Still have lots of turkey left?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We froze a breast and a whole leg. . I separated the meat from the rest of the turkey and all the bones are simmering
on the stove. I generally simmer the bones for the better part of a day and then I remove the bones and fat and reduce all the
stock down to a cup or so and pour it into ice cube trays and let it set. The reduced stock sets into firm gelled cubes that can
be used to add some life to soups or sauces. We'll probably get a turkey curry out of what is left of the meat.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Better make some for me...but not ones made by Leviathans!;)

i'll never look at turduckens the same way again. ;)

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I have lots of turkey left and I'm planning on making soup with it. I basically simmer a huge pot with the leftover carcass, debone, and then freeze the meaty broth in single-serving size containers. Then when I want soup, I just add fresh celery and carrots. So good you guys!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I have lots of turkey left and I'm planning on making soup with it. I basically simmer a huge pot with the leftover carcass, debone, and then freeze the meaty broth in single-serving size containers. Then when I want soup, I just add fresh celery and carrots. So good you guys!

You can freeze everything except for the starch (noodles, rice, etc). Fresh veggies are good, no doubt, but it makes for a much quicker meal if you freeze everything then just add some noodles.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The damned turkey is gone. Yaaaaayyyyy. I've taken out a couple racks of back ribs. for dinner tonight.
Can't wait...:roll::lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The damned turkey is gone. Yaaaaayyyyy. I've taken out a couple racks of back ribs. for dinner tonight.

I have some left (besides one or two who keep reappearing in the forum) :lol:

I have a couple of bags frozen for soup later on. I get quite a bit of "mileage" out of a 14 lb. turkey!