Smoking in sight of young people criminal offense

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah, let's go totally nanny state.
JLM, are you losing it?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: - maybe this is just the antithesis to a couple whos many rants about the cigar smoking girls after a hockey game.....................sometimes the ridiculousness of something can be driven home by suggesting something else almost as ridiculous. If I could have posted something equally as ridiculous I would have...........................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
I am actually going to be serious here for a moment....in a (futile) attempt to point out to the statist, health Nazi, anti-smoking control freaks how completely over the edge they are.....

My Mom lives in a nursing home, a quite attractive place that sits on a bit of a hill. She has never smoked a cigarette in her life. Now, you're all familiar with nursing homes, the last stop.......full of people in their 80s and 90s.....

Now, some of these folks smoke. Some of them have smoked for 70 years (or more).......and quitting at the age of 85 is hardly going to length their lifespan......now:

These poor unfortunates are, of course NOT allowed by LAW to smoke inside the residence, despite the fact it is their HOME........so, if they want to engage in their past time....and who are we to tell them they can not?......they must go and sit outside, rain or shine, summer or winter, storm or calm......an insult to them, IMHO....an affront to their age, totally disrespectful.....

But it gets worse.

When you approached the home, you often saw a small group, sitting in their wheelchairs, gathered together outside the only entrance easily available to them.....smoking and chatting among themselves.

THE HORROR!

Recently posted : government signs which warn of dire consequence if anyone should be caught smoking within 25 meters of the entrance to any public building.......25 meters!!!!!

And this on the top of a hill! I can only imagine the result of several of these poor old buggers pushing their wheelchairs over the crest in an attempt to get far enough away that it would be acceptable to the bloody bureaucrats.........to say nothing of their attempts to return!!

Idiotic.

I want ten minutes in a back alley with the bureaucratic arsehole that actually posted the signs....just him and me....with a Louisville Slugger Attitude Adjustment Device......

Colpy - I know where you're coming from. In our headlong rush to protect the rights of so many people, falling all over ourselves to make sure we don't utter the "wrong" word that might offend someone, here's a pretty good example of where we've shown a complete disregard for our elders. And that goes against my values. Jeez, has no one ever heard of a little "compromise?"

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Have you seen any recent pictures of Keith Richards? In most he has a cig hanging out of his mouth, lol.

Oh, oh...he's going to lead a whole bunch of people over the age of 40 into a life of depravity by doing that. (He is over 40, isn't he?) :lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Colpy - I know where you're coming from. In our headlong rush to protect the rights of so many people, falling all over ourselves to make sure we don't utter the "wrong" word that might offend someone, here's a pretty good example of where we've shown a complete disregard for our elders. And that goes against my values. Jeez, has no one ever heard of a little "compromise?"

Compromise don't work too good in a me first society.............:smile:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
What a load of, well, you get the message. These are proposed laws that don't make
sense and there is no way to enforce them anyway. We need to spend money in the
right areas and laws like these are a waste of resources.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Wait! I know what it is...When Trudeau invented the "Just Society", some a$$hole came along and added the word "me" between "Just" and "Society." I'm sure that's what happened. So, it's a "Just Me Society."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Wait! I know what it is...When Trudeau invented the "Just Society", some a$$hole came along and added the word "me" between "Just" and "Society." I'm sure that's what happened. So, it's a "Just Me Society."

Well, that would suit Trudeau's philosophy to a T.