Temperatures falling, fires still burning in B.C.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Farther east,meadowbank for a few years untill it sold to Agnico eagle and is now a mine,they should have their first bar poured by now,then off farther east last year to discovery camp by melidianne resources out of Van.
Near the bigger underground mine north of Rankin inlet,same property,same exploration company out of Van.

I did work for RTL out of Yellowknife one year and they wanted to send me to Lupin for reclamation.
I declined though,i like the small camps and not the big industriliazed ones.
If you ever read the book about the Canadian diamond finds called the barrenlands,the cook mentioned in the book is Dianne,my cook for 4 years and good friend from Saskabush.
shes been all over the arctic for 30 years and is well known.
She also left meadowbank camp when it got to 70 guys(boart longyear) and I dont blame her.
Geo's may be crazy but core drillers are animals.:lol:
I worked with Boart Longyear from second year of uni to grad school (MSc) (still run 6 of their rigs).

I worked Lupin when all we hit was 2-3oz t of au back in 97-98. We hit fantastic quantities of zinc up there but little gold after a while. Then went on to BHP, then to oil for a while then closer to home in Flin Flon/Lynn lake/Thompson and now I'm doing my part in keeping the lights on in the city of lights exploring and developing U on both sides of the SK NWT border.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Thats what I mostly find. You would think that having built 100+km of logging road on the coast I would have found at least one good rock formation.

22 years in B.C. and all I found was petrified wood and millions of dino tracks,of course I wasnt in gold country,that was farther west closer to cranbrook where I did have a claim on perry creek for a few years and got some nice gold.
I live next to the frank slide in Alberta and you would think you would find something other then horn coral in the rocks but not much there.
Ten miles from my place I did find a deposit of ammonites,baculites,fresh water clams and all sorts of fresh water sea creatures perfectly fossilized with intact suture lines and 4 colors showing on the ammonites.
I must have ten tonnes of rocks now stockpiled in the driveway.

the geology around me is interesting as most mountains are flipped upside down so the oldest rock is at the top and the newest is at the base of the mountain.
It's also all sedimentary which means the layers are like tree rings,each tells a story of what the environment was like when the sediments were deposited.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Could be, we flew in and out by helo out of Rossland I believe. I used to work for Dynatec/Tanto. We put a portal in, way up the mountain.
lol Rossland is near Trail BC. Southern BC about a 8 hour drive from Vancouver. Red Mountain is a ski hill and it's where Nancy Greene (old Olympian) skiied most. Dease Lake is northern BC, closer to Whitehorse than Vancouver.

Last edited:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
lol Rossland is near Trail BC. Southern BC about a 8 hour drive from Vancouver. Red Mountain is a ski hill and it's where Nancy Greene (old Olympian) skiied most. Dease Lake is northern BC, closer to Whitehorse than Vancouver.
Ok,now I know which mountain your talking about.