The Bigoted NAACP

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
OK, here's the summary of the story in the OP.

The author and her husband attempted to rent booth space at the NAACP convention. The NAACP declined to rent them that space. One possible reason is that the author is repeatedly and vocally critical of the NAACP.

So, you tell me. Does the "blacklisting" of a single conservative black author constitute discrimination against black conservatives generally? Can there be justification for an organisation to refuse to rent booth space at its convention to a person who has made a career of attacking that organisation?

If the Republican Party refuses to allow Noam Chomsky (a famous leftist and anti-Republican writer) to speak at its convention, is it being discriminatory?

The NAACP is an independent organization and as such, I figure that the only folks they need to answer to is their membership.

That said, my understanding of the mission is to "ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination"

In my opinion, in not addressing these squeaky-wheels, they are doing their membership a disservice and (in a way) not upholding their mandate in 'ensuring' the political representation they identify in the mission statement.

In that respect, I do see an issue, although I think it a stretch to employ the word discrimination.

As a minority group the Black people in America are angry. They have every right to be. They have been lied to, tricked and deceived many times by politicians.

True to political form, I think it's fair to say that the political brain-trust has tricked every demographic equally and without discrimination.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Yes we all miss the good old days when it was whites only ...............

This coming from a member that said; "let the westerners swim." :roll: when Calgary was flooded.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The NAACP is an independent organization and as such, I figure that the only folks they need to answer to is their membership.

That said, my understanding of the mission is to "ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination"

In my opinion, in not addressing these squeaky-wheels, they are doing their membership a disservice and (in a way) not upholding their mandate in 'ensuring' the political representation they identify in the mission statement.

In that respect, I do see an issue, although I think it a stretch to employ the word discrimination.
Personally, I need more evidence than not renting booth space to one loudmouth to conclude that there's pervasive discrimination.

The amusing part is that the same people who consider this "NAACP bigotry" would leap to the defence of, say, a publishing house that declined to publish one of the author's books and was called racist by the author for so declining.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Yes black people can be conservative they just are not accepted by the NAACP
That is not bigoted its a case of where the Liberals don't want Conservatives in
attending their meeting.
If you were holding a meeting and those who are not on your side wanted a place
at the table you would likely say no as well.
Wrong. Mitt Romney was a keynote speaker at last year's convention. This tells me that conservatives are welcome but not if they are black.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
And IRL you're a liberal. :lol:
Small L, and also a small c conservative.

lib·er·al

/ˈlɪbərəl, ˈlɪbrəl/ Show Spelled [lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl] Show IPA
adjective
of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.

4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.

con·serv·a·tive

/kənˈsɜrvətɪv/ http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html Show Spelled [kuhn-sur-vuh-tiv] http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html Show IPA
adjective 1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

2. cautiously moderate

3. traditional in style or manner

Last edited:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I have posted before that I use this site as entertainment.

And I'll say it again Walter.

You are likely the most picked-on, third-party sniped, trolled, poked and almost-antagonized guy on this board. Nobody gets to you brother. Makes some them rather mad. They try and get under your skin or find your goat but man oh man...you are Master of your Domain.

Well-played Sir. Well-played.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So? Black people can't be conservative?

I'm only responding to this because it was a response to me. However, your comment has nothing to do with what I said.

Gez, who knew?? I thought the NAACP was supposed to represent ALL Blacks. Hmmmm

You thought wrong. Not unusual.

It does beg the question relative to "ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination"

Exactly, so you can see why conservatism would have no place at the NAACP.