The Demise of Detroit!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Not everything is a result of Democrats and Republicans. I suspect both parties have very little to do with the success or non-success of anything; A figment of most imaginations.

Look at Japan. Their population will decline for much longer than any of us will be alive. Probably similar causes. Diminishing industrial region with an aging population and low fertility rate. Electing a Rep or Dem will do virtually jack squat in changing the course of demographics.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Not everything is a result of Democrats and Republicans. I suspect both parties have very little to do with the success or non-success of anything; A figment of most imaginations.

Look at Japan. Their population will decline for much longer than any of us will be alive. Probably similar causes. Diminishing industrial region with an aging population and low fertility rate. Electing a Rep or Dem will do virtually jack squat in changing the course of demographics.
But some people need a boogy man to blame for everything they are not willing to take responsibility for. The herd mentality is strong in politics. The herd always needs a leader. They can't think or act on their own. But as the Hopi say, "You are the one you have been waiting for." If you are going to be a sheeple, then you can expect to be a victim.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Actually, you are right Kreskin, blaming politics or people's interpretation of politics is an easy step for the simple minded, I would say it has much more to do with economics.

But some people need a boogy man to blame for everything they are not willing to take responsibility for. The herd mentality is strong in politics. The herd always needs a leader. They can't think or act on their own. But as the Hopi say, "You are the one you have been waiting for." If you are going to be a sheeple, then you can expect to be a victim.

Nice to start off the day reading two intelligent posts in a row! I suppose now that I've said that the likes of TBG will come out of the woodwork!- :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah I know. Those environmentalists keep fvcking themselves and everyone else.

Yep, 99.9% through their own ignorance- they probably know what a tree looks like and what a fish looks like, but they don't know what "work" looks like or that it's necessary to achieve a life style.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Back when I was still living in BC there was a "professional protester", every time I tried to watch the news there she was again beeking off about something with the stupidest of comments you could imagine.

If it wasn't Clayoquat it was paper cups, or toilet paper that was too soft or porridge that was too cold. Blah blah blah bla blah.

I know you've seen her. She looks just like this:

Hopeully by now she has choked on a piece of tofu.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Back when I was still living in BC there was a "professional protester", every time I tried to watch the news there she was again beeking off about something with the stupidest of comments you could imagine.

If it wasn't Clayoquat it was paper cups, or toilet paper that was too soft or porridge that was too cold. Blah blah blah bla blah.

I know you've seen her. She looks just like this:

Hopeully by now she has choked on a piece of tofu.

Yep, she was ugly then, she'd be hideous by now (and probably just as f**kin' stupid)-:)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Face it economic and socially Detroit lost its relevance as an industrial city.
The housing collapse had something to do with it though as well. As I
mentioned free trade deals with unscrupulous nations and third world ones
drove the wages and living standards down as well.
There are some good things happening in a minor sense though, some of the
housing is being torn down and an fledgling agricultural sector is beginning
again. so I've been told.
Interesting, to see the demise of a major city in our lifetime, sort of like seeing
a city crumble like ancient Rome but no one has to dig it up to sort through the
garbage to find out what went wrong.
As a side note, if people like the Donald get to display their version of power, or
the Tea Party and we'll have the largest excavation of society for historical
purposes ever and it will be called America.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How about all those years of building crap. The auto manufacturers have been bailed out several times but they are still building
cars nobody wants. I don't know how many jobs have sent off shore but the industry is not growing like it is in Asia.
Alleged "bail out money" went to build factories in China and India. As 20% owners of GM the Govt of Canada did knowingly send 10's of thousands of jobs overseas.

Was this part of the deal when we bought China?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
As a side note, if people like the Donald get to display their version of power, or
the Tea Party and we'll have the largest excavation of society for historical
purposes ever and it will be called America.

Oh yes... just look at what the Tea Party did to Detroit.

Talk about a big DUH

Detroit is a model Democrat city. 100%.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The American auto industry has not built a decent vehicle in decades. That is the single biggest reason they are in decline, just like the rest of the American Empire. All one has to do is visit "the people of Walmart" to see why the Roman Empire fell and why the US will never recover from its present race for the bottom - decadence. The US is like a corps that doesn't realize its dead.