Rupert Everett: 'There's nothing worse than gay parents'

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
People need to give their heads a shake and realize the difference between acknowledging an ideal... (yes, I feel a mom and a dad in a stable, happy home is ideal for a child's upbringing)... and having the right to try to force people to live said ideal, or guilt them for not fitting into it.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Children of homosexual parents will mature a lot faster in a heterosexual society for the simple reason that they will have to fight to fit in and find their ground. Some children will be able to deal with the pressures of being raised by gay parents and other will have problems. Most religious organizations shun homosexual behaviour and the kids will always have to endure people that belong to these groups trying to save them.

The gays have won most of the legal battles of being recognized as a normal group and they have gained most of the benefits but now they have to prove themselves to the rest of the people that are in the community which will be hard to do for another couple of generations or they could segregate themselves and have their community grow and evolve with their families.

This has been done over long periods of time where a group segregates themselves so they can enjoy peace and safety.

One of the recent examples is the American presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s family is of the Mormon religion where in the beginning they had to segregate themselves and move out of country to the wild west in the 1800s just to save themselves from the mobs of people who wanted to kill them and they evolved into what they are today.

Unfortunately the gay parents will have to endure but as time goes on things eventually get better.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Rupert Everett: 'There's nothing worse than gay parents'

Rupert Holmes on stage with The Village People:

Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Piña Colada Song '80) - YouTube

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
BS. You mean "MAY be impoverished in comparison".

Catastrophic? No exaggeration there, right?
F'k, I sure am glad my kids were raised apart from hateful, phobic, irrational people like you,

Wrong. It indicates they MAY or have an increased tendency to be.
Obviously, your bigotry has clouded your comprehension abilities.
lmao So you want all kids to be your version of "normal". Good luck on that flight into the surreal.

If you want to apply a word catastrophic to situation you could apply to an environment where the nuclear family and especially fathers have disappeared.. in the inner city, largely African American ghettos of the U.S... impoverished.. gang, drug and crime ridden.. adrift in hopelessness for generations.

University sociological studies look for trends. There are always exceptions.. those apply for protocols for new drugs and such as well.. but you can discern a meaningful relationships from the data. There might be other factors not included in the study.. perhaps the presence of non parental male or female role models that could affect individual results... but you would be foolish to throw out a clear pattern of cause and effect.. because it doesn't comply with pc standards.. and therefor must be 'bigoted'. :roll:

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
If you want to apply a word catastrophic to situation you could apply to an environment where the nuclear family and especially fathers have disappeared.. in the inner city, largely African American ghettos of the U.S... impoverished.. gang, drug and crime ridden.. adrift in hopelessness for generations.

University sociological studies look for trends. There are always exceptions.. those apply for protocols for new drugs and such as well.. but you can discern a meaningful relationships from the data. There might be other factors not included in the study.. perhaps the presence of non parental male or female role models that could affect individual results... but you would be foolish to throw out a clear pattern of cause and effect.. because it doesn't comply with pc standards.. and therefor must be 'bigoted'. :roll:

Concerning single-parent African-American ghettoes, I remember reading one statistic (not sure if US or Canadian) that white women are more likely to get an abortion.

consider too that even in Canada racism against blacks can be quite extreme. I remember an uncle in law (government worker in electronics) who said whenever he drove his nice car wearing a baseball cap, almost guaranteed he'd get stopped. An ex-brother-in-law was stopped by the same officer so many times he started referring to him by his name, and only then did the officer stop stopping him all the time (I guess he got the hint). Also the previously mentioned brother in law was told an apartment was not available but it was available for me when I went to look the same day. Another brother in law started always getting stopped by police about a week after he decided to start growing dreds. After a week of that he decided to chop them off. They were barely sticking out! And the uncle in law mentioned above was once told a job offer was unavailable but a white friend was still offered the same job the same day.

All of this contributes to the ghetto, though in the case of the in-laws they were all doing well none-the-less. But just saying all of this racism does not help.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
And all that is because of homosexuality, right? It has nothing to do with unemployment, economics, politics, etc.

University sociological studies look for trends.
Yes, trends. Not absolutes like you were gibbering about. You said that there WILL be negative effects on the kids whereas the study simply said there are measurable and definable negative effects. Besides that, you said "It's obvious for all who want to see.. of the catastrophic social outcomes for individuals and communities in the absence of (real) fathers.. or mothers." That is a statement of an absolute.
There are always exceptions..
Backpedaling now.
those apply for protocols for new drugs and such as well.. but you can discern a meaningful relationships from the data. There might be other factors not included in the study.. perhaps the presence of non parental male or female role models that could affect individual results... but you would be foolish to throw out a clear pattern of cause and effect.. because it doesn't comply with pc standards.. and therefor must be 'bigoted'. :roll:
Like I said, clouded comprehension resulting from your particular bias. That wasn't my issue at all. I said YOU are bigoted. YOU state things in absolutes without regard for any evidence suggesting you cannot use absolutes.
BTW, Texas isn't exactly unbiased as a state full of people concerning homosexuality. So the U of T may simply avoid studying anything unbiased about homosexuality in favor of studying anything that may show the negative aspects.

Last edited:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
And all that is because of homosexuality, right? It has nothing to do with unemployment, economics, politics, etc.

Yes, trends. Not absolutes like you were gibbering about. You said that there WILL be negative effects on the kids whereas the study simply said there are measurable and definable negative effects. Besides that, you said "It's obvious for all who want to see.. of the catastrophic social outcomes for individuals and communities in the absence of (real) fathers.. or mothers." That is a statement of an absolute.
Backpedaling now.
Like I said, clouded comprehension resulting from your particular bias. That wasn't my issue at all. I said YOU are bigoted. YOU state things in absolutes without regard for any evidence suggesting you cannot use absolutes.
BTW, Texas isn't exactly unbiased as a state full of people concerning homosexuality. So the U of T may simply avoid studying anything unbiased about homosexuality in favor of studying anything that may show the negative aspects.

You're the one always saying i don't produce evidence LG.. and when i do you still complain.. i guess you are just prejudiced.

There's no satisfying you LG.. basicly it comes down to your rejection of any system of objective order or natural law in the world. Yet you codify your own concepts of moral relativism into a system of inverted ethics.. even though its own internal contradictions make that an absurdity.. lost in a subjective malaise of political correctness and expediency.

Before its drilled out of them by the modern school system.. children in fact do have that sense of order and law.. which is why abnormal and immoral environments, like homosexual households... affect them so negatively. That's a point of view.. based on well vetted science and social precedence.. and outright common sense.. but its not bigoted.. because i do not hate homosexuals.

I don't hate people suffering from alcoholism or drug addiction.. or any number of disorders, compulsions and afflictions... but i refuse to be part of a culture of enabling self destructive, life denying behaviour.. which you have embraced so fully. And i certainly lament that children are victimized by these highly dysfunctional and emotionally abusive environments.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Sweeping generalizations about parenthood mean nothing. My brother-in-law is the sole parent to a son he didn't know he had until he was dropped off on his doorstep by a junkie mother. The boy was 18 months old when that happened and he's now 6 and doing fine. I doubt having another male in the mix would be a problem. He's certainly doing a helluva lot better than he would if his drug addict mother was staying with them.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What is a male contribution and female contribution to child rearing?

Will no one answer this question for me? If you think it's important that children have a male parent and a female parent active in their lives, I'm sure you can give me specific reasons for it.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Will no one answer this question for me? If you think it's important that children have a male parent and a female parent active in their lives, I'm sure you can give me specific reasons for it.
Two different views on life from two different role models.

Unselfish Love ......
Idealistically. Doesn't always work out that way, though.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Two different views on life from two different role models.ul parents
You have spoken for your self ,right .

By normal father and mother . ....Love ,
I meant that I had loving parents .Obviously ,just like yourself , we can only speak about our own situations .

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Two different views on life from two different role models.

Which cant be accomplished by two parents of the same s e x because....?

Separated the letters as apparently thats a bad word here. Strange.

Last edited:

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
I don't think anyone mentioned this,I haven't read every word,but .where did the homos e x ual couple get the kid.At the pound,ok,what about the DNA from the people that created this kid. That has a large bearing on how the kid turns out.
I kind of believe the uncle phill/opra crap about a child needing a parent of each s e x to have a chance at being normal but,I think it would be better for the kid to have a homos e x ual couple that loved him/her than a straight couple that kicked the s h i t out of him/her or otherwise f'd them up for any chance of being "normal".

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Unfortunately, biology and the rights of the child run counter to the ideals of homosexual couples. Before I explain what I mean, for the record, I support adoption for same-sex couples and I also don't believe that anyone technically has any natural right to know who their parents are. It's a good idea, but not a necessary right like say free speech.

Anyway, in the past, part of the operating ideology behind adoption and sperm/egg donations has been to take great pains to conceal the identities of biological parents or donors. There's a long standing assumption in our culture that implies there is something shameful about adoption. I'm not sure how well it reflects actual social behaviour, but there is at the very least the meme of parents hiding adoption from their children and the horror of revealing it to them.

Attitudes have changed over time. Our government has made it easier for children and biological parents to find each other. Children believe they have a right to know who their parents are, and some are even looking for their sperm donors. When it comes to these things, we often forget that there are real human beings brought into this kind of contract without their consent, and when they grow they have questions and reasonable demands.

Unfortunately for same-sex couples, we still can't produce children without a male and female, so no matter how you do it (adoption, donors) you're going to bring third parties into the equation. The ethical questions involved are the same ones posed opposite-sex couples adopting, using donors etc.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Two different views on life from two different role models.ul parents
You have spoken for your self ,right .

By normal father and mother . ....Love ,
I meant that I had loving parents .Obviously ,just like yourself , we can only speak about our own situations .
Yes, I spoke for myself. I had a mother and a father. They were people; two different people to be exact. As such, they were two different role models.They each had their own views. I experienced those of their views they were willing to divulge to me and developed a few of my own views.
Is that different from anyone else that had two parents (same gender or not)?

Which cant be accomplished by two parents of the same s e x because....?
I can't see a reason.

Separated the letters as apparently thats a bad word here. Strange.
Funny, too. lol

Anyway, as I pointed out to China; I had a mother and a father. They were people; two different people to be exact. As such, they were two different role models.They each had their own views. I experienced those of their views they were willing to divulge to me and developed a few of my own views.
Is that different from anyone else that had two parents (same gender or not)? I kinda doubt it.

Gender differences are only a small part of what make people up.

Is that the best you could come up with?
Is that the cleverest question you could come up with?
It doesn't display very much depth in thought.

As I said to WLDB; I had a mother and a father. They were people; two different people to be exact. As such, they were two different role models.They each had their own views. I experienced those of their views they were willing to divulge to me and developed a few of my own views.
Is that different from anyone else that had two parents (same gender or not)? I kinda doubt it.

Gender differences are only a small part of what make people up. I see people in more ways than just gender difference.

I don't think anyone mentioned this,I haven't read every word,but .where did the homos e x ual couple get the kid.At the pound,ok,what about the DNA from the people that created this kid. That has a large bearing on how the kid turns out.
I kind of believe the uncle phill/opra crap about a child needing a parent of each s e x to have a chance at being normal but,I think it would be better for the kid to have a homos e x ual couple that loved him/her than a straight couple that kicked the s h i t out of him/her or otherwise f'd them up for any chance of being "normal".
Yep.

Last edited: