Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
...maybe best to get a fire permit too - if the damned snow's gone by then

here ya go, try to behave

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Dunno if I should feel honoured that the world celebrates it ... or just ripped off for a birthday. Hell.... I've had lots

Nah! Sharing a birthday with Christmas is a rip off, cuz then people feel justified in getting you a 'combo gift'.

party at your house.

Oh yeah, day and night. ;)

What kind of wine do you like?
Um, all of them.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Turning all my lights on, making a pizza, toast, coffee, popcorn, having all my TV's on so no matter what room I'm in I can watch it, starting my car so if I need to go out it's warmed up.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Never a bad idea to drain the hot water tank every so often when it's really cold outside... Make sure that the pipes don't freeze.

I'm guessing that you as an HVAC guy would support this

I support draining and flushing the HW tank once a year for maintenance. It can be done at any time since it has nothing to do with whether or not ones pipes freeze. Not flushing your tank will not cause your pipes to freeze.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Go out to the garden (if the snow is gone), dig a bowl of earth. Make sure no worms are injured. Take the earth inside. Put it on the little table in the living room. Stare at the bowl of earth. All day .

WTF could be more appropriate ?

Come over and help me look at my earth. I can get booze.

Literally LOL'ing...alone...in my den...

Dunno if I should feel honoured that the world celebrates it ... or just ripped off for a birthday. Hell.... I've had lots

perception is everything

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Why take that chance?!? Straight from the bottle I say! ;)

I will turn on some extra electrical appliances to honour the day.

I support draining and flushing the HW tank once a year for maintenance. It can be done at any time since it has nothing to do with whether or not ones pipes freeze. Not flushing your tank will not cause your pipes to freeze.

Been having an issue with the pipes at my place in Canmore (rights after the 2 week cold spell)... Pipes in the house are fine, but somewhere in the yard is the issue (according to the plumber that came to deal with it).. The recommendation was to empty the tank DAILY.

I think it might have to do with roots buggering the main in the yard

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Been having an issue with the pipes at my place in Canmore (rights after the 2 week cold spell)... Pipes in the house are fine, but somewhere in the yard is the issue (according to the plumber that came to deal with it).. The recommendation was to empty the tank DAILY.

I think it might have to do with roots buggering the main in the yard

well, that is so vague that it almost makes no sense, so I really can't comment on that.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Maybe someone will test fire a device just for good measure. Nuclear troll.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Naaah When I turn things off...... It's to save money not the planet......you must have heard the term "You're just a drop in the bucket?"

I don't turn things off...I turn them on.;)

Helllllo beautiful CC ladies!;)