Pros and Cons on Splitting up Canada into separate countries

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Pros and Cons on Spli

no1important said:
He is just a canadian hater Ocean, he has never posted anything positive about Canada.

well, he can just pack up and leave.(the country ) but first he might want to change his user name... :wink:

to (and I can contribute a few choice ones here :wink:

IAM.............

Papachongo

Nominee Member
Dec 6, 2005
nootaksas
RE: Pros and Cons on Splitting up Canada into separate count

I was under the impression that anyone can separate from canada anytime they wish. they can simply leave.

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org
Re: RE: Pros and Cons on Splitting up Canada into separate c

Ocean Breeze said:
iamcanadian said:
That is exactly what Canada needs to stop its current run to putrification.

Canada is being "putrified"??? How so?? ( short answer please :wink:

Gangsterism in our streets and gangsterism in our government administration all caused by the same lapses in personal moral and ethical comportment of individuals.

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)
RE: Pros and Cons on Spli

IAC, give it a rest. For some strange reason, you seem to think that "immorality" and "corruption" exist only on large scales and would go away if Canada were to simpy be split into several smaller nations. How you square that with your equally vehement rants about "personal moral and ethical corruption" being rampant throughout society in each individual is beyond me, or are you also suggesting that while Canada is busy splitting into those separate nations it should also empty each of those nations of people (and send them where???) so that in the end you have, in place of a populated Canada, several smaller nations with nobody living in them?

You clearly haven't thought things through enough to even clarify your own ideas in your own mind, and yet you somehow see fit to trouble others with them?

Give it a rest already.

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org

Summer, what you don't understand is that Canada is a totally corrupt country.

Our governments are run by bureaucrats that have life-long public jobs and off-shore accounts that would make Emelda Marcos green with envy.

If they were at least elected and corrupt it would not be so bad because we would have the feeling of being able to do somthing about it every four years, but we can't.

Breaking it up into separate independant states, we may be able to isolate the problems and fix them when they are smaller and more controllable by democratic means.

The USA became independant of the monarchy so its problems are its own fault.

In Canada we only substituted the monarchy for another monarchy which we now call our Civil Servants.

"I have seen servants upon horses, and princes walking as servants upon the earth." - King Solomon

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca

IAC, you make very large claims.

there is a saying about extraordinary claims. can you post some evidence of this widespread corruption in government? if you know people have these large of-shore accounts you must have some specifics such as names and amounts?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Re: Pros and Cons on Splitting up Canada into separate count

Our governments are run by bureaucrats that have life-long public jobs and off-shore accounts that would make Emelda Marcos green with envy.

I know several civil servants personally and I have only one thing to say to this statement...it's ill-informed crap. Nothing more, nothing less.

Most civil servants in managerial positions make less than their peers in private industry with similar responsibilities. They also get fewer perks and are under closer scrutiny.

Either post some documented proof, IAC, or quit libelling a group of people you know nothing about.

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org

I doubt anyone here knows more about them and these things than me.

I find that people like yourself who are overly sensitive over this topic are as familiar with what I am talking about and react like you because you know I speak the truth, but are too afraid to talk about it and instead speak against me to help cover it up.

Our politicians from Chretien, Martin, McGuinty, Eves, and all the rest from recent memory are all scared shitless of our non-elected bureaucrats for life.

This is the one problem behind every problem in Canada from the Gun registry, to Adscam, the Computer leasing, the Waterloo scam, Walkerton Scam, Muskoka Scams, Niagara Scam, Halton Scam, etc. etc. etc... which are always too numerous to list or even remember them all in one sitting place and these problems always boils down to senior bureaucrats with absolute power in life long inherited jobs, and our policians without any power taking turns playing puppets for the wages and prestige they arrange and manage for them.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

Umm, America has its scandals too genius. Does that mean you want America to break up to, as well as Europe with its many 'cultures'. If you don't and you only want Canada to break up because it has the same problems as Europe and America, then you are a *****! :D

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I find that people like yourself who are overly sensitive over this topic are as familiar with what I am talking about and react like you because you know I speak the truth, but are too afraid to talk about it and instead speak against me to help cover it up.

Now you are accusing me of something personally. You'd better be able to back that up with fact.

You have yet to supply a single fact or anything to indicate that you have any special information. You have libelled a good many people with your spurious and ill-informed accusations.

Either provide evidence or STFU.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca

yes, i too would like some numbers, some facts.

all this "walkerton scandal...". IIRC Walkerton was a result of the government cutting funding TO the programs which resulted in understaffing, etc.

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005

Piece of free advice for you, IAC:

You keep claiming to have "special" information.... "insider information" as it were... well, let's see it. So far all we've gotten from you is your unfounded opinion and no backing evidence. It's time to offer more than just your opinion.... let's see you put your money where your mouth is.

Or to use the vernacular: put up or shut up.

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org

The specific information I have is not something that is going to serve any purpose posted here. But I will provide specific examples and explanations on the types of things that go on everyday and everywhere in government spending and procurement in several areas I am very familiar with.

I will do this in a separate thread rather than clutter up this one with it.

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Re: RE: Pros and Cons on Splitting up Canada into separate c

iamcanadian said:
The specific information I have is not something that is going to serve any purpose posted here. But I will provide specific examples and explanations on the types of things that go on everyday and everywhere in government spending and procurement in several areas I am very familiar with.

I will do this in a separate thread rather than clutter up this one with it.

[moderator mode]

The specific information you have is precisely what is needed in this thread. And don't go starting another thread; post that information here. Any additional thread you start on this same subject will be deleted as superfluous.
[/moderator mode]

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org

This thread is about the pros and cons of splitting up Canada into independant states.

An expose on government corruption in Canada deserves its own independant thread since we are going off on a tangent otherwise. IMHO.

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005

IAC,

You've predicated splitting Canada up in part UPON your allegations of government corruption. Therefore, the details you have belong IN this thread.

By the way, you're arguing a moderator's decision with her in public again. You've already been told once that this is a bad idea. Do we need to go for twice?

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org

I simply made a suggestion. I don't believe I was arguing. I actually started this thread to see the kind of views people had on this subject and it has been going everywhere but on topic.

I don't believe an expose on government corruption in Canada will add to this thread. So I will wait for some appropriate thread to post what more I have to say on the subject when it fits on a topic of discussion.

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005

IAC, you have been asked to provide evidence to back up your assertions. Now it appears you are seeking a way to avoid having to do so. I am going to lock this thread if you continue to make accusations and assertions that you are unwilling and/or unable to back.

Edit:
In fact, if you continue to argue my decisions regarding this thread, or any other, you will be banned from the board for 24 hours. Consider yourself warned.