Supreme Court quashes Harper's tougher sentencing rules

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
They all do ... mingled into the BS to make it ALL sound true. Propaganda is like that. That's the problem with news media being owned by political interests. But it makes money for millionaires so who cares....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
They all do ... mingled into the BS to make it ALL sound true. Propaganda is like that. That's the problem with news media being owned by political interests. But it makes money for millionaires so who cares....

LOL!!

I listen to the CBC...........

And I listen to Sun occasionally on the Net.

Here is the odd thing.....Sun was the ONLY media outlet telling the truth about the anti-fracking protests in Rexton, NB....which I have some insider knowledge about.

Sun is the ONLY media outlet telling the truth about our Supreme Court, in this decision and in the decision on Harper's appointee.

Sorry if it shakes up your narrow view of the world, but it is always good to have, and to listen to an alternative voice.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
LOL!!

I listen to the CBC...........

And I listen to Sun occasionally on the Net.

Here is the odd thing.....Sun was the ONLY media outlet telling the truth about the anti-fracking protests in Rexton, NB....which I have some insider knowledge about.

Sun is the ONLY media outlet telling the truth about our Supreme Court, in this decision and in the decision on Harper's appointee.

Sorry if it shakes up your narrow view of the world, but it is always good to have, and to listen to an alternative voice.
You, who consider Israel to be the standard of the world, have very little wiggle room in defining the width of my world.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So you didn't listen then ?

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I don't watch TV news. I don't find that I miss anything important. Most of it is just filler anyways, by talking heads desperate to fill the sapce until the next commerical. Sun "News" is the biggest joke of them all. Ever read the comments section of a SUn News story? Two words: Full Retard. The only reason they get any profile at all is when Ezra takes one of his regular forays off the deep end.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I don't watch TV news. I don't find that I miss anything important. Most of it is just filler anyways, by talking heads desperate to fill the sapce until the next commerical. Sun "News" is the biggest joke of them all. Ever read the comments section of a SUn News story? Two words: Full Retard. The only reason they get any profile at all is when Ezra takes one of his regular forays off the deep end.
Ever read the comments on a CBC article ? You would think Steven Harper is the antichrist and Rob Ford is the devil incarnate .

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Are you talking about the Supreme Court or the CBC??

In either instance, I agree.

How do you get a liberal SCC when over half the members were appointed by a conservative PM? Doesn't say much for the intelligence of Harpo and his gang does it.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Great idea buddy but do you really think the union would allow it. What do you think the response would be if all the temporary summer jobs went to criminals instead of college students? I think a better use is to rent them out cheap to businesses that are struggling to stay afloat. Then it becomes a new revenue stream for the govt and cheap labor for someone who would go under if they had to pay a competitive wage. Win-win all around.

The Nanaimo corrections center has a contract to do brushing on the highways. I think mostly guys doing drunk driving and drug possession time working on them.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Great idea buddy but do you really think the union would allow it. What do you think the response would be if all the temporary summer jobs went to criminals instead of college students? I think a better use is to rent them out cheap to businesses that are struggling to stay afloat. Then it becomes a new revenue stream for the govt and cheap labor for someone who would go under if they had to pay a competitive wage. Win-win all around.

Maybe it's time the Union rethink some of their thinking! Is everyone who commits an offense a criminal? I think it's a bit of a two faced approach. Unions have been known to act like thugs occasionally.