Supersitions anyone?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Does anyone have any their willing to share?

Funnily enough, I don't. No lucky socks/underwear. Not about to avoid a black cat (for obvious reasons) and broken mirrors only mean a bloody horrid mess to clean up.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
None, really, though I have got a little 1 inch high, brass buddha - a gift from the missus - that I keep in my pocket. Being a bit of a dizzy fecker, I occassionally mislay it (ie put it in another pocket), and have to search around (semi)-frantically, like something bad would happen if I lost it.

I try to remind myself that Buddha would find that whole attachment concept hilarious, and with good reason, but that only seems to truly satisfy me once I've actually found it again.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
But is it attachement to the figurine or attachment to the gift given?

I have a little giraffe that was given to my grandmother by one of us kids when we were very small. When she passed I got it. I display it because it was hers, not because we worship giraffes (at least not that I'd admit to on this board. lol j/.k)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Being a bit of a dizzy fecker, I occassionally mislay it (ie put it in another pocket), and have to search around (semi)-frantically, like something bad would happen if I lost it.

something "bad" might very well happen.......IF the MISSUS found out... :wink:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Not at all, and yet if I spill salt, I toss a tiny bit over my left shoulder.... I don't believe in it, but do it anyway - is that weird or what?

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Re: RE: Supersitions anyone?

Reverend Blair said:
I avoid walking under ladders. That's more because of falling objects than a superstition though.

Being hit on the head with a falling tin of paint could be considered unlucky by some. No point tempting fate.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
No point tempting fate.

Hey, that's an oxymoron. Tempting fate.

But isn't that what supersitions all about, avoiding evil's by doing silly little things. Makes OCD seem completely needed.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Mine is four leaf clovers. I have dozens and dozens of them pressed in my books. Whenever I feel insecure, I go out and collect a bunch. Last week I came in from walking the dog with 14 of them.

I don't know if they're really lucky, or if my feelings of being lucky dictate what happens, but finding my four leaf clovers always seems to bring good luck. I figure if it makes me feel good and it's not something addictive like cocaine, it should be okay. ;)