Stalking

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Or restrict handguns as much as possible and end gun crimes... like in Jane and Finch...
Handguns are restricted in Canada. It's quite difficult to acquire one legally. Eliminating firearms will not eliminate firearm crime. Ban the citizens from having firearms and only the criminals will have them. Besides that you'd be making farmers, ranchers, target shooters, etc. criminals because to the mentioned types of citizens, firearms are tools, not weapons and there a quite a few who would not give their firearms up.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
If everyone was allowed handguns, there would be many domestic deaths, whether by accident
by children, or by violence. There would many deaths by people with guns, who use them in
a panic, or just, who can shoot first, like the old west, as, if the criminal knows the victim has a
gun, the actual use of the guns would rise considerably, whereas, if it's only the criminal with the
gun, it might just be used as a warning, and not fired. Ridiculous, just look at the stats which
give the UK figures then the U.S. figures, the U.S. is in big trouble because of their stupid gun laws, easy to know what's best. Two wrongs don't make
a right.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
If everyone was allowed handguns, there would be many domestic deaths, whether by accident
by children, or by violence. There would many deaths by people with guns, who use them in
a panic, or just, who can shoot first, like the old west, as, if the criminal knows the victim has a
gun, the actual use of the guns would rise considerably, whereas, if it's only the criminal with the
gun, it might just be used as a warning, and not fired. Ridiculous, just look at the stats which
give the UK figures then the U.S. figures, the U.S. is in big trouble because of their stupid gun laws, easy to know what's best. Two wrongs don't make
a right.

It looks like your right:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita
http://www.guncontrol.ca/Content/Cda-US.htm

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I may have picked one up. Don't wanna go into any detail because if I haven't picked one up I don't want to risk offending the critter any further than it thinks I have now.

I can't believe you'd think I'm stalking you. Sure, I call your house and hang up five times a night. Sure, I've been PM'ing everyone on cancon to tell them I'm pregnant with your child. But I'd hardly call that STALKING. Sheesh.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I can't believe you'd think I'm stalking you. Sure, I call your house and hang up five times a night. Sure, I've been PM'ing everyone on cancon to tell them I'm pregnant with your child. But I'd hardly call that STALKING. Sheesh.
Everyday I see you getting closer to the darkside Karrie.:roll:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well ElBarto, if you believe what some say on here about the athiests, falling so head over heels in love with Gilbert would be like courting the devil, so I can see where the darkside would come in. lol.

And sanctus, you've got it so right... innocent fun! There's nothing wrong with hiding in the bushes outside of Gilbert's house, taking pictures of his living room window. It's all just for hoots and giggles! If he wants to delude himself into believing that me joining cancon after months of watching him, sorting through his garbage to find out who his internet is through, and finally hacking his ISP, is really stalking, well, then who's the crazy one!? Huh!? Huh!?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
In all seriousness Gilbert, I hope you get it sorted out. I've been cyber harassed before, and it is not fun.

kashmyre

Jun 10, 2006
Unless you have been in the situation of being stalked there is no way to describe the fear and anxiety that it produces. I was stalked by an ex for a couple of years. Even now thinking about it causes the old fight or flight response. This guy was arrested on my parents front lawn at gunpoint for cryin' out loud (nope, didn't stop him). And now, almost 20 years later, a friend tells me he STILL knows where I am! 8O (and I have since moved 140k away.) Now that is scary.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Unless you have been in the situation of being stalked there is no way to describe the fear and anxiety that it produces. I was stalked by an ex for a couple of years. Even now thinking about it causes the old fight or flight response. This guy was arrested on my parents front lawn at gunpoint for cryin' out loud (nope, didn't stop him). And now, almost 20 years later, a friend tells me he STILL knows where I am! 8O (and I have since moved 140k away.) Now that is scary.

For us old folk, might I request that you use larger fonts in your messages?

I find it very difficult to read your posts because of how small the font is:)

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
a right.
Quite right. If the powers that be would actually use their brains and enforce the existing laws concerning firearms, there would not be so much discussion about firearms and the shiploads of money spent on the subject could have gone somewhere else.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Well ElBarto, if you believe what some say on here about the athiests, falling so head over heels in love with Gilbert would be like courting the devil, so I can see where the darkside would come in. lol.
That's me alright, Lord Foul hisself. :D

And sanctus, you've got it so right... innocent fun! There's nothing wrong with hiding in the bushes outside of Gilbert's house, taking pictures of his living room window. It's all just for hoots and giggles! If he wants to delude himself into believing that me joining cancon after months of watching him, sorting through his garbage to find out who his internet is through, and finally hacking his ISP, is really stalking, well, then who's the crazy one!? Huh!? Huh!?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
In all seriousness Gilbert, I hope you get it sorted out. I've been cyber harassed before, and it is not fun.
Just call me Alfred: "What? Me worry?" - Alfred E Neuman. ;)
I'm not sure at this point. Maybe I could beat the critter to the punch and start my own rumors about me. :D
It's been said before (a few decades ago) that I died. Shocked the hell outta the fella that saw me as a ghost. :D

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I know! Give everyone handguns that would cut back on stalkers and school shootings would be over in a snap.:roll:

No. I think school shootings would skyrocket, and remember, potential stalkers would have guns as well. This guy Cho in Virginia probably wouldn't have passed a psychiatric exam which could have been used to prevent his buying a gun as well.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Speak up, can't hear you. ;) Either that or I need bigger eyes to see that.

kashmyre

Jun 10, 2006
Speak up, can't hear you. ;) Either that or I need bigger eyes to see that.

:oops: Sorry! I made it bigger. Didn't show up that small on my screen. Sanctus already pointed it out on another thread so now I know better. Won't happen again...

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
No. I think school shootings would skyrocket, and remember, potential stalkers would have guns as well. This guy Cho in Virginia probably wouldn't have passed a psychiatric exam which could have been used to prevent his buying a gun as well.

Sorry should have used purple. The avalibility of guns may or may not have changed the outcome here but it does effect crime overall. For instance the number of murders in Chicago is only a little less than the entire of Canada.8O