in a vacuum, and the relative prices of goods produced in America would also collapse with a collapsing dollar, making goods produced in Canada, Europe and Japan uneconomic, producing recessions and declining values of those currencies as well.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
One thing that does have my attention isthe fact that there are more foreign depositories in posession of the US dollar than the US Treasury. Also, the largest holder of US Bearer Bonds are also foreign governments. if they start to dump then we all better pay close attention. What would happen if the holders of the Bearer Bonds show up and want their redemption all at once? It could get to be very interesting.

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
America would also collapse with a collapsing dollar, making goods produced in Canada, Europe and Japan uneconomic, producing recessions and declining values of those currencies as well.

And just as it has happened before in history ......it will happen again. I am talking about past cilivilizations. Time for a MAJOR correction.

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
The fall of a society often begins from within. Now a degenerated and directionless population looking for thrills explores and plays all sorts of games. The liberal environment allows them to recklessly stretch the limits of safe behavior with no fear of reprimand. The same attributes that helped the rise of civilization also lead to its downfall i.e. whereas the resources were used efficiently in the beginning are in the end grossly misrutilized. People begin to castigate their own society. In such monotonous excitement seeking society, any failed, dissatisfied person could seed the down fall of society, while an eager and vengeful neighbor ever willing to fish in the troubled water quickly moves in and occupies the vacuum. Most shocking scenario turns out to be the near fatal inertia of a mighty war machine completely bogged down in its own bureaucratic mire, while a puny enemy systematically slaughters the mighty force.

Are we witnessing signs of fatigue in American society? Difficult to say but there are enough indicators to set the alarm bells ringing. The frequent use of gun by school children, the mayhem exemplified by American movies and the grand sounding and visually appealing projects their establishment is selling the nation like the NMD should cause worry. The arrogance of invincibility is deceptive but there are too many variables, though, to definitely suggest irreversible decline of American society.

There is a saying, "History repeats itself, first as a tragedy and .... " I would like to add my own maxim to this "... every time with a different paradigm."

This time the fall will come due to economic collapse. Have we forgotten the Soviet Union!

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
When I was a student at the Univ. of Washington in the mid fifties I worked every summer for the British Columbia Forest Servie at Chetwynde near Dawson Creek. The Canadian dollar was worth a lot more than the US dollar then and when I got my work permit very few BC residents wanted to do this kind of work. When I returened in the early fall and exchanged my currency the rate was always in favor of the Canadian currency. I'm hoping that will happen again. And yes, I do believe that both China and India are the rising dominant economic powers. It is time for a change in the US. They are arrogant and don't think this can happen. Wait until it does.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
"...both China and India are the rising dominant economic powers."

Indeed, they are rising.
But that is now.
It is in question that whether China will be able to keep its ever-increasing demand and will the western world keep consuming their product.
It could be easy as just a snap for Westerners to move its factories back to its own countries after severe depression and hard recession.
Gee, I am not economist so I cannot be entirely sure but I can say that if United States meets its demise...just like post-Roman era, Dark Age will begin.
Only this time, it will be the end of the world as we know it.
Just look at aqueducts...it was an amazing technological advancement during its time and it was widely used for Romans and many other major towns. However, during the dark age and preceding through that age, aqueducts...were thing of the past.
Of course, I'm sure some nations still used aqueducts...but not as much as Romans did.

Will see, everyone.
We are the history.