Questioning what happened on 9/11

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Re: RE: Questioning what happened on 9/11

jimmoyer said:
Here comes the righteous conjecture.

God forbid if you committed a crime, but didn't commit the next one. You're gonna pay for this crime too.
Mob Justice.

Answer - is that American justice??? What exactly are you referring to in this post?

labling something (ie. righteous conjecture) is not the same as responding to it. It's just a tired tool of the propagandist. Make a stand, take a position, provide grist for debate, respond to an opinion, but don't use platitudes to avoid dialogue

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
You're doing a lot of preaching, my poison pen pal friend.

"Righteous conjecture" was my response to #juan's "Are you really that naive?"

You called me a liar, a propagandist and insinuated a CIA connection, all because I didn't agree with your conclusions.

I'm okay with some ad hominen loving here, but sheeesh, PoisonPete2, if you want to argue out all the points you too got to be able to handle a little better someone who disagrees with you.

But then could you laugh with me a little bit ? I'm telling a guy named PoisonPete2 to lighten up a little !!!

Alberta'sfinest

Electoral Member
Dec 9, 2005
RE: Questioning what happ

I'll tell you my theory. The government found out about the plot to crash the planes and they needed a scapegoat. They needed a major disaster and the planes would not give the effect they needed. So they rigged the buildings to blow up so that they would get they're desired effect. Why? Most people don't know this but we are in an oil crisis. Oil production and demand are almost equal right now, and eventually production increases will level off within this decade while demand will continue to rise. As soon as demand rises above supply by a certain amount, we'll start to see exponential inflation of oil, or hyperinflation as it's commonly known. Since oil is intertwined with the global economy, we'll see economic collapse because of this. To worsen this situation, many of the countries that control the worlds oil supplies, like Iraq, hate the western world. Once oil peaks, it'll no longer be worthwhile to sell their oil to the west, but our demand for it will continue since our countries can't survive without it. Our only hope would be to remove the governments that don't like us and replace them with democratic puppet governments and make trade deals so that they'll be held accountable if they try and cut us off and crash our economies. Considering that Al-queada has it written in their training manual to target our economies to bring us down, it's not a question that the government would make this connection. What we should be doing is developing a sustainable way of living and cut down and eventually all but eliminate oil usage. The problem is that no nation wants to take this first step because our countries are run by rich elitests, and doing this will also hurt our economies. Countries don't want to take these steps unless every country in the world does, because it's a " if we can't have it, they can't either" mentality. The reason we have this mentality is because the last country to do this will have the strongest economy in the world and become the next superpower. Since the middle east and us Canadians have the majority of the worlds reserves, these countries would almost instantly become the most powerful nations in the world. Countries like china and india won't go along with it either, as it would end their dream of first world living conditions. The US didn't want to let the middle east gain this ability to blackmail the western world, so the two most effected countries by peak oil invaded Iraq for oil, and afghanistan to regain access for a pipeline after the taliban decided to pull out of the deal because the US didn't come through on their promises after Afghanistan was liberated from russian forces. The whole cold war was about establishing dominance over territory necessary for the establishment of a pipeline to link communist and capitalist countries to oil.
Now, what significant event allowed for all of this to happen? 9/11 attacks and it's spawning of the "war on terror". It's just a big rouse to try and keep the US' dominance over the world. The ironic part, is that because of the worlds inability to co-operate on making the changes necessary to our survival, it will most likely draw us into the largest and most violent war in our history, destroying everything that we are trying so hard to protect. Gee, I wonder if this was the reason why greed is a mortal sin.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005

jimmoyer said:
You're doing a lot of preaching, my poison pen pal friend.

Answer - no, just seeking real dialogue
---------------------------------------------------
jimmoyer said:
"Righteous conjecture" was my response to #juan's "Are you really that naive?"

Answer - labeling is a dismissal of a position. It is not a response to the ideas of that position. Now what the hell has naivity got to do with it?

-----------------------------------------------------
jimmoyer said:
You called me a liar, a propagandist and insinuated a CIA connection, all because I didn't agree with your conclusions.

Answer - no, I will call you a liar when you provide information that you know to be false. I will call you a propagandist when you take a position expressed by others that does not have a basis in fact. If you disagree with my conclusions, then refrute them using some semblence of logic such as outlining where my conclusions are in error, or where they don't match the known facts.

-------------------------------------
jimmoyer said:
I'm okay with some ad hominen loving here, but sheeesh, PoisonPete2, if you want to argue out all the points you too got to be able to handle a little better someone who disagrees with you.

Answer - so do not use ad hominem rather than a cogent response to the position taken. Provide sustance rather than air.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Personally I like what george carlin has to say on the subject of conspiracy theories :p

"People make fun of anyone who believes in conspiracy now, that there might actually be powerful people with money who occasionally have plans they make that they don't tell anybody about. It's absurd not to believe they do. They do-they do it all the time. And a lot of them don't need meetings: They all went to the same schools, they belong to the same clubs, they buy the same stocks, they have the same interests, they play golf in the same place, they all want the same outcome. They don't have to have a meeting all the time. They know if somebody ought to be dead, that person will be f***ing dead."

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Re: RE: Questioning what happ

Alberta'sfinest said:
I'll tell you my theory. ]

Answer - exellent post. really enjoyed it. Worth mapping out and plugging the pieces together.

One interesting tidbid is how quickly the U.S. moved from constrination over Iraq's 'foot dragging' in compliance with the inspection demands, to a war footing based on the 'fact' that Iraq could attack within 45 minutes. Now, no Nation wants the flagrant violation of its sovereignty by bowing to inspection of its lands. But Iraq was consistently moving toward full compliance.

What could have possibly caused that jarring jump to invasion?

Saddam announced that he would only accept the Euro as the currency of exchange in the 'oil for food' program. This was against a U.S. requirement forced on the Middle East in 1974 making the US dollar the currency of exchange for all oil trading. This is the very underpinning of US economic dominance in the world.

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
Colpy said:
I have a suggestion. If you think this was a conspiracy, consult your shrink.

Large doses of mind altering drugs may help your paranoia.

I always thought lefties were nuts. Now you guys are proving it.

First of all, I'm not a lefty,

Large doses of mind altering drugs may help your paranoia.
That's just what we need, more people who can't think, dumbed down so they will never question anything. Brilliant!

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
Re: RE: Questioning what happ

moghrabi said:
I hope the believers in Bush's theory can see the light. But i doubt it. A blind person can't see even if they try.

Bravo mogh! also if the blind follow the blind they'll both fall in a ditch!

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Did the Bush Administration Lie to Congress and the 9/11 Commission?

A teaser:

One of the more puzzling mysteries of 9-11 is what ever happened to the flight recorders of the two planes that hit the World Trade Center towers. Now it appears that they may not be missing at all.

Counterpunch has learned that the FBI has them.

Flight recorders (commonly known as black boxes, though these days they are generally bright orange) are required on all passenger planes. There are always two-a flight data recorder that keeps track of a plane's speed, altitude, course and maneuvers, and a cockpit voice recorder which keeps a continuous record of the last 30 minutes of conversation inside a plane's cockpit. These devices are constructed to be extremely durable, and are installed in a plane's tail section, where they are least likely suffer damaged on impact. They are designed to withstand up to 30 minutes of 1800-degree heat (more than they would have faced in the twin towers crashes), and to survive a crash at full speed into the ground. [/teaser]

Click link above for the rest.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

jimmoyer said:
There are abuses by both conspiracy deniers and conspiracy believers.

I tend towards the belief that most conspiracies fail because I believe in the ultimate incompetence of every project ever tried.

The same conspiracy theorists rail mightily against the clumsiness of government, yet paradoxically believe how competent they are in any nefarious deed.

I find this amazingly inconsistent.

Please explain to me Jim, how the incompetence of the SS prevented Hitler from achieving his goals...

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now