The Death Penalty

Gordon J Torture

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
Ahhh... but the one innocent child is a clean slate neither corrupt or incorruptable. There is raw potential there. 10 already corrupt men being removed from the face of the Earth...can also be said to be a benefit to society. He is helping to remove the corruption we fear.

Perhaps, although that does not have much to do with the original argument. My original point was regarding the saving of life specifically by either direct or indirect means which generate a result that is not debateable. Your point, although a good one, involves the generation of no detectable outcome.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
I hope everyone in this "farce-noir" will pardon me while I make an elimination..... I may return to play, and yet the hour tells me I have better things to do - like see the world through the back of my eyelids - rather more rewarding, I daresay.

Gordon J Torture

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
I hesitate to point this out, my friend (and I use the term in the Colloquial) - but you are bringing a knife to a gun-fight.

Lucky for me, a knife can be superior to a gun based on variable circumstances such as the range from an opponent, angle of attack, visibility impairment, and much like in this case, the instance of the supposed "Gun fighter" neglecting to load his gun.

In retrospect, I am rather pleased to see you are confident. I have often pondered the thought: "Is it confidence that makes one great, or greatness that makes one confident?"

Oh, and incase you were unable to understand, I wrote the analogy in a "colloquial" style.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Gordon J Torture said:
Ahhh... but the one innocent child is a clean slate neither corrupt or incorruptable. There is raw potential there. 10 already corrupt men being removed from the face of the Earth...can also be said to be a benefit to society. He is helping to remove the corruption we fear.

Perhaps, although that does not have much to do with the original argument. My original point was regarding the saving of life specifically by either direct or indirect means which generate a result that is not debateable. Your point, although a good one, involves the generation of no detectable outcome.

Of course it does.. Missles original statement was about police officers who have been murdered in the line of duty and how the justice system treats them differently from an ordinairy person being murdered. Threads bye the bye do tend to follow differnet tangents.

It is about the different value we place on lives. One innocent child ...as opposed to ten corrupt individuals. A hobo ...a police officer. We automatically make value judgements about how they relate to society and its functions. We place different values on different lives constantly. (to borrow your own gripe) ...this person can go to college...this person can't. We base that decision on Intelligence, we base it on atheletic prowess, we base it on their ability or potential to pay or we base it on societies ability to pay for tuition.

The same holds true for types of crimes we deem as an act against society. We place various sentences and terms of punishments to help pay for the system and to remove what are threats to society. Left or right side politics... that does not change.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
I am deathly sorry, Sir - but your command of the English langauge and composition is sadly apparent.... you made no "analogy" of any kind. You must compare one situation to another in an oblique, but fitting way, to accomplish Analogy. It further must compare the two in a "like-wise" manner, though sometimes obscurely.... hence the meaning of the term.
You attempted neither the first, nor accomplished the second.

Bantering semi-sophisticated terms about is the "Lout's" hope for acceptance; rarely achieved.....

too bad, so sad.

Gordon J Torture

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
Of course it does.. Missles original statement was about police officers who have been murdered in the line of duty and how the justice system treats them differently from an ordinairy person being murdered

Well then I apologize, I was under the impression we were still debating in unnecessary great depth, one of the comments I previously made.

Gordon J Torture

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
I am deathly sorry, Sir - but your command of the English langauge and composition is sadly apparent.... you made no "analogy" of any kind. You must compare one situation to another in an oblique, but fitting way, to accomplish Analogy. It further must compare the two in a "like-wise" manner, though sometimes obscurely.... hence the meaning of the term.
You attempted neither the first, nor accomplished the second.

Bantering semi-sophisticated terms about is the "Lout's" hope for acceptance; rarely achieved.....

too bad, so sad.

a·nal·o·gy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-nl-j)
n. pl. a·nal·o·gies

Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.

"Is it confidence that makes one great, or greatness that makes one confident?"

A comparison based on such similarity. See Synonyms at likeness.
Biology. Correspondence in function or position between organs of dissimilar evolutionary origin or structure.
A form of logical inference or an instance of it, based on the assumption that if two things are known to be alike in some respects, then they must be alike in other respects.
Linguistics. The process by which words or morphemes are re-formed or created on the model of existing grammatical patterns in a language, often leading to greater regularity in paradigms, as evidenced by helped replacing holp and holpen as the past tense and past participle of help on the model of verbs such as yelp, yelped, yelped

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Oh... and on the subject of "confidence" and whatever other nonsense you were on about - I claim none. I simply Inquire and Know...

I "Inquire" when I sense that I don't know,
and I know that which is beyond my further quest.... as in: I cannot, to be truthful, explain to you how the Sun will be there tomorrow, with fancy Mathematics - but I KNOW it will!

"Knowledge is Certainty - Knowledge is not Data." L. Ron Hubbard, many many years ago.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
[quote="Gordon J Torture]
a·nal·o·gy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-nl-j)
n. pl. a·nal·o·gies

Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.

"Is it confidence that makes one great, or greatness that makes one confident?"

A comparison based on such similarity. See Synonyms at likeness.
Biology. Correspondence in function or position between organs of dissimilar evolutionary origin or structure.
A form of logical inference or an instance of it, based on the assumption that if two things are known to be alike in some respects, then they must be alike in other respects.
Linguistics. The process by which words or morphemes are re-formed or created on the model of existing grammatical patterns in a language, often leading to greater regularity in paradigms, as evidenced by helped replacing holp and holpen as the past tense and past participle of help on the model of verbs such as yelp, yelped, yelped[/quote]

A more-than-adequate Copy-and-Paste, Gordon - do you have anything to add yourself?

If not, it's getting MORE than Goddamn late out here, and I am tired of almost everything.....

Gordon J Torture

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
A more-than-adequate Copy-and-Paste, Gordon - do you have anything to add yourself?

Nope, I made the fact I cut and pasted it from an online dictionary blatantly obvious in addition to bolding the relevant text for you to figure out on your own. You reprobate what is unfamiliar, hoping to bring about the familiar, as you instead blatantly appear as a farceur of logic. My obvious analagy was in the form of "A is to B as C is to what? Notice an interchangeable coefficient? You have expired my lenity, I am sick of being your teacher, although you may continue to entertain me if you wish.

What is indeed sad, is your obviously implacable fetish consisting of the showcasing of what you falsely believe you are good at, in futile attempts to compensate for your insecurities.

In is unacceptable to reinvent the English language whenever you perceive as convenient and then try to pass similar judgment onto others.

As my last act of charity to you, I will inform you that it is in your best interest to find something you are indeed good at.

"Each man is capable of doing one thing well. If he attempts several, he will fail to achieve distinction in any." Plato. ;)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I think I will entrust my daughter and myself to a corrupt cop over a hobo who may or maynot be a drunk/junkie but who is unable to keep a job or a roof over his head. I prefer to deal with somebody who talks into a mike rather then talks to thin air.

Gordon J Torture

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
Well yeah, Twilla, statistically, one who had an education, yet ends up a hobo, usually isn't exactly mentally stable. I would not feel comfort in leaving my daughter with such an individual either. However, that still doesn't necessarily mean the cop is more beneficial as a whole.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
However, that still doesn't necessarily mean the cop is more beneficial as a whole.
Corrupt can work good deeds too.

In Victoria they take the dope from the small time dealers without charging them. this way when the big boys come to collect and the small timers have no product, no money, and no court date they are actually DEALT with rather then put through the system.

So on the hole corruption is not always bad....

Gordon J Torture

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
So on the hole corruption is not always bad....

Ahh, yet sacrificing the need to have power over other men, so that all men are equal is terrible.

God Forbid, not being able to own another man, and live a much better life style than the average man around you. God forbid, not being able to enslave children to the limitations of their parents greed. That would be stupid, because that is EXACTLY what men, and women are for! We exist only to get rich and ENSLAVE!!! Without this opportunity, life is not worth living because we cannot fulfill our "potential", and whoever does not get rich and ENSLAVE innocent children is useless and their opinion means NOTHING!

No sarcasm there eh ....

LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! long live CORRUPTION!!!! (Only democratic corruption is alloud though, any other kind is evil).

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"God Forbid, not being able to own another man..."

Maybe no one has told him yet that no one owns him.....