Rich People are Cheaters

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I keep thinking of a spoiled brat cousin who cheated at every game we played, bought exam answers through Coles Notes and has been through six divorces - all on adultery - and he's now in the upper end of RBC

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There are all kinds of cases where people who are jerks get rich that is a given. I didn't say that all
rich people are nice people. I said not all are crooks or cheats. Now do they find legal ways to get
past the loopholes to hold onto wealth? Yes of course they do, but legal loopholes are the fault of
governments who are incompetent. Using loopholes is not cheating its taking advantage of the law
as it exists. I only wish I had some serious wealth to protect and legally nurture.
I know of two or three people who cheated and scammed their way to the top like most of us but not
all are cheats. Some of the finest people I know are quite wealthy and they are not cheats. yes to
say they all are is a generalization and generalizations are based on observations in our immediate
environment and may well have nothing to do with fact.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's about ability to take calculated risks. For the cost of a pint a day, and a few hours hard research, you can sponsor yourself and an African kid into a good life. P.S. The tax credits are nice.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
DUH!!!!!

This is not news.

Some 2,000 years ago a person of some importance observed "It is easier for a camel to go through the Eye of the Needle than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Not really. CB manages to get by.

You're confused. I have em. That's why CB is so intimidated. I don't bend over to the man.

But as a Canadian, I take full responsibility for CB's (and every other disadvantaged Canadian's) testosterone deficiency.

Your fixation with my genitalia, and your homophobic insinuations, are funny.

You should probably get out more.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
"Rich people less ethical, more likely to cheat, study says | CTV News"

Old news. I remember reading studies about it years ago. Also studies suggesting that most people would cheat if they are sure they'd get away with it as well as some studies saying most people would cheat if they thought most others approved of cheating.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Her hourly wage works out to be 85 cents an hour.
FEBRUARY 29--A New York woman who lives in a 34-room, 30,000-square-foot mansion is facing a federal criminal charge related to her employment of an illegal alien who allegedly served as a domestic servant in a “forced labor situation” that included her working 17-hour days, seven days a week, and sleeping in a walk-in closet.
Feds Arrest Mansion Dweller In Servant Case | The Smoking Gun

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Her hourly wage works out to be 85 cents an hour.
FEBRUARY 29--A New York woman who lives in a 34-room, 30,000-square-foot mansion is facing a federal criminal charge related to her employment of an illegal alien who allegedly served as a domestic servant in a “forced labor situation” that included her working 17-hour days, seven days a week, and sleeping in a walk-in closet.
Feds Arrest Mansion Dweller In Servant Case | The Smoking Gun

She could be a bit of a bitch!