Six shot, at least three dead, near Santa Monica College : Obama not hit

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Was that an Auto 5?? The one where the barrel itself moves back under recoil?? Very nice.

John Moses Browning was a genius.

Yup. How could I have forgotten "auto 5"...........Easy to strip and clean. Some idiot put a poly-choke on it before I got it., and ruined the resale. Should never have sold it.

After I quit hunting it seemed foolish to have a bunch of guns around. Never was a collector. They all went but one.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
No gun control no peace
No guns at all, too many nuts around, same result ... no peace.

Only ever sold 4 and wish I'd kept the one; it was a Mossberg .22 semi-auto with peeps and the forestock folded down to pistol-grip. Sold a single shot 12 ga. in somewhat rough condition. An other was a Browning HiPower in 9mm. FUn little thing to plink with but went through a box of shells waaaay too quick. lol And the 4th was a Ruger 10/22 semi auto, rotary mag. Also fun little thing but the sights were wobbly (chewing gum worked) and it was easier to sell than fix the sights. Buddy bought it and put a scope on it. Guess he also thought it was easier than fixing the sights. lol

The rest, we are keeping and we hunt and plink with them all. Used to do a lot of local target competition before we moved. No-one around here does that locally.

Last edited:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Find me another special interest group, any special interest group, that has five million individuals as members.

AARP has about 40 million. Humane Society of the United States has about 11 million. I'm sure there would be a number of labour unions that surpass five million.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Every incident like this resurrects the issues about guns, to an unhealthy level of obsession. We got too many crackpots on the loose and once those are rounded up guns will be a moot point. There are actually believe it not probably fewer crackpots than guns!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Every incident like this resurrects the issues about guns, to an unhealthy level of obsession. We got too many crackpots on the loose and once those are rounded up guns will be a moot point. There are actually believe it not probably fewer crackpots than guns!
what...you want to put money into mental heatlh care? not gonna happen, are you in sane?8O

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I've known that for a long time-:) Better to spend money on mental health than burying victims!
if ONLY people would get that...or we could just buy more guns, :roll: ...either way, it's gonna take a while to clean this up

leftard over and out... :D

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Perhaps we should be looking at why there are so many crackpots around. Most are not born that way. They are a product of their environment (social,religious and political). Guns are just a convenient way of avoiding the real issues.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Shooter's name is John Sawahri. Sounds Swedish to me. No mention if he is a Tea-partier or NRA member.