Students suspended from Canadian high school for refusing to wear rainbow poppy

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You want a racially and sexually discriminatory

I'm planning on voting for the Conservatives, who currently constitute the most ethnically diverse Government and who are the only party to have had female PMs.

If I were a fascist, I'd vote for the Labour Party.

hyper-nationalist government, economy, and culture and don't give a damn how it's achieved.
That's pretty much the definition.

If that's the definition of fascism, then the Scottish Government is fascist.

The American Founding Fathers were fascists.

And so was Gandhi.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm planning on voting for the Conservatives, who currently constitute the most ethnically diverse Government and who are the only party to have had female PMs.
If that's the definition of fascism, then the Scottish Government is fascist.
Ah, whataboutery. Yep, that's about your intellectual speed.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Ah, whataboutery. Yep, that's about your intellectual speed.

At least I've got an intellectual capability.

Citing "whataboutery" is a hypocritical stance.

Scotland right now has a devolved nationalist government. According to your definition of fascism, Scotland is run by fascists and anyone proposing Scottish independence is a fascist.

That's what you're saying, isn't it?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's both mildly amusing and kinda sad that you actually believe that.

Well you said that the British Government is fascist because it supports British independence from the EU.

So you believe independence, sovereignty and nationhood are fascist endeavours.

This means you believe Scottish nationalists, those who fought for American independence and Gandhi are, or were, fascists.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
No I didn't. I said you are a fascist. By that I meant you personally.
You aren't the British government, your fantasies notwithstanding.

Right, we're getting somewhere.

You said I'm a fascist because I want a nationalist government.

I've pointed out that if wanting a nationalist government makes one a fascist then those Americans wanting independence were fascists, any Scot who voted for their nationalist government is fascist and all those who supported Indian independence were fascists. That's if your definition of fascism is correct.

On the other hand, I believe that being a nationalist does NOT make one a fascist.

Are you right or am I?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Right, we're getting somewhere.
Not really, but if it makes you feel better to believe that, have at it.
You said I'm a fascist because I want a nationalist government.
No I didn't, but if it makes you feel better to believe that, have at it.

I've pointed out that if wanting a nationalist government makes one a fascist then those Americans wanting independence were fascists, any Scot who voted for their nationalist government is fascist and all those who supported Indian independence were fascists. That's if your definition of fascism is correct.
That's not correct, but if it makes you feel better to believe that, have at it.

On the other hand, I believe that being a nationalist does NOT make one a fascist.
Not by itself, anymore than having a head, by itself, makes you a human being. Takes other things too. And you want all of them as well.

Are you right or am I?
I am, any time the question comes up.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
How anyone can argue the opposite when the evidence to the contrary is right here in black type.