'Thank an Indian' shirt generates intense reaction

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I think it's a divisive statement. By and large because so many people get so frothed up so easily. But, I think it's accurate. And I think it's symptomatic of a frustration a lot of people feel, especially when sitting around listening to some go on ad nauseum about why natives don't deserve their treaty rights.

No, it's not "accurate". "Indians" today have nothing to do with whether or not someone owns land in Canada. "Indians" in BC have have absolutely NOTHING to do with land ownership ever. There were no treaties untill very recently. She is completely inacurate in her statement and it is VERY divisive.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Not really on the first part, and at this point, who cares, on the second.

Yes, on the first part, and people that would prefer a Country that wasn't divided. Those that don't care about divisive issues, statements, comments, are those that support a divided country.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
A post in ERBL's facebook page, from the 'not racist' group Michele Tittler runs....

"Got Land Natives?
Thanks CANADA!
You Never Paid For It
Never Built Anything On It
Never Contributed To Others
Never Earned It
You Just Stole It
Now Don't Get All Offended
You Had This Coming
This Is Your Dialogue, After-All"

Yeah, I'm gonna go with racist, not just drama seeking. Always interesting when people confirm your suspicions.

Probably one of the most ignorant things about their facebook page is that they put quotations around any reference to First Nations. They're not First Nations people, they're 'First Nations'... I can visualize the air quotes as they're speaking. Ugh.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Wowzas, here's a real gem from Michele Tittler... I haven't included what it is that was written to set her off, feel free to check that out on the facebook page yourself. I just wanted to highlight the 'not racism'. Unbelievable.

" And here is the manipulative self inflicted victim hood dialogue of which I speak, from the native magic language.

Look at this hysterical woman's email (below) to Prime Minister Harper saying that I put a 13 year old girl's life in danger.

Now you know how and why that small pox blanket got so big, and nothing BUT bad ever happened at the Residential school.

This also explains why they keep blaming Canada and keep being victims.

They lie, they exaggerate, they morph...they "oral history" everything.
And it's only ever that they are victims.

THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL VICTIMS.
IT'S THE ONLY THING THEY KNOW, AND THE ONLY THING THEY GET PAID TO BE.
DO-GOODER WHITE GUILT HELPS MAKE THAT POSSIBLE.

The filthy, ugly, abusive, RACIST comments and emails we got over this story were sensational.

Hundreds of natives, mostly kids, saying the most vile racist things to grown adults, telling them to "**** off and go home from where you came you genocidal murderer, you raped our children and stole our land"

This is how ALL the natives talk to Canadians because they get taught to. It's even in the schools.

Let me tell you something natives who blame as if it's your only known language....

YOU put that 13 year old girl out there in front of the country, not anyone else.

YOU made her go back to school wearing that shirt AFTER she was told not to, blatantly disrespecting Canadians, and our School board, after we pay for those things ourselves.

YOU called the CBC to brag that YOU bullied everyone to get YOUR racist way.

YOU were on her Facebook page, open to the public, patting her on the back for something SO wrong, I had to come and tell you how wrong it was.

YOU should be ashamed of yourselves for setting up a 13 year old girl to bully Canadians with that racist slur, and for then not teaching her how racist it was.

Even when it's YOU who are to blame, you NEVER take accountability. White do-gooder guilt made sure you never had to and wasn't that so good for you? Look what you have all become as the result of that guilt trip....absolutely out-of-control RACIST BULLIES.

No one else in this country will stand up to you natives, except me.
And do you know why?
BECAUSE YOU SAY SUPER CRAZY THINGS LIKE THIS BELOW!

you're all so used to PLAY ACTING victim, AS you are actually doing the abusing.
YOU are the perpetrators.
YOU are the racists
YOU are the abusers of innocent tax payers

now go deal with it...you have no time to be on my page blaming me for what YOU did.

YOU set that girl up to be your front man so you could get away with this disgusting racism, and if anyone said a word you could site her age, only her age never mattered when you were using it to bully us and make us have to swallow this abuse.

not going to happen anymore.
I am standing up to your manipulative dialogue and you are NOT going to keep abusing us this way any more.

look at this woman's crazy lie....do you see how and why they have successfully BULLIED this country?
guilt!

I do not feel guilty for their racism, abuse and bullying.
It's THEIR TURN TO FEEL GUILT BUT THEY NEVER NEVER DO.

END RACE BASED LAW
Michele Tittler "

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
"I was immensely offended"

Really. Wow.

Fuk me man...I don't think I've been 'offended' once in my entire life. Never mind 'immensely'.

Don't get me wrong now...I think a lot of sh!t is pretty goddamn stupid but what do I really care?

But 'offended'? By some other dummy especially? C'mon now. :lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
"I was immensely offended"

Really. Wow.

Fuk me man...I don't think I've been 'offended' once in my entire life. Never mind 'immensely'.

Don't get me wrong now...I think a lot of sh!t is pretty goddamn stupid but what do I really care?

But 'offended'? By some other dummy especially? C'mon now. :lol:

Not just offended, they're having to live under extreme racism...

From ERBL's facebook page.... " I have stacks and stacks of proof from a year of collecting it every day, from thousands of natives. There is NO QUESTION they are being taught and raised with brainwashing so racist, it's unbelievable. THEE MOST RACIST DIALOGUE EVER IN OUR HISTORIES IN NORTH AMERICA. It's not as if you'd know....I do."

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Wowzas, here's a real gem from Michele Tittler... I haven't included what it is that was written to set her off, feel free to check that out on the facebook page yourself. I just wanted to highlight the 'not racism'. Unbelievable.

" And here is the manipulative self inflicted victim hood dialogue of which I speak, from the native magic language.

Look at this hysterical woman's email (below) to Prime Minister Harper saying that I put a 13 year old girl's life in danger.

Now you know how and why that small pox blanket got so big, and nothing BUT bad ever happened at the Residential school.

The filthy, ugly, abusive, RACIST comments and emails we got over this story were sensational.

Hundreds of natives, mostly kids, saying the most vile racist things to grown adults, telling them to "**** off and go home from where you came you genocidal murderer, you raped our children and stole our land"

This is how ALL the natives talk to Canadians because they get taught to. It's even in the schools.

Let me tell you something natives who blame as if it's your only known language....

YOU put that 13 year old girl out there in front of the country, not anyone else.

YOU made her go back to school wearing that shirt AFTER she was told not to, blatantly disrespecting Canadians, and our School board, after we pay for those things ourselves.

YOU were on her Facebook page, open to the public, patting her on the back for something SO wrong, I had to come and tell you how wrong it was.

YOU should be ashamed of yourselves for setting up a 13 year old girl to bully Canadians with that racist slur, and for then not teaching her how racist it was.

Even when it's YOU who are to blame, you NEVER take accountability. White do-gooder guilt made sure you never had to and wasn't that so good for you? Look what you have all become as the result of that guilt trip....absolutely out-of-control RACIST BULLIES.

And do you know why?

you're all so used to PLAY ACTING victim, AS you are actually doing the abusing.
YOU are the racists

now go deal with it...you have no time to be on my page blaming me for what YOU did.

YOU set that girl up to be your front man so you could get away with this disgusting racism, and if anyone said a word you could site her age, only her age never mattered when you were using it to bully us and make us have to swallow this abuse.

I am standing up to your manipulative dialogue and you are NOT going to keep abusing us this way any more.

look at this woman's crazy lie....do you see how and why they have successfully BULLIED this country?
guilt!

END RACE BASED LAW
Michele Tittler "
lol Like I said, people like this need to grow a skin (any color will do as I am culturally colorblind) and aren't bright enough to be taken seriously. It's a cultural issue and the Europeans did their level best to wipe out cultures. And what's more, it still goes on today. It's vive la uniformite with them.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
They used to torch the prairie and boreal to hunt without the fires the prairie and boreal are no longer the same.

Head Smashed In is pretty cool place. Wanuskewin in Saskatoon is pretty cool too. There are a few a buffalo jumps in SK that aren't parks that anyone can find cool artifacts.

The coolest place for find artifacts is massacre bay on the south SK river. 1500 men battled it out over some stolen horses. It's not uncommon to find human bones laying around.

There is a lot of cool history on the prairie.

I refuse to shoulder the load of what the English did. They didn't treat people of my culture any better when they came over as pioneers 100 years ago.

Me neither. My clan was getting turfed off their heeland hames bout the same time.
Brits sure was wunnerful.
Not that I miss the Heelands. I never did like sheep.
Just wish we could get some reparations for broken shinbones and the like.

No, it's not "accurate". "Indians" today have nothing to do with whether or not someone owns land in Canada. "Indians" in BC have have absolutely NOTHING to do with land ownership ever. There were no treaties untill very recently. She is completely inacurate in her statement and it is VERY divisive.

Yup.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Right on my glowingly white backside

I lived next to a Ukrainian community centre, and a Ukrainian church in Edmonton. But again, 'native' just means race, not roots, to some people right?
It's becoming a roots thing these days too. A native friend since I was a kid, worked for the Feds at Indian and Northern Affairs took a transfer to Toronto. I had an 8 hr layover and called her to go for lunch. I met her at the office and was introduced to her co-workers. On the way out in the elevator I asked her "why are you the only Native?" She replied "I'm not, there are only two whites who work in my section and the rest are status. There was something like 6 or 7 of co-workers and they were as white as I am. A blonde, blue eyed guy and gals and the others who were Quebecois passed as whites to me as well . My friend was the only one with bannock butt.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
A post in ERBL's facebook page, from the 'not racist' group Michele Tittler runs....

"Got Land Natives?
Thanks CANADA!
You Never Paid For It
Never Built Anything On It
Never Contributed To Others
Never Earned It
You Just Stole It
Now Don't Get All Offended
You Had This Coming
This Is Your Dialogue, After-All"

Yeah, I'm gonna go with racist, not just drama seeking. Always interesting when people confirm your suspicions.

Probably one of the most ignorant things about their facebook page is that they put quotations around any reference to First Nations. They're not First Nations people, they're 'First Nations'... I can visualize the air quotes as they're speaking. Ugh.

Ever notice how "I'm not racist but. . ." is always followed by a racist statement?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

And do you know why?

YOU are the racists

guilt!

END RACE BASED LAW
Michele Tittler "

Huh. And to think I wrote her off when I read she was a 'political activist'. I smelled 'self-righteousness'.

Guess I called that one.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
And that's the thing.... we all got signed into this perpetual agreement that, well, sucks balls. White, french, native, recent immigrant, doesn't matter. We got signed up whether we wanted to or not. I find it weird that as Idle No More is pushing to educate people about what it really means, people like Tittler are freaking out and crying discrimination.

Idle No More has lost their direction. When they refused to lead, they created a vacuum that was filled by others with their own agenda.
Ya gotta wonder what is and is not important nowadays.
Kelly McParland: Hawaiian night grouches bid aloha to common sense | National Post

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Actually it opens up a whole new potential industry, pro-indian sayings.

What is the point of stealing the land if this is what you were going to do with it?

I wonder how much it would cost us to fix the place up so the Indians would take it back?

We tried Ottawa, which way to the Hague?

Someday we may have as much freedom as Gaza has.

Indian Schools, when results don't matter.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

And do you know why?

YOU are the racists

guilt!

END RACE BASED LAW
Michele Tittler "

Yup, she's a moron. No argument there. That being said, it still doesn't justify the other end of things.

Crap like this I have heard and had yelled at me time and time again.

telling them to "**** off and go home from where you came you genocidal murderer, you raped our children and stole our land"

Sorry, "I" have never done any of that and I doubt anyone else on this board has done any of that. Has our Governments, past and present, been responsible for all of that? At one time or another, you bet, no argument there either. The vitriol, from BOTH sides, will not help anyone. It is NOT conducive to solving any of the problems, both past, present, and future.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Yup, she's a moron. No argument there. That being said, it still doesn't justify the other end of things.

Crap like this I have heard and had yelled at me time and time again.

telling them to "**** off and go home from where you came you genocidal murderer, you raped our children and stole our land"

Sorry, "I" have never done any of that and I doubt anyone else on this board has done any of that. Has our Governments, past and present, been responsible for all of that? At one time or another, you bet, no argument there either. The vitriol, from BOTH sides, will not help anyone. It is NOT conducive to solving any of the problems, both past, present, and future.

But it gets so much more milage with the media.

Human_Observer

Nov 26, 2013
I'd have to admit I am a little offended by the T-Shirt. I was told by a very wise native man "That no one owes anything, especially land. We just borrow it for a time!". I believe this is true and very wise.

Would one be offended if I wore a shirt that said "Life is a little easier. Thank a white man!" I hope not.
We should all thank each other and be proud of who we are.
I also admit "I am a racist! I hate the whole human race, for what we do and say to each other!". Good thing I am an Alien!:)

A better T-Shirt would be "Let Share, and We all Benefit!"

Oh! I got a new T-Shirt Idea "Life is hard! Thank the Greedy!"