Royal Canadian Navy does the pooch again.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I have worn my uniform on Memorial Day and I will wear it again. Screw the admiral. If it was okay to wear the uniform while serving, it has to be okay to wear it while remembering those who served and didn't make it back. On the other hand, I am Air Force, not Navy, so maybe it is not a problem.......I would still wear it regardless. For those who have outgrown the uniforms, an appropriate blazer with grey flannels usually looks sharp.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
This is absolute stupidity!

The US has codified exactly when a veteran may wear a uniform, and when they can not. All patriotic holidays (Flag Day, 4th of July, Veterans Day, Memorial Day), and at any event or parade honoring veterans, and a few other rather rare places.

Why can't Canada do something like that?

Well we have some real dumb a*s*s* Officers who cannot seem to figure things out.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
This is absolute stupidity!

The US has codified exactly when a veteran may wear a uniform, and when they can not. All patriotic holidays (Flag Day, 4th of July, Veterans Day, Memorial Day), and at any event or parade honoring veterans, and a few other rather rare places.

Why can't Canada do something like that?
Maybe now they will......New rules usually come when someone challenges the old ones or the lack of rules.....
All the sidetracking and bellyaching notwithstanding........:roll: