Not open for further replies.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
and knitting toques for the homeless.
and operating soup kitchens
and building wells so villages can have clean drinking water
and running programs like Samaritan's Purse so 3rd world kids can have Christmas gifts
and sponsoring refugee families
and operating orphanages in poor areas
and
and
and

Keep focusing on the negative, B. It doesn't mean there's no good happening.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Right Wing Bigotry Fr

anybody can do the things you've listed. Only the catholic church can cover up buggery. Or maybe not...seems they've been caught.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Anybody can, sure. But do they?

The point is, B., the Churches DO those things, therefore they qualify for charity status, making them tax exempt.

Only the Catholic Church can cover up buggery? Odd... several school districts have been pretty successful at it, too.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
In a sincere attempt to answer you question C:

Let us suppose that a same sex couple were in the market for a new home...unfortunately, there were never any homes on the market in their price range...finally, after years of searching, they come across a home that is in their price range and so they make an offer to purchase...and their offer is subsequently accepted...before signing the mortgage documents the bank asks them who will be living in the home...they reply that they will be living there as a couple, to which the loans officer responds that as a same sex couple, they are legally entitled to purchase the house, but they have no right make it their home...

SilentSwirl

Nominee Member
Mar 13, 2005
Rivendell
Hey! Why was the following removed whilst the extremely offensive post, to which it responds, was not?

Reverend Blair said:
Not much point in talking to silent swirl...he's wrong and twisted.
Ok, if you say so. Now all you need to do is prove it?

Reverend Blair said:
It's an unfortunate birth defect. Usually first cousins marrying only leads to problems like close-set eyes and idiocy. Then there are the worst-case scenarios...
Is this another one of your "five buck" points or is it an opinion based on personal observation?

Reverend Blair said:
The internet forces us to acknowledge even the worst of the species though, so I guess I will respond to mr swirl. I would admonish his family to quit breeding with each other though.
Suggest you keep my family out of our business.

Reverend Blair said:
No, it's a point. If it'll save me five bucks tomorrow, I'll melt a looney down today. Your problem is that you can only think a couple hours ahead of time.
Sounds like sound capitalism to me and it tells us that Blue is not the only one on this board who'll do anything for money. You should learn to think ahead.

Reverend Blair said:
Okay, I read the rest of his post and he has failed to produce anything else that has the validity to require a response.
OK, if you say so, but why did you respond by cowering behind insults?

Reverend Blair said:
If Swirl was a kitten, he'd be the retarded one that had to be euthanized before the other kittens killed it.
If wishes were horses beggars would ride. SilentSwirl is not a kitten, no matter how much you wish it were otherwise.

Meanwhile and back to the issue at hand, I believe the following questions remain to be answered by you...

If you don't like the competitive nature of capitalism why do you choose to live in a capitalist democracy?

In this thread and at best you are accusing Blue of being a bigoted elitist, at worst you are accusing him of promoting eugenics. Show us specific instances where Blue has stated opinions that would support this position?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Right Wing Bigotry Fr

Swirl:

I have nothing against capitalism. I know you'd like to think differently, but the fact is that I like to earn a living just like the next guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.