Question about US culture.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I carry a handgun a lot of the time......and I haven't shot anyone for having their hands in their pockets.......yet.

Your a criminal. For all your right wing thinking , you are a gun toting criminal. I truly hope you get busted for it one day or at least have an accidental discharge.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Your a criminal. For all your right wing thinking , you are a gun toting criminal. I truly hope you get busted for it one day or at least have an accidental discharge.

No, I'm not a criminal. I carry a gun on the job, which is an armoured car guard. I also teach armed self-defense to guards. I'm licensed and gov-t vetted to the eyeballs. Silly bureaucrats. :)

Seriously, one of the hardest things to get across to people is NOT to look other people in the face, but to watch their hands. People with their hands inside their coats or in big, parka-style pockets make me a little nervous.

BTW, I don't consider just carrying a gun to be at all "criminal", although it is usually illegal. I know a few guys that carry handguns in the woods when they are hunting.......and that is illegal in Canada.

Reactions: hermanntrude

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Hey Colpy ....

You just demonstrated you are the right kind of man to have possession of a firearm....when you answered that lame accusation from ROM with a controlled and level response.....Well done!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hey Colpy ....

You just demonstrated you are the right kind of man to have possession of a firearm....when you answered that lame accusation from ROM with a controlled and level response.....Well done!

Thanks Curio.....very kind words indeed.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I carry a handgun a lot of the time......and I haven't shot anyone for having their hands in their pockets.......yet.

First, I will apologize as I did not realize he was legal to carry because of his job. Although no where in his post does he state that he carries as part of his job. If it is part of your job in armed forces , police or security I think it would be best to state as such.

Second, I still think that gun toting criminals should at least once in their life suffer an accidental discharge in to their groin. Might save some innocent persons life.

Third, if it is a felony, it is also criminal. I smoke marijuana, am I engaging in criminal activity? You bet your ass I am. I must deal with bikers and grow op operators. I am subsidizing their criminal activities. I realize this dillema and it does cause me concern. In fact as of late I am seriously consider giving it up. For health and ethical reasons. I do wish the gov would allow me to grow 4 plants or so to supply myself with personal but that is not likely to happen within the forseeable future.

Carry a handgun while hunting? What a high powered rifle or shotgun is not enough fire power? All the hunters I know carry a very large knife to finish of wounded game even to size of moose.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
First, I will apologize as I did not realize he was legal to carry because of his job. Although no where in his post does he state that he carries as part of his job. If it is part of your job in armed forces , police or security I think it would be best to state as such.

Second, I still think that gun toting criminals should at least once in their life suffer an accidental discharge in to their groin. Might save some innocent persons life.

Third, if it is a felony, it is also criminal. I smoke marijuana, am I engaging in criminal activity? You bet your ass I am. I must deal with bikers and grow op operators. I am subsidizing their criminal activities. I realize this dillema and it does cause me concern. In fact as of late I am seriously consider giving it up. For health and ethical reasons. I do wish the gov would allow me to grow 4 plants or so to supply myself with personal but that is not likely to happen within the forseeable future.

Carry a handgun while hunting? What a high powered rifle or shotgun is not enough fire power? All the hunters I know carry a very large knife to finish of wounded game even to size of moose.

Apology accepted........ :)

My only point is a lot of things are illegal that decent people do without causing harm......jay walking, dope smoking, carrying a pistol in the woods.

Not a big deal.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I get wound up on gun threads. I can so appreciate the techy toy aspect and a single shot 22 match type pistol would be a hoot. But handguns for protection.......................gets me all wound up big time.

silky

Electoral Member
Nov 24, 2006
z4.invisionfree.com
Dex: Thanks about expressing your experiences with the common American citizen. By and large I do think we are friendly and curtious, please don't view the average citizen of the US by our morphed government, CFR, or corporate moguls.

Re: carrying guns with the fashion trend of tight blue jeans just doesn't fly for the average US citizen, however, baggy pants "gang bangers" is another story, that is a time to be self defensive. Of course, logistics has a great deal to do with trusting people in the US that maybe carrying like in East LA or any metro area where the social, ecominic, and moral level is low. It is really a common sense issue. That being said, in the current time of progressive multi-culturalism, uncontrolled illegal alien immigration and non assimilation has created a milieu insecure and progressive tension.

Arizona being so closed to the border and it's citizens so vunerable to many of the illegals aliens, human and drug smugglers, and gangs ... we are allowed to carry a non- concealed hand weapon. I do not live in the high risk areas, my house is in a gated golf course walled community 20 miles north of Tucson with a low crime level. Nevertheless, I do carry a non concealed hand weapon while driving, and next month I am going thru training course to get a concealed weapon license. Quite frankly, we are considering moving to Australia or New Zealand, because the country I grew up in has changed drastically, and not for the better.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
What's wrong with coming to Canada? NZ would be cooler than Australia. Australia I think is flirting with the right a bit more these days I think. Then again so is Canada. But we will swing back left soon enough. The liberals have made up 70% of Canada's goverments so far.

silky

Electoral Member
Nov 24, 2006
z4.invisionfree.com
What's wrong with coming to Canada? NZ would be cooler than Australia. Australia I think is flirting with the right a bit more these days I think. Then again so is Canada. But we will swing back left soon enough. The liberals have made up 70% of Canada's goverments so far.
Rom: I seriously considered Canada because I love the mountains, what grand landscapes you have absolutely awe inspiring. The problem is Canada's winters, I am warm blooded having lived in southern Calif most of my professional life, and recently (2 yrs.) AZ. Canada is very attractive, however, the increasing potential of a NAU is another consideration, because if it does happen then it will only be a matter of time before CA is invaded from South America too, sorry didn't mean to go off thread, but the issues are related.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yeah, and lookit the mess we're in. But the scenery's great, so are the people (not the pols but the Joe and Jane Lunchbucket types).

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Rom: I seriously considered Canada because I love the mountains, what grand landscapes you have absolutely awe inspiring. The problem is Canada's winters, I am warm blooded having lived in southern Calif most of my professional life, and recently (2 yrs.) AZ. Canada is very attractive, however, the increasing potential of a NAU is another consideration, because if it does happen then it will only be a matter of time before CA is invaded from South America too, sorry didn't mean to go off thread, but the issues are related.
You'd probably like VanIsle. Mild winters, great scenery, etc. if you can tolerate the barges back and forth to the mainland, you'd be okay.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
There is no NAU in the works. Isolationist scare mongers may have some Americans believe that but I can assure you Canada has absolutely no intention of joining with the US in any sort of union. Check out a map and see how far south southern Ontario extends into the states. We are about level with NorCal. The Great Lakes moderates our weather. i do wish we had Edmontonian or Calgary winters here but we don't. New York state gets more snow and Michigan is way colder.