Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Judland

Electoral Member
Re: RE: 'Star Wars' Premiere Sparks Debate

Frappuccino Dibs said:
Why can't people just watch a film and enjoy it instead of analysing it and looking for sub plots between the lines?

Wouldn't it be nice if people actually wanted to be happy?

I do watch and enjoy Star Wars for its entertainment value. However, it is also interesting how the story parallels things happening in our own world and time. And isn't being able to relate to people in a story one of the ways we can really enjoy it? I mean, what's the point of reading or watching a story about people (or in this case, beings) you cannot relate to in some fashion?

I was 10 when I first saw Star Wars in '77, and through the trilogy I learnt some important lessons by watching those movies.

By the way, Revenge of the Sith is wonderful!

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
NEWS FLASH!!!!
Religous Group claims latest Star Wars film "anti-Religious and anti-Bush". The newly formed Church of Kill a Commie for Christ claims that playing the Latest Star Wars movie Revenge of the Sith backwards reveals a hidden message against Christianity, Jesus and George W. Bush.
more to follow...

Gordon J Torture

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
Well I just got back from watching Star Wars:Revenge of the Sith.

I felt like I was 12 all over again, you hear that Jay? I was TWELVE in 1977

lucky you, I would have loved to see the first two movies in the theatre. My Dad took me to see Return of the Jedi when I was 5, and I still remember that day. I would have been shitting myself and screaming had I went to the two preceeding movies. Not that I don't do that now.

I am going to take my 6 year old daughter to revenge. She hasn't watched all the old movies yet, but that may actually make it even better since these are prequels.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
"Sith" Fans Maimed in Lightsaber Mishap
By Charlie Amter

The Force--let alone common sense--was definitely not with them.

Two British Star Wars fans sustained critical injuries after constructing their own lightsabers from fluorescent light tubes filled with liquid fuel.

According to British media reports, a 20-year-old man and his 17-year-old female friend were filming a mock duel in homage to Star Wars: Episode III--Revenge of the Sith, the latest chapter of George Lucas' record-breaking franchise.

The duo were reportedly emulating one of Sith's key battles, a lightsaber clash between Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi and Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker.

The two Brits suffered severe burns when their homemade sabers exploded. The two had been videotaping their clash. They have been hospitalized at Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire since the accident Sunday.

Aside from fiery accidents, the Sith craze is being blamed on a string of robberies. In separate incidents in Illinois and Florida, dark side-inspired crooks wearing Darth Vader helmets are being sought by police on assault and robbery charges.

Meanwhile, in other Sith-related news, federal authorities have shut down online file-sharing network Elite Torrents. The network had Star Wars: Episode III--Revenge of the Sith available as a download hours before the film even bowed in U.S. theaters on May 19. Officials for the Justice Department and Department of Homeland Security said users of the site had downloaded Sith more than 10,000 times in its first 24 hours of availibility.

Still, the online leak hasn't hurt Sith's bottom line, as the film broke all kinds of box-office records, including a Chewbacca-size $50 million on its first day of release.

All told, the film has raked in nearly $183 million domestically, per BoxOfficeMojo.com, with the lucrative Memorial Day weekend looming.

Judland

Electoral Member
I think not said:
"Sith" Fans Maimed in Lightsaber Mishap
By Charlie Amter

The Force--let alone common sense--was definitely not with them.

Two British Star Wars fans sustained critical injuries after constructing their own lightsabers from fluorescent light tubes filled with liquid fuel.

According to British media reports, a 20-year-old man and his 17-year-old female friend were filming a mock duel in homage to Star Wars: Episode III--Revenge of the Sith, the latest chapter of George Lucas' record-breaking franchise.

Well, there's no doubt, there are idots living in every corner of the globe.