Second Choice Nation: After Canada, you would live in?

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
The United States of America.

I assume and surely hope many people choose the USA as their second choice nation, if they had to live anywhere else

Boy, was that a wrong assumption!

Myself, I would never want to live in the States, for many reasons. It would be my last choice, and certainly wouldn't be in my top ten. If not Canada, I'd want to stay in a Commonwealth country, Britain, Australia, or some such place.

Last edited:

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
OMG I did not realize Andem was an admin.

Now thinking back to the circumcision thread..

I'm sorry boss man! See staff don't have their labels directly under their avatar, you have to go under the profile, and I rarely do that! But I guess the different color should have tipped me off, lol!

You seem like a cool admin, at least the way you handled me in my circumcision thread lol. I have been in so many dictatorship forums that its nice to have one that understands and believe in the growing process... lol

One other thing, how hoes a guy from Germany become the admin for a Canadian forum? lol :D

Could you use "lol" anymore??? sheesh...

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Bitten is more left win the US crowed and expensive. That is why I chose Australia. Lower taxes then Canada, great beaches not that crowed and a good job marked. New Zealand is beautiful but I don’t think there are a lot of jobs there and if you live in Australia it is easier to visit. The biggest plus about the US is it is close, low taxes and usually has a good job market.

Where is "Bitten"? Is it in Europe?

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
why wouldn't people choose the USA!!

Its just like canada!!

but better!

snfu, check PM box.

Really? Why aren't you living in your paradise? Please don't feel the need to remain in ths "second-rate" country on our behalf.

What I don't understand is why you seem annoyed and peevish at what people are answering. Why ask a question if you do not care to read the answers? Why assume everyone thinks like you?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Sanctus ,
Myself, I would never wnat to live in the States, for many reasons. It would be my last choice, and certainly wouldn't be in my top ten. If not Canada, I'd want to stay in a Commonwealth country, Britain, Australia, or some such place.__________________________________________________________
The way I understand padre , Christ came not to the
righteous but to the sinners . So I recon you as a Christ's visible representative , prefer to be where the sinners are, not in US of A , the land of brave and free. I'd say that's very commendable padre , you are a mighty fine priest .

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Way off topic but applicable as an example in this thread...

What has happened to the pacific and lovely thinkers Sanctus and China?

You have both become more bitter as the weeks have moved along... is it personal or influences here?

No answer necessary - I am sorry it happened because I enjoyed your posts and the way you had a calming influence on people and were instrumental in getting some wonderful threads going.

I feel like we have lost two kind people. I hope you come back.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
righteous but to the sinners . So I recon you as a Christ's visible representative , prefer to be where the sinners are, not in US of A , the land of brave and free. I'd say that's very commendable padre , you are a mighty fine priest .

Sinners everywhere. I am not fond of the American political system nor the overall violence of its large cities(I would always choose a city to live in). I feel safer in a Commonwealth country and I am comfortable with a parliamentary system of government.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Way off topic but applicable as an example in this thread...

What has happened to the pacific and lovely thinkers Sanctus and China?

You have both become more bitter as the weeks have moved along... is it personal or influences here?

No answer necessary - I am sorry it happened because I enjoyed your posts and the way you had a calming influence on people and were instrumental in getting some wonderful threads going.

I feel like we have lost two kind people. I hope you come back.

Sorry. West has a habit of getting on one's nerves. Or perhaps what is a more accurate statement, I allow West to get on my nerves. I'll watch for that in the future;-) Thank you for the reminder!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Sanctus

No need to apologize - I am only questioning what seems to be a change. I hope your days become more serene and spring brings some unexpected renewal to your heart.

Perhaps letting the past season of winter go.....it may not have been the best of days for you.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Probably the US.

Not Britain, life is too expensive, racists, class based.

Possibly Australia, but I'd have to look at the boorish, racsist society to see if I could live with it.

If the US, probably somewhere in New England. Not the same as Canada, but not completely objectionable.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Probably the US.

Not Britain, life is too expensive, racists, class based.

Possibly Australia, but I'd have to look at the boorish, racsist society to see if I could live with it.

If the US, probably somewhere in New England. Not the same as Canada, but not completely objectionable.

There's a lot more Racism in the US RenPenny....also there are class systems everywhere.....but it IS too expensive, I'll grant you that.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Sanctus,
Sinners everywhere. I am not fond of the American political system nor the overall violence of its large cities(I would always choose a city to live in)._________________________

I,d say that's a perfect place for a God,s rep._______________

I feel safer in a Commonwealth country and I am comfortable with a parliamentary system of government.

Obviously ,seeking your own security , your own particular path makes me wonder... "who the hell are you" , a politician or a man of God , mister.

Last edited:

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The United States of America has a great job market, strong economy, and it is safe.

The majority of the crimes and murders happen in the slum side of the cities... the gangs.

And racism only seems to come out of fear in the USA.

People are sometimes racist to Muslims their because of their ignorant fear of 9/11

Not many people are racist to others in the USA just outright.. usually has other reasons behind it.h

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
heard of the KKK?

:roll:

...and people make fun of the Americans for being culturally ignorant of the rest of the world.

The number of idiots running around in sheets and burning crosses is not quite as high as "Mississippi Burning" movie fans would like you to believe.

You seem to have enough problems of your own in dealing with the Quebecois and your Natives to be casting your jaundiced eye at us.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
:roll:

...and people make fun of the Americans for being culturally ignorant of the rest of the world.

The number of idiots running around in sheets and burning crosses is not quite as high as "Mississippi Burning" movie fans would like you to believe.

You seem to have enough problems of your own in dealing with the Quebecois and your Natives to be casting your jaundiced eye at us.

I never said there was rampant racism running throughout the US. I was merely pointing out that the KKK does not practise subtle racism. They are in your face about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westmanguy
Not many people are racist to others in the USA just outright.. usually has other reasons behind it.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Well lets think to how many people in Canada are racist towards:

Natives
Imigrants
Quebecois

Thats alot of people who racism to those groups.

Canada is not exempt from racism.