Shots fired on capitol hill

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
She didn't drive through it. She was apparently not happy about the roadblock and then wouldn't get out of her car for them so she turned around and drove away. That prompted them to chase her eventually forcing her to crash and shooting her.

I'm still seeing on Reuters that she hit the barrier then drove off. I'm assuming it was on purpose simply because most people do stop after having an accident, particularly if police are telling them to stop. I'm not saying she deserved to die, not by a long shot, but whether some mental illness or simply road rage, she led police on a chase AND had her kid in the car.

Bottom line is she gets less sympathy from me for that.

But these people are not like you and I, they have no respect for human rights, they use babies in terrorist attacks everyday.

Who are 'these' people? Are you trying to imply that I'm making some kind of a statement other than the one I've actually made?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
it would appear as if she jumped out of her car perhaps she had the presence of mind to protect her child from her own stupidity, the video does not paint her in a good light...

but the media are running with this and there is nothing to run with, now they want to assure people that at no time were the president or other government members in any danger.... what a stupid statement...how stupid do they think we are...wait...let me rephrase that :roll:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I'm still seeing on Reuters that she hit the barrier then drove off. I'm assuming it was on purpose simply because most people do stop after having an accident, particularly if police are telling them to stop. I'm not saying she deserved to die, not by a long shot, but whether some mental illness or simply road rage, she led police on a chase AND had her kid in the car.

Bottom line is she gets less sympathy from me for that.

Who are 'these' people? Are you trying to imply that I'm making some kind of a statement other than the one I've actually made?

Not at all. Did I forget the smiley? I'm implying nothing other than eventually she will be blamed and the cop will be exonerated. He shot a target in a car , like they practice shooting, she's dead because of hyper conditioned police. It's so common now people are being conditioned to it. These terrorists these conspiracy nuts, these Moslims, these ecofringies, these blacks these

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
i agree that both Canadian and American cops are gun happy and citizens are dying that should not be gunned down

they are saying the cops acted heroically...pffffffffffffffffffffffft, I guess maybe, but it's a stretch for me

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
They have the right to enforce the laws that protected the rights of everyone on those roads and sidewalks that were being threatened by her high speed driving

You are mistaking what I say. They have a duty to maintain order on the road, yes, but what is their reason for placing the roadblock? What is their reason for giving chase because she drove away from it? What is their reason for shooting first and asking questions later after they forced her to crash? All she wanted to do from my view was drive her vehicle down a public road in a free country of which she was a citizen. If her doing this was some major threat to national security or public safety I fail to see how.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Not at all. Did I forget the smiley? I'm implying nothing other than eventually she will be blamed and the cop will be exonerated. He shot a target in a car , like they practice shooting, she's dead because of hyper conditioned police. It's so common now people are being conditioned to it. These terrorists these conspiracy nuts, these Moslims, these ecofringies, these blacks these

Okay. :) (Smiley remembered.)

I don't think, never thought, it had anything to do with terrorists. But you do have to be a special kind of stupid not to know that if run your car into a barricade in front of the White House, even by accident, you're going to get a big response. Given that she took off and gave the cops chase, I'm placing money on it not being any kind of an accident.

Again, not suggesting she deserved to die because of it, but given that even an idiot should know better in the above scenario, she did put her kid in some danger, so I'm guessing she couldn't have been quite right in the head. But that's just a guess on my part.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
When you've seen the cops in brutal actions on you tube you may understandably be very distraught. Heavily armed police barricades are very intimidating and do nothing to defuse that natural fear.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
To start with at present we don't know what the situation is and the news can't
tell us because the news is no longer the news its entertainment. How the hell
can we take anything they say seriously anymore?
The news is no longer news, the cops have in many cases become thugs and
the general population is behaving badly at best.
Is everything still alright? Are we slowly slipping over the edge?
Speaks for itself don' ya think

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
To start with at present we don't know what the situation is and the news can't
tell us because the news is no longer the news its entertainment. How the hell
can we take anything they say seriously anymore?
The news is no longer news, the cops have in many cases become thugs and
the general population is behaving badly at best.
Is everything still alright? Are we slowly slipping over the edge?
Speaks for itself don' ya think
yeah that about sums it up grumps

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They have the right to enforce the laws that protected the rights of everyone on those roads and sidewalks that were being threatened by her high speed driving
Which is why they call of high speed pursuits in urban areas and avoid shootouts then go after them later since they have their address anyway. Sorry bud. your "public safety" angle is invalid.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Which is why they call of high speed pursuits in urban areas and avoid shootouts then go after them later since they have their address anyway. Sorry bud. your "public safety" angle is invalid.

Ramming a barricade on Capitol Hill isn't the same as some punk kid that stole a Hyundai and thinks they can out run the cops

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Did she have a weapon in the car?

Driver who set off Washington lockdown was shot and killed by police | National Post

A woman driving a black Infiniti with a young child inside tried to ram through a White House barricade Thursday, then led police on a chase toward the Capitol, where police shot and killed her, witnesses and officials said.

The District of Columbia’s police chief says the suspect who led police on a chase from the White House to the Capitol is dead.

The pursuit began when a car with Connecticut plates sped onto the driveway leading to the White House, over a set of lowered barricades. When she couldn’t get through a second barrier, she spun the car in the opposite direction, flipping a Secret Service officer over the hood of the car as she sped away, said B.J. Campbell, a visiting tourist from Portland, Ore.

A fleet of police and Secret Service cars chased the Infiniti toward Capitol Hill.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
she did strike and hit a cop

it's super dramatic looking when she flies past and smashes the cruiser

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Anyone wonder why she did this with a child in the car.
Running a WH security barricade,
Attempted to run a second WH security barricade,
Hitting an officer.
Refusing to stop the vehicle.

Now what would in all probability be the end result.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Anyone wonder why she did this with a child in the car.
Hitting an officer.

Now what would in all probability be the end result.

Interesting the way you put all that. Here's what I see when I look at your list.

She made a choice.

She made a choice.
Hitting an officer.
She made a choice.
She made a choice.

The more I'm seeing on this, the less I'm inclined to buy that it was anything innocent or accidental on her part at all.