Stephen Harper waging phony jihad on the niqab

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I don't think a piece of clothing has gotten this much press since maybe the bikini. When is Harpler going to do something about the potholes?
Ummm, that's not a federal responsibility.
Snow removal equipment?
Neither is that
How about some jobs.
What about 'em? Provinces are equally responsible for attracting jobs.
The front in Syria will help with unemploment perhaps.
Uhhhhhh, no.
Where is the eastern pipeline?
Yeah, because something like that can just be thrown up without any planning or anything.
He's spending time dressing women for **** sake!
Maybe he's playing Polish strip poker.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

well said.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

well said.

No more Halloween for the little harperites!

That was the most lol-worthy line of the night.

He got his *** handed to him by Mulcair who told him to attack the oppressor not the woman.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
everytime the facts trump agenda
ah the joo hater thing
grow up
in politics all religion is special interest anti democracy
""Anti-semitic, its a trick we always use it"
A quote from an ISRAELI CABINET MEMBER
if the url doesn't show google "its a trick we always use it" to see the minister say it straight to you
right from the horses mouth

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

well said.

It appears to me that Harper's logic is that we must prohibit women from doing anything that we do not require them to do. In other words, he must prohibit his daughter from doing anything he does not require her to do, choice not being an option.

I will never tell my daughter that a woman must eat meat. That's not my Canada.

The question then is, must it necessarily follow from this that we should prohibit women from consuming meat? It would seem so according to Harper's logic unless he believes that we should force women to eat meat, choice again not being an option.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yes, Canadians aren't voting based on the niqab. That's why we're still in a dead heat.

The voting will be (for most) based on a basket of issues. The more that a candidate brings out a hot button issue, the more it will influence the electorate

The real question here for Mulcair and Justine on this issue is; exactly what do women think if the issue.

As it stands, the electioneering and posturing by Trudeau and Mulcair (to a degree) may just cost them partial support of a key demographic

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
It appears to me that Harper's logic is that we must prohibit women from doing anything that we do not require them to do. In other words, he must prohibit his daughter from doing anything he does not require her to do, choice not being an option.

The question then is, must it necessarily follow from this that we should prohibit women from consuming meat? It would seem so according to Harper's logic unless he believes that we should force women to eat meat, choice again not being an option.

Yes, he's using one required behavior as a sleazy allusion to convince people on something else which should be a choice.

It's conbot logic.

It doesn't have to make sense.

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Yes, he's using one required behavior as a sleazy allusion to convince people on something else which should be a choice.

It's conbot logic.

It doesn't have to make sense.

Actually, it's disconcerting. If he prohibits his daughter from doing anything he does not force her to do, to take all freedom of choice away from her is not emotionally healthy and could constitute emotional abuse. Did he just admit to emotionally abusing his daughter on national television? Can we trust a man like that to defend women's basic freedoms?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Actually, it's disconcerting. If he prohibits his daughter from doing anything he does not force her to do, to take all freedom of choice away from her is not emotionally healthy and could constitute emotional abuse. Did he just admit to emotionally abusing his daughter on national television? Can we trust a man like that to defend women's basic freedoms?

Get over yourself already

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

To be honest I think Daddy Harper wanted us all to feel like we're his daughter when he said: 'My Canada'

Canada belongs to him you see.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Sorry, totally wrong.

Stating that you will not require something is completely different from saying you will prohibit it.

The difference is called freedom. Usually well-thought-of in Western societies.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Sorry, totally wrong.

Stating that you will not require something is completely different from saying you will prohibit it.

The difference is called freedom. Usually well-thought-of in Western societies.

But it's clear from the context of his comment that his intent was that we should prohibit all women from doing anything he does not require his daughter to do.