Soviet Man and Canadian Man

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I can imagine...
You should have heard what a couple of mounties that used to target shoot with me when that change came about had to say about it.......very politicaly incorrect:lol:
I'm sure they sounded just like my Dad. I can honestly say I had never heard him be so bigoted, before, nor after.

Now he just cringes, I think that's because he is actually biting his tongue, lol.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The bulk of what you listed, are specific Forces, whose traditional head gear is the turban.

The Mouties have a traditional head gear, the Stetson.
Last I checked the Stetson is an American icon from Missouri. The Stetson is only part of a traditional dress uniform and not day to day garb.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
I wonder what we will make of it if we have Canadian Army soldiers in Turbans fighting Pakistani soldiers in Turbans...

Sounds similiar to Ancient Rome using Barbarian Mercenaries against Barbarians and last I heard that didn't go so well... something along the lines of the Barbarian Roman Soldiers refusing to fight the invading Barbarians.

Last edited:

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Perhaps but war never changes.

How come we don't see the Canadian army pushing out to recruit more visible minorities? Canadian Army is 98% White.

I wonder why? Maybe it's because we live in this "Wikileaks" era in which a Chinese servicemen in our intelligence agencies could forward all our dossiers to a party functionary in the people's republic of China?

Our visible minorities have no connection to Canada other than the residence rights, citizenship and passports we hand out like free candy. It's not like the United States; in which, Afro-Americans have lived in that country since before independence. Or vice versa, with the Aborgines and Polynesians in Australia and New Zealand.

This "radical change" in Canadian society is happening far too quick for it to even work in the long run.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So tell me what is in store for Americans as the Mid-East oil stops flowing and oil hits $200 a barrel and $10 a gallon and the economy tanks completely? Everyone is going to be all lovey dovey and hug each other and car pool to pass out resumes that will end up in the dumpster? Or are families going to come where the work is and put some food in their bellies?

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Nothing.
They already pay $10 a gallon in Turkey and $8 in Britain.

Real change would be once we start paying $20, $30, $40 or $50 for a gallon.
Even then, most people in the cities tend to avoid the crunch in society. It would be rural communities that would be affected and shut down long before the easy urban living and security nets come to a screeching halt.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What does $20, $30, $40 or $50 for a gallon do to the price of food? Why would it bother the rural people where all the food is?

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Not all rural communities produce food or all kinds of foods and than there are rural communities that need things like fuel, water treatment chemicals; et al.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Not all rural communities produce food or all kinds of foods and than there are rural communities that need things like fuel, water treatment chemicals; et al.

My food bill is $700 per month and much of it I could grow myself or get locally if I was so inclined. My fuel bill is $200. As somebody that has lived in both urban and rural settings I can say that $200/barrel oil would be far harder to deal with in an urban environment. My water and sewer bills are half of what they are in the nearest city.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Food has already started to skyrocket. The small things have doubled and tripled in the past year. It takes a ****load of deisel to grow and move food around. What do think the 25% increase in fuel cost over the past three months will do to the price of food in the very very near future?

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Worse case scenario,
I return to the family's wheat farm in the interior. I don't see things ever becoming that bad because the "powers that be" will always care about the cities before the rurals.

As otherwise was the case in 1930s Soviet Union - the cities full of food and not a crumb to be found in the countryside.