T.V Shows

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I've become a angel with the wood with all the spare time I gained. :lol:

I can't really imagine a life spent siting watching television is a life that's really worth living.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I have abandoned the entertainment medium of television. I keep myself occupied with woodworking projects and reading information on the Internet. Mostly philosophy. History. Politics.

I think the last show i watched were Seinfeld and The Simpsons.

I've gone unplugged a long time now.

I do a lot of reading when it's a crap night for telly.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I'm guilty of cheering for the Ottawa Senators. So I do watch some games.
I enjoy the game of hockey mostly from a strategic analytical point of view.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm guilty of cheering for the Ottawa Senators. So I do watch some games.
I enjoy the game of hockey mostly from a strategic analytical point of view.

That reminds me. The England football "friendly" against Germany in Berlin is on TV tonight. So that's my Saturday night telly sorted.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I have abandoned the entertainment medium of television. I keep myself occupied with woodworking projects and reading information on the Internet. Mostly philosophy. History. Politics.

A monitor is the same as a TV so you just changed channels. which is alright. Since I tend to follow international politics I watch the news from both sides vis the net so I am still plugged into 'TV'. Today I watch it with a more critical eye and the added aspect is to play 'spot the lie' or spot the 'unsupported fact' Jesse V. uses the Gulf of Tonkin and if you watched both versions of what was being fed to the public and then watched the original broadcasts with the objective of spotting what was a fact and what was 'not yet proven' but promoted as a fact you should be able to spot a few items that do not fit as well as they should.
That could be a new angle for the shows that are combat based and the plotting before the combat starts to be the centre of the show. (which seems to already be happening more and more) The Planet of Gor series would be possible now that green screen is perfected. The women as slaves seemed to make itself acceptable in that they competed to be sold at as high a price as possible as that gave them more authority in the group. Something like a large harem with gold-diggers preferred as they were the most entertaining to their 'owner'. your 'horse' is an 12ft raven that can be armoured up like a knights horse if the need arises. Obviously green screen would be needed. For plots all they did us take some culture that existed before guns and build a thriller around it.

The Vikings finding a city of Merlins that ends up being the NSA operating as envisioned and tiny drones are their eyes and ears to keep the 21 st century involved. (as long as there is a 'Can you hear me now?' moment) A Viking with an 'all knowing tablet' and some other nifty toys like the Predator has. Dreadlocks okay but the teeth need to be fixed.

I do a lot of reading when it's a crap night for telly.
Don't you have broadband? Even Pitcarn Is. has broadband

Whatever happened to the guy who shot a flaming arrow at a funeral long-boat and missed it twice? (only question I can think of asking)

I saw some vid yesterday about the ability to record famous people and edit their speeches to say what you want them to say. The demo was pretty convincing. Now they have the shows why not a home version as a game that leads the home uses on some sort of 'quest' or training mission. The home user would have the option of whose voice to use as that can also be copied no doubt. Immersive soap operas if such an animal can be created. (multiple choice for 'plots and reasons for actions')

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Yes it's a different connection as you generally have more power to decide what you consume intellectually on the Internet. I make no illusions for myself that the Internet can't be as bad if not worst then Tv.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Don't you have broadband? Even Pitcarn Is. has broadband

My internet and World Wide Web is steam powered. I have a massive Industrial Revolution-era Boulton & Watt steam engine in my front garden with the specific purpose of providing me with internet and World Wide Web connection.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars

Good to hear you're supplementing your woodworking knowledge with some complementary studies. Probably an internet student . Hopefully you'll take a few trips to the library you sure as hell need to.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Good to hear you're supplementing your woodworking knowledge with some complementary studies. Probably an internet student . Hopefully you'll take a few trips to the library you sure as hell need to.

Like my oldest daughter would say. I know, right?!? :lol:

The rest of my time is spent with my 3 kids and wife. You can probably relate to them sinse they rarely win any arguments :lol:

But I do give credit when credit is due.

I think all 3 of my kids already have thicker skins then you do :lol:

Your a bit of what I like to call, a social butterfly :lol:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Omg,wherew do I start? Ragnar ofcourse,but I love Floki!

I feel the same way! Lagertha is my woman crush.
Bjorn

Lagertha! I'm totally in love with both the character and the actress.

I love Vikings too that hat that flava flav wore when he was dating Bridget Neilson is pretty cool I'd love to have that hat with the horns.

FLAVA FLAVVVVE!

Because we only watch Netflix and the occassional show we download, we have missed all the commercials and we can see how silly marketing has become.

You can probably relate to them sinse they rarely win any arguments :lol:

Women often view the men folk like pidgeons on a chestboard. Strutting around... oblivious.

lol

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Women often view the men folk like pidgeons on a chestboard. Strutting around... oblivious.

lol

Sure, but your still not, that interested, in the ones who haven't got the ability to view women in the same way. :lol:

It's not very exciting otherwise. Obviously.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I mostly watch NBA basketball and PGA golf. Sports in general.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Like my oldest daughter would say. I know, right?!? :lol:

The rest of my time is spent with my 3 kids and wife. You can probably relate to them sinse they rarely win any arguments :lol:

But I do give credit when credit is due.

I think all 3 of my kids already have thicker skins then you do :lol:

Your a bit of what I like to call, a social butterfly :lol:
I couldn't give a rats azz what you would call me or anyone else. Your opinion has no credibility with me.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I couldn't give a rats azz what you would call me or anyone else. Your opinion has no credibility with me.

Well ya! Duh. we can all tell that. It's obvious by the way you sound so vexed with me in the last day.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Well ya! Duh. we can all tell that. It's obvious by the way you sound so vexed with me in the last day.

Ludlow copied this answer and posted it opposite several other posters on a series of threads.

He's having a bad day.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Ludlow copied this answer and posted it opposite several other posters on a series of threads.

He's having a bad day.
I'm actually having a good morning. I have no idea what you're blathering about. you children need not take yourself too seriously . maybe get out and shoot some pool today and have a few beers.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I'm actually having a good morning. I have no idea what you're blathering about. you children need not take yourself too seriously . maybe get out and shoot some pool today and have a few beers.

Then I'd hate to see you having a bad day if this is one of your good ones lol

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Why am I having a bad day? Because I'm calling you and your idiot buddies on your bullshyt? Why would that mean to you that I'm having a bad day. Because I'm contrary to you? Being on the opposite side of your perspective tells me I'm having a good day. Not a bad one. Your reasoning is all fukked up. Makes no sense at all. Borders on Self importance to the max.