Taliban video shows captive US soldier

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
"Japan kicked them in the nuts, they learned."....

Ahh but that was then and this is now!
As far as technology is concerned, the world has become a MUch smaller place enabling those with the will, to do much greater damage to those cowards who took advantage in the past, with their weapons a mass-destruction.
The playing field has and will continue to be more evened out in this regard.

It is a smaller playing field. Our problem isn't that splinter cells can do massive damage, but that we tie our own hands in war. While I assert that war is a last resort, it should always be all out and regardless of civilians.

I bet, as we gobble down our suppers tonight while watching the 6 o`clock news reassure us our government has everything under controll, plans are in full swing for another `kick in the nuts` for Americans and its kiss-ass allies.

Not me man, I don't watch news any more. Control is an illusion, and plans are always in full swing for another kick in the nuts. It's our own failing. We shouldn't allow kooks to control government nor business and that is exactly what we have now. It falls to us to ensure that our country and all countries associated with us deal fairly and with the greater good at heart when dealing with any developing country.

It`s only a matter of time....something the west has to struggle with and the `enemy` has plenty of.

Sure but there is the same mad dogs over there that has no one holding a leash. So we have to deal with that and this is what Afghanistan is about. If we never did a thing at all to Afghanistan, or any other country, it would eventually reach us. Of that there is no question in my mind. And so, it's the support of our military that gets that paticular foot off that paticular throat and allow the Afghan people time to get up and assume the role of leadership in their country. This in turn will give us the time we need to give that choke chain we should have round the necks of our politicians a damn good yank.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I have refused to participate here because of a personal flaw.....an inability to remain civil when confronted with idiocy on a massive scale.

You can figure out what I'm talking about.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Really? It was clearly stated at the very beginning, didn't you bother to pay attention to that? Or did you get confused when someone said Iraq? One thing is for sure, paying attention is a good thing to do. Especially when your country is at war.

Something clearly stated by liars and murderers isn't to be believed.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I have refused to participate here because of a personal flaw.....an inability to remain civil when confronted with idiocy on a massive scale.

That's your fantasy based perspective convincing you that you have the discriminating qualities to make these types of decisions. As example you claim non participation while participating. This is a breach of fundemental logic symtomatic of serious mental problems, possibly rabies.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Sure but there is the same mad dogs over there that has no one holding a leash. So we have to deal with that and this is what Afghanistan is about. If we never did a thing at all to Afghanistan, or any other country, it would eventually reach us. Of that there is no question in my mind. And so, it's the support of our military that gets that paticular foot off that paticular throat and allow the Afghan people time to get up and assume the role of leadership in their country. This in turn will give us the time we need to give that choke chain we should have round the necks of our politicians a damn good yank.

We are the boot on the Afghan throat Mr mad dog.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Something clearly stated by liars and murderers isn't to be believed.

So you're saying they weren't trained in Afghanistan? No terrorist training centres under Taliban rule in Afghanistan? Do you even accept that Al Qeada exists? If not we really don't have a discussion here.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If Taliban pics of old women picking their grankid's bone fragments and NATO shrapnel from her back don't phase you, then why jump up and down like a monkey who lost it's banana when a prisoner of war is on TV?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
If Taliban pics of old women picking their grankid's bone fragments and NATO shrapnel from her back don't phase you, then why jump up and down like a monkey who lost it's banana when a prisoner of war is on TV?

Well, I know I'm not. Like I said they can do their worst. It only strengthens my conviction that we should stop being so soft on civilians. It's war.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So you're saying they weren't trained in Afghanistan? No terrorist training centres under Taliban rule in Afghanistan? Do you even accept that Al Qeada exists? If not we really don't have a discussion here.

Can you prove that it is true beyond the propaganda spewed by American news media and government hear say?

Just asking.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Soft on civilians? That is hillarious. No-one who is under seige in an illegal occupation is a civilian. They are all prisoners in their own lands.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Good idea Colpy....best you sit this one out till they find out the facts surrounding the POW, lest you again stick your foot in your mouth from over-reacting/jumping to conclusions.:smile: