Public banishment order

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Do I have to list all the open invitations to all the Pow Wow's, across the country?

lol.... I'm sorry but it's laughable to think of my nervous mother in law who's scared of her own shadow jumping into a cultural experience that she's not familiar with. She panics when she sees my neighbours in their burkas... lol. Trust me, I'm not saying that the native people are at fault here, just, it would be sad to see what little fellowship and chance to learn, that there is in that community, disappear.

The RCC has not apologized, and refuses to tell the concerned where the bodies are.

I doubt 'the RCC' knows where the bodies are. This is half the problem with moving forward, when it comes to priests especially, most of the people who did the deed and know, are dead and gone. BTW, why the focus on Catholicism? Do you not hold the other churches responsible too? I know the diocese where I grew up had to pay out a small reparation for nvolvement in the residential school system, but, the Anglican church was nearly broken, as they're the ones who ran it.

An interesting little bit I turned up in looking into what you were discussing. Not much comfort or help I'm sure, but, a look into the church politics involved.
Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops - Apology on Residential Schools by the Catholic Church

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
lol.... I'm sorry but it's laughable to think of my nervous mother in law who's scared of her own shadow jumping into a cultural experience that she's not familiar with. She panics when she sees my neighbours in their burkas... lol. Trust me, I'm not saying that the native people are at fault here, just, it would be sad to see what little fellowship and chance to learn, that there is in that community, disappear.
1, Your mother in law, isn't really an accurate gauge of the general public.

2, There's no reason the Church has to turn away First Nations at facilities outside the res.

I doubt 'the RCC' knows where the bodies are. This is half the problem with moving forward, when it comes to priests especially, most of the people who did the deed and know, are dead and gone. BTW, why the focus on Catholicism?
Besides the fact that the Anglican Church of Canada, already gave an apology? If I was having this discussion with an Anglican, I would place my focus there.

Do you not hold the other churches responsible too?
Yep. At least the United and Anglican Churches as a whole, made a full apology. Not a legal beagle written, empty, hollow writ of 'sorrow'.

An interesting little bit I turned up in looking into what you were discussing. Not much comfort or help I'm sure, but, a look into the church politics involved.
Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops - Apology on Residential Schools by the Catholic Church
Yes, I'm well aware of how the RCC protects itself, and it's vast assets, by making each diocese, autonomous entities. That still operate by policy written in the Vatican. Where tributes are sent. Where issues of great concern are dealt with.

Besides the fact that pyramid schemes are supposed to be illegal in Canada. I'm not at all convinced that each Diocese, is as autonomous, as the paper work would make appear.

The RCC as a whole, owes an apology.