R-Governor of Georgia - doing the right thing

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Another thing about METCO which I thought was great story.

One lily white town was sick of losing in football every year to another lily white town that always seem to have about 5 fantastic "METCO" kids. You know... the RB's, LB's, DB's. So the losing coach asked...

"Ok... you have METCO kids. How many METCO kids do you have in Grades K though Middle School?"

The answer was an astounding "None"

So he contacted the people that run METCO and they said...

"Why we had no idea! They certainly need to start taking METCO students into Elementary to Middle School!"

The School System with the winning football team thought otherwise.

They don't win as many football games as they used to.

You'll note that I didn't just correct your spelling, I also addressed the substance of your post.

I would not expect a lawyer from Oklahoma you to know anymore about the Boston Forced Busing Problems/Riots than what was fed to you on the news every night.

If you'd like me to stop (either one), just say the word.

Nah... I am always open to constructive criticism.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You're kidding, right? You think civil rights and the whole busing controversy isn't a major topic in law school?

I am curious to know if you were taught both sides of the issue? Every narrative or documentary I've seen or read about was racist white people not wanting black kids being bused to their neighborhoods. Did you learn something other than that?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I am curious to know if you were taught both sides of the issue? Every narrative or documentary I've seen or read about was racist white people not wanting black kids being bused to their neighborhoods. Did you learn something other than that?
I was taught the law. I read the cases, which of course included summaries of both sides' arguments.

I learned there's plenty of racists around. But I already knew that.

I also learned there's plenty of folk willing to accuse others of racism when that accusation is shaky at best. But I already knew that too.

What I still don't understand is why so many people get so upset about what people say about them. Guess I never will, if I ain't figured it out by now.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What I still don't understand is why so many people get so upset about what people say about them. Guess I never will, if I ain't figured it out by now.

Well in the case of South Boston, Dorchester, and Charlestown they were people just as poor fighting to keep their kids from being bused across the city to sh*tty schools and were being called racist by people in wealthy abutting cities and towns who had already made sure that their kids would neither be bused or have to accept kids from Boston.

Anyhow, in the end busing was a failure and the school system in Boston was pretty much destroyed.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well in the case of South Boston, Dorchester, and Charlestown they were people just as poor fighting to keep their kids from being bused across the city to sh*tty schools and were being called racist by people in wealthy abutting cities and towns who had already made sure that their kids would neither be bused or have to accept kids from Boston.
And you know as well as I do many of them were, and are, racist. And that probably had something to do with their upset. Then there were the ones whose only concern was their kids being bused.

Anyhow, in the end busing was a failure and the school system in Boston was pretty much destroyed.
And I've read some stats that say things (not just in Boston) are even more segregated now.

Don't know, myself. I guess if I had gone to a local school instead of the Indian school there woulda been more "diversity." But it being an all-Indian student body ain't why Chilocco sucked.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And you know as well as I do many of them were, and are, racist. And that probably had something to do with their upset. Then there were the ones whose only concern was their kids being bused.

Oh there certainly were. There was racism in all of the Boston neighborhoods as well as the surrounding cities and towns.

And I've read some stats that say things (not just in Boston) are even more segregated now.

More so now than they ever were in Boston.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
All you have to do to tie the voting religious, and then the voting non religious up in knots while you slip the real das turdly stuff through is put the LBGT thing out there. ( gun control and open borders/amnesty work also)

Keeps the peeps minds off the important stuff like freetrade, the TTP, aid to certain nuclear armed and won't sign the NNPT cantries which makes the aid ILLEGAL, the ILLEGAL wars, and the ILLEGAL banking, and the ILLEGAL state department, the screw the vets after they fight the ILLEGAL wars, the ILLEGAL stealing of all the pension funds, the ILLEGAL privately owned central bank/bailouts/bailins ...etc

...and just like "FOOTBALL in the GROIN" the sheepies fall for it again, and again, and again

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
You got it exactly right. They came out of the woodwork. Meaning for decades or centuries they put up with feeling uncomfortable and out of place, up to and including the point of suicide, because people who are comfortable in their biological sex would discriminate against them, jail them, beat them, and murder them.

Then they got tired of it.

There is an element of that. You will always have an extreme fringe. But to judge LGBTQ people by the acting-out fringe is like judging straight people by the slobbering morons screaming that all gays should be shot.

Clearly you're not the only one who feels that way. It's a trend at the moment. It was repressed for so long that now that it's out, it's getting a lot of attention. It'll die down over time, and transgenders'll just be another normal variation.

And that'll be our ultimate revenge on the drama queens. I once said to a "marriage equality activist," "What're you gonna do for attention when we legalize gay marriage?"

Well, now I know.

But just because the "activists" are annoying don't mean there ain't a real problem.

The problem is that according to some, young children are "identifying" as the opposite sex - really? You're stating that they've been in the so-called "closet" for years and are now coming out - I can see that for the Caitlans of the world but 6 year olds? Give me a break! It's social engineering to the umpth degree and its disgusting.

Again, (and I'll emphasize) that there may be those out there who identify as being "transgendered" (whatever the hell that is) but I refuse to accept that 6 year olds can and that we have to simply accept that. I won't until that "6 year old" is old enough to decide for him/herself without the influence of some self-proclaimed ideologue who feels you can do what ever you want with no consequences..

JMHO