Protesters outside court as Rigby's killers due to be sentenced

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
." They'll live better than a significant portion of your population.

Except they'll have to sleep with one eye open every night to make sure they don't get shived (or butt****ed) by their cellmate. They'll have to be careful so that they don't get boiling water poured over them should they get a job in the kitchen (this is what happened not long ago to child killer Ian Huntley). They'll have to check their food for broken glass. They'll have to watch they don't get attacked by 20 burly guys in the corridor (and that's just the guards).

They are going to be experiencing living hell for decades to come, a much worse punishment than executing them.

Plus, these guys want to be martyred anyway. They want to die rather than be in prison. We should not give them that satisfaction.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I have to imagine that becoming martyrs was what they set out to do in the first place, so some dramatic killing of them would probably just further their goals.

Keep em locked up and out of sight.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
They're probably innocent. Just stupid patsys for limey street theater.

Yeah. Those videos of Adebolajo carrying a bloody knife whilst ranting and raving with Drummer Rigby's body lying in the road in the background are all fakes made by GCHQ.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
They've got bored with the daft 9/11 conspiracies so now the nutcases are starting on the Rigby killing.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
45 Years minimum in a British Super Max. If it's like the one in Florence, Colorado it involves solitary confinement for 23 hours a day.. isolation from other inmates.. and systematic sensory deprivation. It'll grind down even the most zealous of religious enthusiasms.

Strikes me as more constructive than making them martyrs to Islam. It looked to me like they intended to be gunned down before capture.. all caught on camera.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
45 Years minimum in a British Super Max. If it's like the one in Florence, Colorado it involves solitary confinement for 23 hours a day.. isolation from other inmates.. and systematic sensory deprivation. It'll grind down even the most zealous of religious enthusiasms.

Strikes me as more constructive than making them martyrs to Islam. It looked to me like they intended to be gunned down before capture.. all caught on camera.

Ironically, HMP Belmarsh, a Category A prison, was built in 1991 on the site of the Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, which carried out armaments manufacture, ammunition proofing and explosives research for the British armed forces at a site on the south bank of the River Thames.

London football giant Arsenal was founded at the Royal Arsenal before they moved from Woolwich to their current home in Holloway (the site of another London prison) in the London Borough of Islington in North London.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I've heard horror stories about working in Woolwich danger buildings in air raids....

The Royal Arsenal was caught up in the Blitz on 7 September 1940 and after several attacks the fuze factory was destroyed and the filling factory and a light gun factory badly damaged. Explosive filling work ceased on the site, but the production of guns, shells, cartridge cases and bombs continued. In September 1940, prior to the raid, some 32,500 people worked there; but after the raid this dropped to 19,000. The numbers employed on site had increased by February 1943, with 23,000 employed, but by August 1945 were down to 15,000.103 people were killed and 770 injured, during 25 raids, by bombs, V-1 flying bombs and V-2 rockets. The staff of the Chemical Inspectorate, working with explosives, were evacuated in early September 1940. Shortly afterwards one of the Frog Island buildings was destroyed by bombing and another damaged. The laboratories were partially re-occupied in 1945 and fully re-occupied by 1949.

Royal Arsenal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Notice the dive into obscurity, where are the crime scene piks of the beheaded soldier?

Lee Rigby trial: police interview with Michael Adebolajo released - YouTube

CCTV footage shows the moments before Lee Rigby was run over by a car in Woolwich - YouTube

Fight: After sentencing began the two killers shouted at Mr Justice Sweeney in protest at his remarks and were pinned to the ground by several security guards and taken back to the cells

Taken away head first: Mr Justice Sweeney was forced to sentence the men in their absence after they were bundled out of the courtroom following their violent outburst

Court sketch: In extraordinary scenes, the two Muslim extremists yelled 'Allahu Akbar' and 'You (Britain) and America will never be safe' during their sentencing at the court in Central London

Read more: Lee Rigby killers Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale sentenced to life | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
"Court sketch: In extraordinary scenes, the two Muslim extremists yelled 'Allahu Akbar' and 'You (Britain) and America will never be safe' during their sentencing at the court in Central London"

That's probably quite true. The perps will pay for it, though.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Too bad your country, all put together, can't come up with the testicles to hang murderers.

It's not the hanging murderers that bugs people, so much as hanging the innocent. I mean, I'm sure it took a lot of balls to hang them witches in Salem (or in England), but I don't think testicular fortitude became the issue ultimately, so much as the fact the women hanged were not guilty.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's not the hanging murderers that bugs people, so much as hanging the innocent. I mean, I'm sure it took a lot of balls to hang them witches in Salem (or in England), but I don't think testicular fortitude became the issue ultimately, so much as the fact the women hanged were not guilty.
So don't hang the innocent. There.

For simple solutions to tough problems, I'm your man.