Should we give racists their space?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I was thinking that maybe the best way to get racists out of our hairs is to give them their space. Imagine for example that we selected some isolated community and declared it an English-only or French-only zone. Unless you're English (or French, depending on the zone), though you could enter, you could not work, attend school, nor do business there. No one who resides there could apply for permanent residency, citizenship, or even a work, student, or business visa either. They could even impose something like Quebec's Bill 101 but for English if it's an English-only zone and force schools and businesses to close on Sundays, Easter, and Christmas for example.

Meanwhile, the rest of Canada could finally join civilization while the bigots would be free to move to their economically-depressed enclaves.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I don't do drugs.

I don't do drugs either except alcohol years ago and sometimes I spend a little too much time online. Other than that, my wife thinks I spend too much time thinking about sex. So alcohol, internet, and sex addiction, but I'm working on it.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
''Should we give racists their space?''

Don't we already?

Yeah, but unfortunately everywhere.

I was thinking more along the lines of designating some spaces for them and with a wink, wink, nudge, nudge, encourage them all to move there and leave the rest of us alone.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

I was thinking more along the lines of designating some spaces for them and with a wink, wink, nudge, nudge, encourage them all to move there and leave the rest of us alone.

... a sort of Gitmo for Gits ...

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
With the increased cultural blending going on globally, I'd like to think that our children will grow up a lot more tolerant than older generations and the problem will self-correct to a degree. Kind of like smokers, sure there are lots still out their that haven't heard the 'pop' yet, but their numbers are way down from say, fifty years ago.

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan

Are you saying they should get their own physical space or sovereignty.... because America already has Texas and Canada has Alberta...

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Are you saying they should get their own physical space or sovereignty.... because America already has Texas and Canada has Alberta...

That was kind of my idea. Adopt more open borders overall but then designate closed municipalities for those who want to live in their own little enclaves.