Senators want no-visit list to bar 'ideological radicals' from Canada

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I guess we are a reactionary peoples . When the economy was taking a big dump back in the thirties the panic set in quickly and one of the first reactions was the Tariffs. But they only made things worse. How do you remain isolated and protected in a dangerous world that is infested with thousands of ideologies , many of which will justify their beliefs with violence against those who they consider the enemies. It's kinda like spending the majority of the day looking over your shoulder. I don't know the answers because ignorance seems to be like an infection with no medicine available. Who the hell knows.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I guess we are a reactionary peoples . When the economy was taking a big dump back in the thirties the panic set in quickly and one of the first reactions was the Tariffs. But they only made things worse. How do you remain isolated and protected in a dangerous world that is infested with thousands of ideologies , many of which will justify their beliefs with violence against those who they consider the enemies. It's kinda like spending the majority of the day looking over your shoulder. I don't know the answers because ignorance seems to be like an infection with no medicine available. Who the hell knows.

Hey, if you can't get along with a safe, benign and peaceful neighbour like us, you can't get along with anybody.

Careful about throwing the term "rogue nation" about.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Hey, if you can't get along with a safe, benign and peaceful neighbour like us, you can't get along with anybody.

Careful about throwing the term "rogue nation" about.
I've always considered Canada as a peaceful people. Still do. Pretty much a symbol of peace and harmony . That's why I as an American enjoy coming here from time to time to listen to you folks. I don't always agree with your views which are varied just like any other people, but I enjoy them none the less. In my country it seems we do like to jump to conclusions and act before we think most of the time. Like we did back in the great depression years. The Smoot Hawley Tariff being an example of the isolationism and protectionism mindset of the conservatives of those times. As I said I do not know the answer to protect yours or my country from the ideological threats of the day. I hope it will be a peaceful one without walls of exclusion. As far as rogue nation,,,I have no clue what you're referring to. I'm a fan of your country. Anyways have a good one.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I've always considered Canada as a peaceful people. Still do. Pretty much a symbol of peace and harmony . That's why I as an American enjoy coming here from time to time to listen to you folks. I don't always agree with your views which are varied just like any other people, but I enjoy them none the less. In my country it seems we do like to jump to conclusions and act before we think most of the time. Like we did back in the great depression years. The Smoot Hawley Tariff being an example of the isolationism and protectionism mindset of the conservatives of those times. As I said I do not know the answer to protect yours or my country from the ideological threats of the day. I hope it will be a peaceful one without walls of exclusion. As far as rogue nation,,,I have no clue what you're referring to. I'm a fan of your country. Anyways have a good one.

We now need a passport to cross a border that used to be peaceful and unarmed for nearly 200 years because jerkwater jerks in your political leadership panicked like little girls. Here we go again with some mean spirited Senators.

If you can't get along with the most peaceful and reasonable neighbour that you could ever hope for, the definition of a rougue is a nation that is potentially dangerous to the rest of humanity.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
We now need a passport to cross a border that used to be peaceful and unarmed for nearly 200 years because jerkwater jerks in your political leadership panicked like little girls. Here we go again with some mean spirited Senators.

If you can't get along with the most peaceful and reasonable neighbour that you could ever hope for, the definition of a rougue is a nation that is potentially dangerous to the rest of humanity.

I think the U.S. had good cause to require passports. Remember the first terrorist to enter the U.S. was from Canada.

Plus the Libs were letting anyone that promised to vote Liberal into the country.

Remember the Khadar's !!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014

I'm an old geezer anymore but I did recently have a discussion with a conservative friend of mine where my position was that maybe it's time to get the old cronies,,,or status quo ,,out of there and get some young blood in there with open minds with the resolve to shun the way things have always been and begin anew . Personally , and I've not really given it much thought, I would like to see the northern border to be open but I guess that's not realistic anymore. I don't see any reason to have any mistrust of our northern neighbors. What I do see in a limited way by what I read in forums like these and hearsay from wherever, is this sense of loss of trust and friendship that in my time anyway always seemed to be taken for granted. I do know and understand that many people in the world can't stand Americans as a whole and simply do not trust us. I guess you can give the reasons for that. An old saying was the best way to defeat an enemy is to make them your friend. But friendship has to be give and take on both sides. Maybe that can't happen in a world where everyone seems to be doing their own thing. We here in the US doing more than our fair share. I suppose the youngsters coming up like my little girl who does get involved in positive societal activities hoping to make a positive difference in the world may come up with the answers where we can live at peace with each other. All us oldsters have ever done is feed our own egos and self interests as is evident as things are going. I'm optimistic that will happen. Until then we'll just have to put up with everyone looking at each other as their enemies. What a wonderful thing that is.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Canada has always asked for a more open boarder, but the American position is that to have more open boarders, the Canadians have to harmonize their immigration policy with the American policy. Which would mean the Americans would have full access to Canadian immigration files.

Canadian politians have rejected this so now we have the kind of boarder that we have!!
Anyways that's my understanding of this situation.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I think the U.S. had good cause to require passports. Remember the first terrorist to enter the U.S. was from Canada.

Da!! What, what, what, what??

You must have wet dreams with Janet Napolitano in them..

The FIRST terrorists that hit the twin towers on 9/11 had entered the USA on student Visas.

They were taking pilots lessons in Florida and told the instructor, they didn't need to learn how to land a plane.

I was joking about that 2 days ago with my instructor.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
-
As a side note I'm not sure that I personally see any problem with harmonizing immigration policy, but politians are politians !!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Canada has always asked for a more open boarder, but the American position is that to have more open boarders, the Canadians have to harmonize their immigration policy with the American policy. Which would mean the Americans would have full access to Canadian immigration files.

Canadian politians have rejected this so now we have the kind of boarder that we have!!
Anyways that's my understanding of this situation.
Thanks. I was not aware. I always thought that if I wanted to take a drive to Alaska I'd just get in my car and go. Just,,you know,,,like driving from Arizona to New Mexico. Guess I'm ignorant in this area. Oh Well.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Da!! What, what, what, what??

You must have wet dreams with Janet Napolitano in them..

The FIRST terrorists that hit the twin towers on 9/11 had entered the USA on student Visas.

They were taking pilots lessons in Florida and told the instructor, they didn't need to learn how to land a plane.

I was joking about that 2 days ago with my instructor.
No, the first one was that bimbo that entered the U.S. In BC with a car and got caught. He was going to LA to blow up the airport or something.

Thanks. I was not aware. I always thought that if I wanted to take a drive to Alaska I'd just get in my car and go. Just,,you know,,,like driving from Arizona to New Mexico. Guess I'm ignorant in this area. Oh Well.
Yeah, the only difference now is that you would still have no problem but you will need a passport now to enter Canada.,

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
So you should fit right in with the tory senators, ban people for what they might be thinking about doing.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Will this be based on the presumption of innocence, something the Magna Carta, the UDHR, and so many other documents enshrine and that many westerners pay lip service to as a "western value"? Or maybe I misunderstood? It's meant a value that applies only to Westerners?
Sorry presumption of innocence has no bearing on entry into a country .
We as Canadians can allow or disallow any non Canadian entry into Canada for whatever reason we choose .
Same goes for all other counties .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So we should have let the Jews in eh ?

Really !

You do . No problem coming into Canada with only drivers license well crossing at manned border posts .