The Eight Worst Mistakes Made by the Allies in WWII

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
CSIS threatened to break your friend's legs??

That is the inference of your post.

Quite frankly, I don't believe it.

More likely some oil workers.

And I assume you wanted your newsletter read, so what if CSIS reads it??
No, the goons were from the forest industry. CSIS was interested because we were publishing stuff we were not supposed to have. We had a kid working with us who could hack any government file we needed and not leave a trace of where he'd been or where he went. We had dirt the politicians didn't know about and bureaucrats were terrified of people finding out. Too bad. Due to circumstances of his life at the time, my friend had to abandon the project. Sometimes life gets in the way.

After a particular stunt that I pulled, friends started calling me up to tell me that the RCMP were investigating me as a terrorist. At least a dozen friends were questioned by the police. I wasn't particularly worried as there was nothing I said or did that could bring charges, so I went to the RCMP detachment in Nelson. I walked up to the front desk and announced who I was and that I heard that they were investigating me. The desk officer actually stammered. I said, if you want to know what is going on, ask me and stop bothering my friends. He said that he could not deny or confirm the existence of such an investigation to the person they might be investigating. I laughed at him and walked out. That was the last I heard of it.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
If WWII couldn't have been won without the support of the USSR, then it was a wise idea to side with them.

Remember, it was the USSR and Great Britain which won WWII.

Im surprised you are willing to acknowledge the importance of any country other than Britain in the war. There may yet be hope for you yet!

It is a bit ironic though given the Russians refer to it as "The Great Patriotic War" and dont tend to give credit to anyone in the west for the important roles they played.

You should show some respect. If it wasn't for us Britons taking on fascism the whole of Europe would now be speaking German. My great grandfather received shrapnel in his leg on his way to handing out a thrashing to the Germans whilst the Yanks were sat on their arses doing nothing except colluding with the Nazis.

Remember, there's a reason why Norway gives Britain a Christmas tree every year and not USA or Canada. The Norwegians know the difference between major WWII player and a couple of un-needed bit-part players.

Us Brits get treated to free beers in pubs when we go on holiday to Continental Europe as a thanks for freeing their countries of Nazism. In 2004, whilst spending two months in Perugia in Italy, I was inundated on nights out with people saying thank you to me for my country helping to rid their country of Nazi rule.

A few head-the-balls on here might try to change history and downplay Britain's role in the defeat of Nazism and exaggerate the role their own countries played, but that doesn't matter when we are thanked annually by the people of Europe for freeing them of Nazi tyranny.

Thats funny. When it was just Britain and France standing up to the Nazis you got kicked out of continental Europe within about six weeks. If not for support from other countries a second front never would have opened in France, much less a third in Italy.

And Norway? The country was still pretty firmly under German control when Hitler died. They fell to the Germans within a few days and were largely ignored for the duration of the war. That was the final straw for Chamberlain's government. The allies and Norwegians didnt get control of the country back until the war ended.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
The nature laws are base of human societies. Freedom is not free. Freedom base on the equilibration among people. Society contract could be done by the equilibration. Societet contract are the soul of western society. Other place in the earth have no such things.People who fight with you have abandoned the contract and become your enemy. USSR have no freedom and no society contract. USSR was not a civilian society in nature law's standard. Hitler was protecting european from USSR's invasion. But allies accepted the savage USSR to beat a civilized Germany for a fuuny reason.

Put the whole civilized east european people to savage USSR. Do you think it is justice?

Nazis civilized - Wow you have a lot to learn.
Now check out the links and I will see you in the afterlife. Only 8 million to read. Cya
https://www.google.ca/#q=nazis+crimes

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
well, this sums it up quite well. When you decide to crawl out of dukes a$$ and breathe some fresh air, let us know and we'll see if we can't tell you some truths rather than the venomous bullshyte you are lapping up from the likes of david duke.

It's unbelievable how easily some of these idiots are brainwashed by the racists pigs like duke.

It's unbelievable how people have been brainwashed about David Duke, unless you know how small the brain is. It didn't take a whole bucket for you.

Im surprised you are willing to acknowledge the importance of any country other than Britain in the war. There may yet be hope for you yet!

It is a bit ironic though given the Russians refer to it as "The Great Patriotic War" and dont tend to give credit to anyone in the west for the important roles they played.

Thats funny. When it was just Britain and France standing up to the Nazis you got kicked out of continental Europe within about six weeks. If not for support from other countries a second front never would have opened in France, much less a third in Italy.

And Norway? The country was still pretty firmly under German control when Hitler died. They fell to the Germans within a few days and were largely ignored for the duration of the war. That was the final straw for Chamberlain's government. The allies and Norwegians didnt get control of the country back until the war ended.

Yes the Russians did eventually aknowledge the wests contributions and important roles by eliminating the Bolshevics.

The eight worst mistakes made by the allies during WW11.

Since we don't know the purpose of the war we can't even guess what mistakes may have been made. The war made a lot of people rich and it consoladated greater power in the hands of fewer people still. So was there really any mistakes made? I think if any mistakes were made they were minor and did not effect the outcome.