So, tell us what you REALLY think about MICHAEL

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
I think from what I have seen that Michael Moore has been innovative, paparazzi like but has had a lot of facts within his agenda driven movies..

Yes he is bias but who isn't in Hollywood..

Simply put he gets the job done and certainly can grab your attention. What he does do is either make you a fan or a hater of his productions..

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I think of Michael as a tragic figure, a conflicted and tormented soul. I also think he was a brilliant and charismatic artist. But like many geniuses, or succesful geniuses anyway, his success was his own worst enemy. He developed a personna that he couldn't separate from the adulation of his fans, surrounded himself with enablers, a died from misadventure, completey isolated from those who really loved him, and from reality. It's a sad case, and one we have seen again and again, at the various levels of celebrity. In Michael's case, likely only Elvis was in the same league.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I think of Michael as a tragic figure, a conflicted and tormented soul. I also think he was a brilliant and charismatic artist. But like many geniuses, or succesful geniuses anyway, his success was his own worst enemy. He developed a personna that he couldn't separate from the adulation of his fans, surrounded himself with enablers, a died from misadventure, completey isolated from those who really loved him, and from reality. It's a sad case, and one we have seen again and again, at the various levels of celebrity. In Michael's case, likely only Elvis was in the same league.

Eh tu Brutus? You have the wrong Michael, not Jackson but Moore.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Eh tu Brutus? You have the wrong Michael, not Jackson but Moore.

Oh.. well who would have guessed.. i've heard Michael, Michael, Michael.. so often in the last week guess i'm just responding on reflex.

Michael Moore.. he's a turkey. For all Michael Jackson's foibles.. atleast he's interesting.:reindeer:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think from what I have seen that Michael Moore has been innovative, paparazzi like but has had a lot of facts within his agenda driven movies..

Yes he is bias but who isn't in Hollywood..

Simply put he gets the job done and certainly can grab your attention. What he does do is either make you a fan or a hater of his productions..

Probably- I would never accuse him of lying but unless a guy like that is giving you the whole truth it's a waste of time paying any attention to him.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Probably- I would never accuse him of lying but unless a guy like that is giving you the whole truth it's a waste of time paying any attention to him.

Well JLM, if your going to wait for Hollywood to give you an unbias view of anything, you will never watch a show or movie.. Sadly enough everyone has their slant on things. Some just disguise it better the others..

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well JLM, if your going to wait for Hollywood to give you an unbias view of anything, you will never watch a show or movie.. Sadly enough everyone has their slant on things. Some just disguise it better the others..

Depends on whether it's information or entertainment I'm looking for? With Moore it would have to be entertainment.