ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Even the Whitehouse watches al Jazeera:
Washington Embraces Al Jazeera | The Nation

al Jazeera's Code of Ethics:
Code of Ethics - About us - Al Jazeera English

In fact if it wasn't for al Jazeera, we wouldn't have seen nearly as many images regarding the Egyptian revolution. If you weren't watching al Jazeera, you never saw the revolution unfold live...

Is there a choice, al Jazeera is about the only source of news of any kind coming out of the Arab area. If they abide by their code of ethics, it would be good. Hey the NY Times is supposed to be reliable and look at the garbage they have been caught printing.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No conspiracy. Just lots of Jews in the media and a media that isn't exactly vocal on the political actions of both USA and Israel. Why would a substancial ethnic influence in the media and enertainment need to conspire?

Who are these Jews and what media organizations do they run?

I don't believe it is just over power plants, more to do with hindering social and political advances that the 'west' find hurts the way they prefer to see things run. That was the agenda back in '53 and the ones that ran things back then did not lose the hand on the reign entirely. To see the difference you would have to have an alternative where the way things were progressing in '53 would have continued without any outside interference other than which country would supply the hardware for what used to be considered luxuries. If things seem to be in upheaval today that is because this is about 60 years for US involvement in an attempt to 'own them'. For the other three I haven't seen any material about the inner workings, that to any great degree. That applies to the Congo too so that doesn't mean they weren't hot beds of human rights abuses, areas when the US was the dominant force in who laid down what was acceptable and what was not. It's called 'doing it on the cheap' when it comes to getting raw materials and giving weapons to 1% of the population and 10 bags of money to split is the solution to maximizing profits for the Western Corporations.

Are you explaining why the United States and Israel pay more attention to Iran or are you explaining why the media does? It looks to me like the former, but I honestly can't say for sure. I don't really know what you're trying to say in this post.

The United States and Iran are mutually hostile to each other. As are Israel and Iran. The media pays attention to Iran because this hostility is important to international affairs. When the leaders of these countries comment on each other, that's news. Iran developing nuclear weapons would totally change the dynamic. When the international community attempts to manage this, it's news. In 2009, Iran experienced large scale protests over a disputed election that turned to violence. That's news.

Libya is in the news when it does stuff that's important news. The Lockerbie bomber getting released was news. Libya giving up its WMD programs was news.

Hardly anything really happens in Bahrain. It's not that important a country. Nor is Yemen, though recently Yemen has been in the news a lot for being a breeding ground for terrorism. Terrorism is news.

Obviously there is bias in the media. Part of that bias is choosing more sensationalist news and news that effects or interests the world or the country the media organization is in. You aren't going to see "BREAKING NEWS: Saudi Arabia is a theocracy." Sometimes you see these in depth reports in news magazines or special weekend editions, but if you want to count how many stories a news organization runs on a specific country or event, obviously the count will be biased towards news events that are changing day to day and therefore require more stories. For two weeks straight the only thing you heard on the news was Egypt. I heard nothing about Uzbekistan. Why do you think that is?

The most obvious answer that you all should have immediately given is that the media pays more attention to Iran because more newsworthy things happen in Iran.

I'd describe it more like an exclusive club of wealthy powerful people who cooperate.

An exclusive club of wealthy powerful people who co-operate to advance a Zionist agenda and these people are Jews? They control the media right? Do they manufacture wars and finance them? Can you combine this with MHz's statement that they are trying to hinder social and political progress?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'd rather you poked around a little and then come and tell me why I'm wrong. Why did you ditch the "conspiracy" angle?

That's not how it works. You made the statement. The burden of proof is on you.

And I didn't drop the conspiracy angle. You did. You said that you don't think it's a conspiracy. It's more of a coincidental convergent of views that the media all support Israel. If you don't believe it's a conspiracy and I don't believe it's a conspiracy, why would I go on about conspiracy?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I have answered your questions.

You didn't answer these questions:

An exclusive club of wealthy powerful people who co-operate to advance a Zionist agenda and these people are Jews? They control the media right? Do they manufacture wars and finance them? Can you combine this with MHz's statement that they are trying to hinder social and political progress?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I never wrote that.

I wrote:
I'd describe it more like an exclusive club of wealthy powerful people who cooperate.

And you never answered my question:
Do you think our news reports accurately and objectively regarding US and Israeli adversaries?

MHz and I aren't the same person. I suggest you try not to twist or distort what I wrote... Quote me accurately and I won't write you off as a troll and stop debating you.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
The media is a very powerful weapon, does it manufacture wars - No. Does it manipulate what we read about wars defiantly. Can it influence the outcome of a war defiantly. But it is not any one ethnic or religious group, what it is, that it is politically motivated depending on the political mood at the time.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
The demonstrators in Tehran today are pro-Govt.

There have been far bigger pro government demonstrations in Iran over the past few years. While the far right media in the USA refuses to report that truth, BBC has reported this several times.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Are you asking me if I think it is intentional? I'm quite sure Iran is getting the same treatment Cuba got when she revolted against the US.
Here is a clip from one of the newest vids that I would peg as US propaganda from the very start right through to the very end. In this cpip at about the 1:25 mark there is footage of the revolt in 1979. What they fail to mention is no matter how bad things were after the 'revolution' the less important people were better off under what was a CIA sanctioned Dictator for the previous 25 odd years. Had that not been a brutal one there would have been no revolt let alone the hostage incident. In the full version the hostage incident is given as the whitewashed US version that the hostages only got released because Regan came to power. The US was paying Iran not to release them until that very day. (Iran/Contra scandal) That's two falsifications right there so why would that not get the whole film labeled 'pure propaganda'?

Yep, it is so far-out that the Iranian Embassy in Ottawa risked a diplomatic incident in a futile attempt to prevent it being shown.

Which means it is probably dead-on.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Are you explaining why the United States and Israel pay more attention to Iran or are you explaining why the media does? It looks to me like the former, but I honestly can't say for sure. I don't really know what you're trying to say in this post.
Why couldn't it be both, the US and Israel pay a lot more time meddling in the internal workings of Iran than they do in other countries or that they would be comfortable if Iran was involved in their Nations using any/all of the same techniques that have already been used inside Iran as promoted by proxies for the US and Israel.
The Media is a tag along for the Gov inside the US, international news might actually be more truthful than some would like it to be. Not meaning Iran, there wasn't any attempt to hide the vid. If the opposition have rallies that have death chants as the theme don't expect them to last very long and the ones who have their names on the permits will be arrested and charged with treason and hanged if found guilty.

The United States and Iran are mutually hostile to each other. As are Israel and Iran. The media pays attention to Iran because this hostility is important to international affairs. When the leaders of these countries comment on each other, that's news. Iran developing nuclear weapons would totally change the dynamic. When the international community attempts to manage this, it's news. In 2009, Iran experienced large scale protests over a disputed election that turned to violence. That's news.
The US is openly hostile to Iran for ending their sponsored dictator, Iran has no desire to expand it's borders, it wants to develop what it has while keeping most of the money for themselves. They want power generators so they don't have to use their natural resources for that same purpose. Iran is a defensive Nation, you don't use nukes as a defensive weapon unless it is a scorched earth policy. So would finding out the minute details of who the protesters were and if they were the same ones doing the damage, or were they 'police' setting the protesters up to look like they are lawless, just like has already happened in Canada so it could certainly happen anywhere.

Libya is in the news when it does stuff that's important news. The Lockerbie bomber getting released was news. Libya giving up its WMD programs was news.
True but how many stories are baseless or repetetive to an almost endless degree. Iran or any nation other than the US and Israel is never a 'daily threat' to anybody so why are there almost daily headlines that promote that picture.

Hardly anything really happens in Bahrain. It's not that important a country. Nor is Yemen, though recently Yemen has been in the news a lot for being a breeding ground for terrorism. Terrorism is news.
Never know which event in which Nation will be the one the straw that broke the camel's back.

Obviously there is bias in the media. Part of that bias is choosing more sensationalist news and news that effects or interests the world or the country the media organization is in. You aren't going to see "BREAKING NEWS: Saudi Arabia is a theocracy." Sometimes you see these in depth reports in news magazines or special weekend editions, but if you want to count how many stories a news organization runs on a specific country or event, obviously the count will be biased towards news events that are changing day to day and therefore require more stories. For two weeks straight the only thing you heard on the news was Egypt. I heard nothing about Uzbekistan. Why do you think that is?
How about the out-right lies that are repeated endlessly even after they have been shown to be lies, deliberate lies. If that is how the public is sold the need for that war/story then perhaps war/story is not even the best solution, let alone the only one.

Because nothing of importance happened there during that time.

The most obvious answer that you all should have immediately given is that the media pays more attention to Iran because more newsworthy things happen in Iran.
It is a PR program meant to scare the general public into believing things that are simply not true. Why believe the media when they have openly admitted they are under no obligation to publish the truth.

Yep, it is so far-out that the Iranian Embassy in Ottawa risked a diplomatic incident in a futile attempt to prevent it being shown.

Which means it is probably dead-on.
No that could mean it is a PR piece, which it is. Have you watched the whole thing? Some of it is less believable that the Iraq WMD bull.

If Martial Law was declared in Canada our troops would act exactly the same way as far as tear gas, I would hope they would wait a few days before live ammo is the rule of the day. Start chanting death threats and the protest would end ahead of schedule I'm quite sure/

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
(1:30 'similar to events in 1979 people again took to the streets .....' end quote) that is the comment I was referencing. These protests have the financial backing via the CIA, the instability tactics are directed by persons who are 'foreigners' or backed by 'foreigners'. They like to hide in the protests and start events that piss the Police off.

Oh please. The people in Iran are just as upset with their government as anyone else. Just because the Iranian government is hostile to the US does not make it a Utopia. Regardless of what you think of the US, the Iranian government is an oppressive government.

The Iranians hated the section of the US that had part in their support for an oppressive dictator.

I must have missed them burning the "Sectional" flags of the US during their demonstrations in the 70's.

I was going by this sort of article and it doesn't point to the mid-80's

Well you were wrong again.

My bad, they have so many deceptions it is hard to keep the names straight,

Well people like you ought to stop imagining them! Just because you think it up doesn't make it real.

Once again, another excuse as to why the Democrats lost a Presidential Election. The US Left and Liberals never admit to losing a Presidential Election. When the Dems lose the White House, rest assured a conspiracy theory will arise on how it was stolen.

Been there done that, we should be on the same page as far as that issue goes. Is the reference ti 1979 also clear (same size and demeanor of the crowd rather than the footage was from back during that very revolution)

Sorry, it was modern footage and that is that. People are upset at the Iranian Regime.

How about keeping me on my toes?

Only the name of the operation was wrong, the 444 days could have been ended under Carter's watch, the delay was theatrics for the home crowd. That part hasn't changed, nor does it change that Bush Sr. was the negotiator in that deal.

The Iranians gave the reason why they withheld the hostages. They hated Carter. He was so weak and that is how the weak get treated. They had humiliated him and wanted to give him one more dose before he left.

Reagan steamrolled Carter in the election and Carter deserved it. Carter was by far the weakest US President in my memory. He groveled then and he grovels to this day. He grovels to the same type people who cost him a second term in the White House. How pathetic.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Why couldn't it be both, the US and Israel pay a lot more time meddling in the internal workings of Iran than they do in other countries or that they would be comfortable if Iran was involved in their Nations using any/all of the same techniques that have already been used inside Iran as promoted by proxies for the US and Israel.
The Media is a tag along for the Gov inside the US, international news might actually be more truthful than some would like it to be. Not meaning Iran, there wasn't any attempt to hide the vid. If the opposition have rallies that have death chants as the theme don't expect them to last very long and the ones who have their names on the permits will be arrested and charged with treason and hanged if found guilty.

The US is openly hostile to Iran for ending their sponsored dictator, Iran has no desire to expand it's borders, it wants to develop what it has while keeping most of the money for themselves. They want power generators so they don't have to use their natural resources for that same purpose. Iran is a defensive Nation, you don't use nukes as a defensive weapon unless it is a scorched earth policy. So would finding out the minute details of who the protesters were and if they were the same ones doing the damage, or were they 'police' setting the protesters up to look like they are lawless, just like has already happened in Canada so it could certainly happen anywhere.

True but how many stories are baseless or repetetive to an almost endless degree. Iran or any nation other than the US and Israel is never a 'daily threat' to anybody so why are there almost daily headlines that promote that picture.

Never know which event in which Nation will be the one the straw that broke the camel's back.

How about the out-right lies that are repeated endlessly even after they have been shown to be lies, deliberate lies. If that is how the public is sold the need for that war/story then perhaps war/story is not even the best solution, let alone the only one.

Because nothing of importance happened there during that time.

It is a PR program meant to scare the general public into believing things that are simply not true. Why believe the media when they have openly admitted they are under no obligation to publish the truth.

No that could mean it is a PR piece, which it is. Have you watched the whole thing? Some of it is less believable that the Iraq WMD bull.

If Martial Law was declared in Canada our troops would act exactly the same way as far as tear gas, I would hope they would wait a few days before live ammo is the rule of the day. Start chanting death threats and the protest would end ahead of schedule I'm quite sure/

The Iranians would like a change in their government, just that they either get throw in jail or shot for saying so. Iran is not a happy place.