Road rage in the Maritimes? Survey suggests N.B. drivers have worst anger issues

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
YEAH!!! THE GUY BEHIND YOU WHO HAS NO ROOM TO ACELLERATE AFTER HE HAS PILED UP BEHIND GRANDMA DRIVIN'MISS DAISY AT 50kph 20 METERS BEFORE HE HAS TO GO 120!!!

Please, please tell me that you don't REALLY drive like that?

You must be in Southern Ontario where it is a common malady.
scary ain't it

hope the upcoming cars have exceptional breaks/brakes and good leg muscles...

yeah...want to summarize your link?

I'm not reading it and then assuming what you are attempting to say

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
scary ain't it

hope the upcoming cars have exceptional breaks/brakes and good leg muscles...

yeah...want to summarize your link?

I'm not reading it and then assuming what you are attempting to say

Regardless of the terminology you have to be driving at the posted highway speed by the time you enter the highway. Can't see why anyone would want to argue about that.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

When two vehicles are travelling at vastly different velocities such as 50 and 120, there in a dramatic kinhetic energy potential difference that is transferred from one vehicle (the faster moving one) to the slower moving one when they meet at the end of the ramp/merge lane.

The net effect is that the dangerously slower moving driver is eventually eliminated from adding to the gene pool, thus strengthening the species.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Regardless of the terminology you have to be driving at the posted highway speed by the time you enter the highway. Can't see why anyone would want to argue about that.

buddy YOU were: "So W.T.F. speed would you have people driving down the ramp at? Here it is generally 50 kmh."

50 is not a posted highway speed JLM...if one is going 50 one is endangering others lives because one can in no way be up to 100 or more when one merges with the traffic

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
buddy YOU were: "So W.T.F. speed would you have people driving down the ramp at? Here it is generally 50 kmh."

50 is not a posted highway speed JLM...if one is going 50 one is endangering others lives because one can in no way be up to 100 or more when one merges with the traffic

Quebec has minimum speeds actually posted on their controlled access highways and it ain't 50.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Quebec has minimum speeds actually posted on their controlled access highways and it ain't 50.
my neighbour used to get stopped all the time for going too slow...people do not seem to understand the inherent danger of not going with the flow

that said in S ON they don't stop you for doing 20 over on the 401 and even if you are going a lot faster when they come up behind you, as long as you politely move, the cops are fine...least I've never had a problem although there were a lot out on Tuesday between Kitchener and London so we kept it at 120 for the most part

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
that's how I almost got nailed....I needed to get around some cars so I floored it and and was cruising along when out of nowhere...he was right on my tail...I pretty much resigned myself to a hefty fine....so just kept going knowing it was my own fault and pulled in when it was safe...and all I saw were his tail lights in the distance...that slowed me down for a few weeks

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I was doing 15 over yesterday on the 410 southbound and a cop car passed me as if I was standing still.....
I'm trying to wrap my head around "15 over" on the 410. I consider myself lucky to be going 15 period on that HIGHWAY, most of the time.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I'm trying to wrap my head around "15 over" on the 410. I consider myself lucky to be going 15 period on that HIGHWAY, most of the time.
I would guess it depends on what time of the day you travel, yesterday, around 11 AM, I only hit a bit of traffic, when I got to the 403.....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I will have you know New Brunswickers are sweet, kind, loving people who never mouth an angry word. Their benevolence is legendary, their pacifism inherent, their cultured attitudes taught at their parents' knee..........

So, one more word denigrating these fine people and I will hunt you down and slap your teeth straight down your throat.

In the gentlest way possible, of course.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I will have you know New Brunswickers are sweet, kind, loving people who never mouth an angry word. Their benevolence is legendary, their pacifism inherent, their cultured attitudes taught at their parents' knee..........

So, one more word denigrating these fine people and I will hunt you down and slap your teeth straight down your throat.

In the gentlest way possible, of course.

My experience in my extensive travels back and forth across Canada is that the farther East you go, the nicer and more generous the people living there are.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
How far west have you been?

My father was a westerner. I have family all over the West. Some with clout, too. The furthest West that I have been on land in Canada is the Yukon Alaska border to the West of Dawson.

The farthest East that I've experienced was sailing from small port to small port all the way around Newfoundland during the summer of 1974, in a small coastal warship. I sure met a pile of really decent Newfs. I will add, though, that it took place before their fishery was destroyed and a four century way of life was shattered. Even so, the Newfs that I meet in my travels are still decent folk. I've spent a whole lot of time in Nova Scotia, vacations on "the Island" and lots of touring around New Brunswick. I have seriously considered that I would like to retire on the Fundy shore ... maybe around Alma. My city mouse spouse might suffer, though but I have zero need for cities.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My father was a westerner. I have family all over the West. Some with clout, too. The furthest West that I have been on land in Canada is the Yukon Alaska border to the West of Dawson.

The farthest East that I've experienced was sailing from small port to small port all the way around Newfoundland during the summer of 1974, in a small coastal warship. I sure met a pile of really decent Newfs. I will add, though, that it took place before their fishery was destroyed and a four century way of life was shattered. Even so, the Newfs that I meet in my travels are still decent folk. I've spent a whole lot of time in Nova Scotia, vacations on "the Island" and lots of touring around New Brunswick. I have seriously considered that I would like to retire on the Fundy shore ... maybe around Alma. My city mouse spouse might suffer, though but I have zero need for cities.

Newfies have a great attitude, even when they don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out they are still smilin'. :)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

The hills of Albert County, NB are my family's old stomping grounds.....since 1780. I still own land there.