Stats Can Gun Facts.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Here's what our gun owners have to do to keep their weapons: buy a few politicians and make sure they do what they want them to do, then buy a few more. The NRA does a great job in the USA of insuring owners keep their guns and it has backed a number of pols.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Our gun laws are ridiculous!

Our politicians are just grand standing on peoples paranoia and we're all losing our rights in the process!

We don't have a gun problem in Canada; we have a gang problem.

Our current gun laws are not ridiculous.

No one has banned anything yet and it won't happen either so quit being paranoid.

We do have a gun problem just not guns that are owned by gun owners, the ones pouring over the border from gun happy America are a problem.

.....and yes, we definatly have gang problems.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC

You're right but that was the strongest word I could think of.

No one has banned anything yet and it won't happen either so quit being paranoid.

Enough rights have been taken away now I don't think it is even slightly paranoid - I think your being naive.

We do have a gun problem just not guns that are owned by gun owners, the ones pouring over the border from gun happy America are a problem.

Gee... do you own any of those guns? I certainly don't and I don't know anyone who does but then that's because I don't hang out with criminals and gangbangers. Which leads me, logicaly, to think the problem is with the gangbangers and criminals not normal people like you and I.

And I have a news flash for you: any new laws are only going to effect you and me, the gangbangers and criminals aren't going to give a rats ass what new dinglebarry law Ottawa passes next.

I'm glad we can agree on something.

But let me ask you: do you sleep at night better knowing the gangsters are armed better than you? That if they invade your home you won't be able to protect yourself? That if you do, somehow, manage to get to the phone and dial 911 the police will arrive in 10-15 min and by then you'll be dead?

Is it that you really don't trust yourself with a gun? You think you'll kill a bunch of people - go postal?

How can you trust a 20 something kid that's only had 4 months of police school (that's what it is in BC) and thinks a tazar is a toy, more than yourself?

I understand where your coming from but I can't figure out how you got there... :-?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

1. Yeah. Our gun laws are ridiculous. For instance, at one point I had to hold six permits to carry/transport.....SIX! Not only are they ridiculous, they are an infringement on our constitutional rights.

2. Nothing banned yet? That's a surprize, as I already lost a firearm to a ban, I know a guy that lost a K38 Target in .32 caliber (a serious collector's piece), and another that lost a $2500 rifle to a gun ban..........I'm glad it was all a figment of our imagination. Thousands of Canadians have had weapons that they bought and held perfectly legally seized without compensation at the whim of our gov't.

3. Guns are inanimate objects......they don't kill by themselves. They can not be a problem by themselves. Criminals are the problem.

There is NO WAY you can show a connection between murder rates and the legal availability of guns.......because none exists.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
1. Yeah. Our gun laws are ridiculous. For instance, at one point I had to hold six permits to carry/transport.....SIX! Not only are they ridiculous, they are an infringement on our constitutional rights.

2. Nothing banned yet? That's a surprize, as I already lost a firearm to a ban, I know a guy that lost a K38 Target in .32 caliber (a serious collector's piece), and another that lost a $2500 rifle to a gun ban..........I'm glad it was all a figment of our imagination. Thousands of Canadians have had weapons that they bought and held perfectly legally seized without compensation at the whim of our gov't.

3. Guns are inanimate objects......they don't kill by themselves. They can not be a problem by themselves. Criminals are the problem.

There is NO WAY you can show a connection between murder rates and the legal availability of guns.......because none exists.

Oh boo hoo, I own two hand guns and I don't find any law we have ridiculous.

I know a few gun owners and none have had any taken away.

I never said guns are a problem all by themselves but easy illegal access to them dosen't help, but as I said before the ones that pull the trigger are the bigger problem.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Oh boo hoo, I own two hand guns and I don't find any law we have ridiculous.

I know a few gun owners and none have had any taken away.

I never said guns are a problem all by themselves but easy illegal access to them dosen't help, but as I said before the ones that pull the trigger are the bigger problem.

So, you agree that because I own more than 10 guns, I should surrender my right to be free from unreasonable search, as is laid out in the Firearms Act? I should be considered guilty until proven innocent?

If you own two handguns, I hope you belong to a shooting club, and use them regularly, or you will have them seized eventually without compensation.

The fact that you don't know anybody that has had guns seized does not make it irrelevant, nor non-existent. Give it time.....in fact Vote Liberal, NDP, BQ or Green, and you will see YOUR guns seized.

Easy access to guns makes no difference.....there already is easy access to illegal guns.
AND you simply can not prove that easy access increases murder rates.......because there is no connection. See Switzerland, Israel, and US states of the north-west.

In fact, a year ago I did an in depth comparison of murder rates in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta.....as compared to the US states right across the border...... Montana, Minnesota, and North Dakota........guess what? The murder rates in the USA were LOWER than those in the Canadian provinces...........and the trend showed the US rates were falling! The US states used have practically no controls, no licensing, no registration, no restriction on "assault" rifles or magazine capacity, and all allow citizens to carry handguns concealed with a minimum of training.........

Gun control is the biggest gov't con of all........

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
So, you agree that because I own more than 10 guns, I should surrender my right to be free from unreasonable search, as is laid out in the Firearms Act? I should be considered guilty until proven innocent?

If you own two handguns, I hope you belong to a shooting club, and use them regularly, or you will have them seized eventually without compensation.

The fact that you don't know anybody that has had guns seized does not make it irrelevant, nor non-existent. Give it time.....in fact Vote Liberal, NDP, BQ or Green, and you will see YOUR guns seized.

Easy access to guns makes no difference.....there already is easy access to illegal guns.
AND you simply can not prove that easy access increases murder rates.......because there is no connection. See Switzerland, Israel, and US states of the north-west.

In fact, a year ago I did an in depth comparison of murder rates in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta.....as compared to the US states right across the border...... Montana, Minnesota, and North Dakota........guess what? The murder rates in the USA were LOWER than those in the Canadian provinces...........and the trend showed the US rates were falling! The US states used have practically no controls, no licensing, no registration, no restriction on "assault" rifles or magazine capacity, and all allow citizens to carry handguns concealed with a minimum of training.........

Gun control is the biggest gov't con of all........

Yes.

Yes I do.

Drop the fear mongering and I voted Green the last election and I might again.

If there were no guns at all no one would be killed by one.....fact.

I'd like to see your research, I did a quick look and it dosen't slide your way.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yes.

Yes I do.

Drop the fear mongering and I voted Green the last election and I might again.

If there were no guns at all no one would be killed by one.....fact.

I'd like to see your research, I did a quick look and it dosen't slide your way.

Well, so much for civil rights.

Amazing how the left things civil rights should only apply to some people: those being the politically correct.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
EXCUSE ME????

You're the one crying foul for Poor Israel? There's a word for that in my Webster's, Colp!

Woof!

Israel is a democracy, that exists under rule of law.........Israeli Arabs have proportional representation in the Knesset......tell me, how many Arabs in Arab states can claim to have representation in a powerful, elected Parliament?

that would be one reason I support Israel.......

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Arabs - aka Palestinians - have absolutely NO civil rights in Israel and you proudly lean to the right. Maybe it would be best to stay out of left-right issues?

Woof!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Arabs - aka Palestinians - have absolutely NO civil rights in Israel and you proudly lean to the right. Maybe it would be best to stay out of left-right issues?

Woof!

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths/mf18.html

A biased source, admitedly......but disprove any of their claims....Israeli Arab MPs, Israeli Arab cabinet ministers..........Arabs in high-ranking jobs in Israel's gov't..........

All true, despite the fact their situation is not quite as rosy as this site makes it appear........

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Very much like reading an election pamphlet or a dateline profile.

Civil rights begin when a person can leave his house unattended without fear of it being taken as unoccupied, can drive, ride or walk - unmolested, unsearched or otherwise unhindered - to a job that does not base employment on surname. I'm afraid that is NOT Israel. Granted, of all of them, Israel may seem the least evil. She is far from innocent.

My apologies for swerving off topic.

Woof!

Last edited:

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Colpy

"Rule of Law"????????

"Rule of Law?????????????????????????????

Aren't you the guy who said that international law was bogus and ought to be ignored?

This makes you either a liar or a Conservative......

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Our gun laws are ridiculous!

Our politicians are just grand standing on peoples paranoia and we're all losing our rights in the process!

We don't have a gun problem in Canada; we have a gang problem.

Our biggest baddest most despicable gang is called the Conservatives, you must have seen them they strut arround Ottawaha in shinny suits and expensive haircuts harrasing people with thier briefcases and ganging up on old people.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Colpy

"Rule of Law"????????

"Rule of Law?????????????????????????????

Aren't you the guy who said that international law was bogus and ought to be ignored?

This makes you either a liar or a Conservative......

A Conservative, actually........

TW, I was speaking of laws passed by an elected Parliament, and subject to review by a Supreme Court limited by the parameters of a liberal Constitution.....

You know, a modern western democracy.

That's what Israel is......surrounded by medieval loonies. It is like a bright, shining star, an island of hope surrounded by Mordor.............

(That oughta get'en going :))

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Colpy

Nice to see you haven't lost your sense of humor...

By the way I once had a yacht named Shadowfax..... Know where that name come from..?
:)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Colpy

Nice to see you haven't lost your sense of humor...

By the way I once had a yacht named Shadowfax..... Know where that name come from..?
:)

The fastest horse in Middle Earth, given to Gandolph....

I confess, I had to Google........I knew it rang a bell, but.....

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
A Conservative, actually........

TW, I was speaking of laws passed by an elected Parliament, and subject to review by a Supreme Court limited by the parameters of a liberal Constitution.....

You know, a modern western democracy.

That's what Israel is......surrounded by medieval loonies. It is like a bright, shining star, an island of hope surrounded by Mordor.............

(That oughta get'en going :))

An island.....
Hmm.... Where have I heard that before?

Woof!