Sea Shepherd's Paul Watson arrested in Germany

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
For sure Watson is bound to drop some weight in a Costa Rican prison if only from a diet even more monotonous than the German one-Costa Rican food is a horror story of grease, salt and all round stodge.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Not really.... if he did something, then send him off and make an example out of him.... if he's innocent, then face the courts and prove innocence. Not much of a leap at all.
If you say so... :roll:

compared to: "Letting Costa Rica erroneously, and unethically punish him for something he didn't do, so you can feel better about something you think he did do. Is just silly."
Context is everything.

How do you know he didn't do something? How do you know Costa Rica is in the wrong or doing this in some unethical manner?
I watched the documentary where the incident is highlighted.

I imagne he did do something wrong simply based on past examples of what he and his organization have done.... but if he didn't do anything, then he shouldn't have anything to hide. Trying to avoid legal action and complaining about being extrodited to a country you're accused of doing something wrong speaks volumes in that they must think they did "Something" wrong and want to run away from the consequences.
No it doesn't. The Costa Rican legal system isn't something I would want to defend myself in.

Either way, if one doesn't like the laws / rules & punishment that is in place in a specific country, and if you think they're a little harsh with their criminal consequences, or even if you think they have some backwards way of life set in the stone ages...... Don't go into their territory/waters to screw around. Even if it wasn't in that country's waters, the vessel in question is still protected by the country they come from and that country will seek you out if they feel you did something wrong against their citizens.
Hey, it's Ok you're a coward, not everybody has to be like you.

2nd rate amateurs..... yeah, let's drop a small boat loaded with people into the ocean during high winds and from a larger ship moving at full speed in choppy waters.... yeah, nothing can go wrong there. :roll:
Ummm, that practice happens all the time, I would hazard a guess it happens daily, all across the globe, in many Navy and marine services. It doesn't always end picture perfect.

Even in such a stupid situation, if they unhooked them the moment they hit the water, they probably wouldn't have flipped in the first place.
Or the quick release failed.

Next time, use two cranes at both ends of the ship, rather than one in the centre that allows the thing to spin around like it did..... or slow your damn ship down..... or wait until the weather & winds are better..... or don't go out and act like a bunch of idiots in the first place.
Wow Prax, you should join the Navy, you'd be an Admiral in a week.

For sure Watson is bound to drop some weight in a Costa Rican prison if only from a diet even more monotonous than the German one-Costa Rican food is a horror story of grease, salt and all round stodge.
Is that why you're such a drama queen, IBS?

I bet they feed him fish.
Shark fin soup.

Last edited:

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Oh yes, PROVE YOUR INNOCENCE!What ever happened to the concept of being "Innocent until proven guilty"?
Depends which code of law you're talking about doesn't it?

In some countries there's no such thing as innocent until proven guilty-didn't you know that?

You're heard of other countries haven't you-even if you've never visited one.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
How would you know-you've never been there/know nothing about the place-maybe you'd learn something.
Neither have you, so what's your point?

I've never been to the moon either, but like the moon, I can research the Costa Rican legal system. Which I have.

Maybe you should too, instead of claiming to have been there, so you can pretend to be so well traveled and cool. Because with the corruption in Costa Rica as high as it is, you just look like an idiot spouting off.

In some countries there's no such thing as innocent until proven guilty-didn't you know that?
I did, which is why I said "I wouldn't want to defend my self in the Costa Rican legal system".

You would have understood that, had you ever been there, or even done a little cursory research on the corruption in Costa Rica.

You're heard of other countries haven't you-even if you've never visited one.
Your piss poor grammar aside. You've never left BC, so I don't know why you think his never having been anywhere is so pertinent.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Neither have you, so what's your point?
Wrong-I lived in Quepos and Playa Tamarindo back in the late 80's-and I still speak Spanish.

I've never been to the moon either, but like the moon, I can research the Costa Rican legal system. Which I have.
So you googled English language web pages?

And you found Standard wikipedia garbage meant for people like you?

If you like you can find the Costa Rican penal code online-in Spanish-it's a Spanish speaking country you know.

Your piss poor grammar aside. You've never left BC, so I don't know why you think his never having been anywhere is so pertinent.
My most abject apologies for the astoundingly egregious grammatical errors-who would have thought a paragon of the English language like you would stoop to reading my posts?

I should be flattered.

FWIW-Here are some shots from Colombia-another place you'll never visit since you're a monolingual English speaker.The Costa Rican shots will have to wait until I buy a new scanner capable of doing slides.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Wrong-I lived in Quepos and Playa Tamarindo back in the late 80's-and I still speak Spanish.
Ya ya, whatever you say there pinche gringo punia terro.

So you googled English language web pages?
Yep, and they were quite informative.

And you found Standard wikipedia garbage meant for people like you?
Nope, unlike you, I don't believe half the crap you can find on wikiality. Which of course is why I call it wikiality.

If you like you can find the Costa Rican penal code online-in Spanish-it's a Spanish speaking country you know.
Oh cool, you googled the Costa Rican penal code.

Now if only you could understand what it said, or what I said, for that matter.

Maybe instead of pretending to be a world traveler, and speaking more than just the broken English you fill your posts with, you could go and research what's actually going on in Costa Rica.

If you weren't so full of shyte, you would know how messed up the place is.

My most abject apologies for the astoundingly egregious grammatical errors-who would have thought a paragon of the English language like you would stoop to reading my posts?
Apology accepted. It was hard, but I managed to decipher the gobblety gook you call a post.

I should be flattered.
Yes you should. It took precious time away from poking other, more intelligent trolls than you, in the eye.

FWIW-Here are some shots from Colombia-another place you'll never visit since you're a monolingual English speaker.
Oh wow, you can scoop pics from the net, while you make assumptions about what languages I can speak, you're just awesome.

What's next? Are you going to regale us with stories of your great white hype, fishing prowess? Oh wait... I already laughed my way through that nonsense.

The Costa Rican shots will have to wait until I buy a new scanner capable of doing slides.
More like when you can find some on line and you can doctor them up, figure out exactly where they were taken, so you won't end up looking like a bigger idiot than you already do.

Last edited: