Religious delusions are destroying us

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Reality has proven that if God exists he clearly doesn't care.
The book about the guy says the same thing. Where people got the idea that things appear out of thin air or chain of events can be modified on demand is beyond me. It's not in the bibliography.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I balk at the idea that some unknown diety requires my praise and worship. Our so called dietys that people flock to only answer super bowl bets and the prayers of people who prey on other humans. Reality has proven that if God exists he clearly doesn't care.
The irony of religion; Two peoples with pretty much the same religious beliefs at war with each other, while each side's soldiers pray to the same god for victory. It's ridiculous.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The irony of religion; Two peoples with pretty much the same religious beliefs at war with each other, while each side's soldiers pray to the same god for victory. It's ridiculous.
You make it sound like God would assist either side, He doesn't He punishes both sides. It does serve to help keep your eyes off the ball though. The money is in moving it around more than it needs to before it is sold to consumers for as much as possible.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Could the producers of world shaking economic delusions entice the uninitiated to focus on common endemic religious delusions and thereby escape earned retribution? Look over there at the crucifixtion while I lift your purse.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
carbon tax?
I balanced it off by eating a methane farter
one should not be expected to save the planet on an empty stomach

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I don't now. Maybe, maybe not.

You are being conditioned to uncertainty.

carbon tax?
I balanced it off by eating a methane farter
one should not be expected to save the planet on an empty stomach

Natural sequestration, you should recieve credits.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
“No gods, no masters,” declared early feminist Margaret Sanger. Such is
the slogan for human dignity and reason, whether we are male or female.

Margaret Sanger was one of the great proponents of eugenics of the 20th Century.

A founder of Planned Parenthood with its primary purpose of limiting undesirable races, ethnicities, 'criminal propensities', or low expectations by way of intelligence, origins or social status.. through the use of contraception and abortion. Her organization continues her legacy to this day as the leading provider of abortions. She stands on a par with Hitler as authoring one of the great holocausts of our time.

Great role model, Tay. And of course the eradication of religion is imperative to remove any moral sentiments in imposing a culture of death for the unworthy and genetic purification for those deemed to be worthy of life. Heil Margaret.

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Margaret Sanger was one of the great proponents of eugenics of the 20th Century.

A founder of Planned Parenthood with its primary purpose of limiting undesirable races, ethnicities, 'criminal propensities', or low expectations by way of intelligence, origins or social status.. through the use of contraception and abortion. Her organization continues her legacy to this day as the leading provider of abortions. She stands on a par with Hitler as authoring one of the great holocausts of our time.

Great role model, Tay. And of course the eradication of religion is imperative to remove any moral sentiments in imposing a culture of death for the unworthy and genetic purification. Heil Margaret.
Always am bewildered when folks think that without religion, there would be no morality.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Always am bewildered when folks think that without religion, there would be no morality.

I think it's the same for some people who drink to excess at every social gathering. They figure they're not good enough sober, so at least drunk they can blame it on alcohol.

Those who believe without religion there'd be no morality believe this because otherwise they'd need to take responsibility for their behavior and life choices instead of saying "it's gods plan for me".

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Morality as an absolute definition of Good and Evil will always be a product of religion. Without religion you are left with Moral Relativism.. which is no morality at all, just subjective self interest.. without responsibility.. to society or to God.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Actually when it comes to thoughts about religion, I think we have been conditioned to a certainty. I know very few religious people who don't think they've got it all figured out. Like you sir. :).

You have been conditioned to think that I think I know everything when in fact everyone of my long time fellow posters knows for sure that I am like them and know just about nothing. Would it help you in your conditioning regime if I confessed right now here in front of millions of readers at Double C that I am an ignorant person fresh outa da deepest dark forest. I can barely tie my own shoes and need help with elevators. You Sir think you have me figured out and I only wish I could verify your conclusions. Sadly I cannot, you are stuck with your impressions, may God save you and grant you the rest your troubled mind surely deserves.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I think it's the same for some people who drink to excess at every social gathering. They figure they're not good enough sober, so at least drunk they can blame it on alcohol.

Those who believe without religion there'd be no morality believe this because otherwise they'd need to take responsibility for their behavior and life choices instead of saying "it's gods plan for me".
Yeah. You know I've seen positive aspects of religion, food banks and charitable organizations, and the negative which history records and most everyone who can read is aware of. I suppose without the handbook with it's list of sins people think we wouldn't know what is or isn't moral and we'd be just a pack of barbarians. The truth is though, I've seen more barbaric acts in the name of religion than in secular societies. I'm not an atheist but cannot really explain in a way that would make any sense what I believe. Who or whatever is responsible for our existence could not be definable in my mind anyway. Much too big. One thing I do believe is that morality, however you may define it, must be something that is a natural part of us and not defined by a load of words written by men.

You have been conditioned to think that I think I know everything when in fact everyone of my long time fellow posters knows for sure that I am like them and know just about nothing. Would it help you in your conditioning regime if I confessed right now here in front of millions of readers at Double C that I am an ignorant person fresh outa da deepest dark forest. I can barely tie my own shoes and need help with elevators. You Sir think you have me figured out and I only wish I could verify your conclusions. Sadly I cannot, you are stuck with your impressions, may God save you and grant you the rest your troubled mind surely deserves.
That's where you're wrong Darkrodentwithflattail. I don't have anything figured out other than I can't make sense of what you have to say 75% of the time. This is the internet. A one dimensional thing. I have no impressions of you whatsoever. So you can rest assured that whatever weird shyt you type in here, is taken with a grain of salt on this end. Simply because I probably don't know what the hell you're talking about.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Yeah. You know I've seen positive aspects of religion, food banks and charitable organizations, and the negative which history records and most everyone who can read is aware of. I suppose without the handbook with it's list of sins people think we wouldn't know what is or isn't moral and we'd be just a pack of barbarians. The truth is though, I've seen more barbaric acts in the name of religion than in secular societies. I'm not an atheist but cannot really explain in a way that would make any sense what I believe. Who or whatever is responsible for our existence could not be definable in my mind anyway. Much too big. One thing I do believe is that morality, however you may define it, must be something that is a natural part of us and not defined by a load of words written by men.

That's where you're wrong Darkrodentwithflattail. I don't have anything figured out other than I can't make sense of what you have to say 75% of the time. This is the internet. A one dimensional thing. I have no impressions of you whatsoever. So you can rest assured that whatever weird shyt you type in here, is taken with a grain of salt on this end. Simply because I probably don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Thankyou for reinforceing my wrongness. You have told a tiny white lie though haven't you? How is it you converse with one who has made no impression upon you? May God forgive you. I already have. hahahahaha

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
All us barbarians without religion are all going to hell for not believing the religious who like to pontificate on our demise cuz we don't think they know what they are talking about and that pisses god off. Did I get that right frigidstream?