PROOF TheRebel.media was right: Liberals lied about fake "Syrian refugees"

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Re: PROOF TheRebel.media was right: Liberals lied about fake "Syrian refugees"

Nope, and neither did JT. If Harper had won, those same refugees would have come over and placed in the same place. Wouldn't have mattered who was in power.

Really? A downtown hotel was Harper's rushed plan? The idiotic 25,000 by Dec 31 was Harper's idea? Ever think that stupidity is why? Probably not huh?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

These refugees had been vetted and approved while Harpers Conservative government was in power.

Perhaps. But Harper didn't have the rush timeline to make it by 12/31. A lot of the issues seem to be the logistics due to the rush.

The second $25K coming this year will be all Trudeau's though. Not to say Harper wouldn't have taken them but that commitment came after the election.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Really? A downtown hotel was Harper's rushed plan? The idiotic 25,000 by Dec 31 was Harper's idea? Ever think that stupidity is why? Probably not huh?

Did we get 25,000 by the end of January? Have we gotten any where near the 25,000 even at this point? The answer is no, stupid. For once, why don't you surprise all of us and put your tiny little pea brain in gear before typing and stop trying to emulate waldo.

Perhaps. But Harper didn't have the rush timeline to make it by 12/31. A lot of the issues seem to be the logistics due to the rush.

The second $25K coming this year will be all Trudeau's though. Not to say Harper wouldn't have taken them but that commitment came after the election.

Agreed, that is IF those numbers even materialize.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Did we get 25,000 by the end of January? Have we gotten any where near the 25,000 even at this point?
Of course not, and that is a full month after Dec 31 which makes it worse.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Did we get 25,000 by the end of January? Have we gotten any where near the 25,000 even at this point? The answer is no, stupid. For once, why don't you surprise all of us and put your tiny little pea brain in gear before typing and stop trying to emulate waldo.

Agreed, that is IF those numbers even materialize.
Did the liberals not campaign on bringing 50,000 refugees by Dec. 31 ?
Did reality set in ?
Did the liberals not lie to the Canadian people during the election on this issue ?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Of course not, and that is a full month after Dec 31 which makes it worse.

Worse? Why? Did you want to see the numbers brought over here that he said he would do?

Did the liberals not campaign on bringing 50,000 refugees by Dec. 31 ?
Did reality set in ?
Did the liberals not lie to the Canadian people during the election on this issue ?

Who the fu ck cares why they didn't do it. The main thing is, thank God, they didn't do it.

It just blows me away how many "right wingers" are complaining about the fact that the Libs didn't bring in 50,000 refugees immediately. It's like, WTF, are ya's brain dead? Or is it a matter of ya's just aren't happy unless ya's are whining about something.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Worse? Why? Did you want to see the numbers brought over here that he said he would do?

Numbers don't bother me one bit, lack of vetting and not having the structure in place to supply the services needed to properly integrate them into Canadian society does.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Canadian , what does it mean? Well my region ha s a Navy, we will starve you stupid inlanders

no coconut oil for you, no vitamine D your tired

In the east we get the full Sun the rest of you get enough, it's not that you aren't nice it's just that your'ere so stupid

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Nope, and neither did JT. If Harper had won, those same refugees would have come over and placed in the same place. Wouldn't have mattered who was in power.
Harper's immigration plan followed an appropriate timeline. His govt didn't advertise them as anything other than refugees. His govt didn't break out govt aircraft to bring them here in a mad rush that even aid agencies across the country baulked at.

Again, only the Liberals did all that.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

I don't believe that's true at all. In fact, the Libs and the NDPers were complaining because Harper was being a big meanie because he actually wanted to vet those who came over and they complained that he wasn't bringing them over fast enough. Huh, who knew that someone who basically wanted to make sure the immigrants who came over here and actually wanted to be here, would be demonized because of it.

You see, they kept saying the Conservatives under Harper weren't allowing people to immigrate here but that's not true. Immigration didn't decrease under the Conservatives and actually, if I'm not mistaken, increased under the Conservatives but apparently not fast enough to suit the opposition at the time.

I would rather be safe than sorry and I would also want to be sure that those who came here would, at the very least, appreciate what we're doing for them. The ones complaining should be immediately sent back!

And, the private sponsors are doing a hell of a lot better than the government when it comes to handling the refugees so the government should probably stay out of the business altogether!

JMHO

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

I don't disagree that they are in fact refugees from Syria. My issue is with how they were billed and how they were being presented to Canadians, to further justify extreme measures to get them here.

It's no different than the previous govts use of terrorism to push through draconian legislation eroding our civil liberties. Just a different agenda.

But it's a feel good fluffier side so it's ok. It feels good for our ego. Look at how good we pretend to be.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

In a nut shell, that's about it.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012

Clearly, the refugees in the camps were not benefactors of all the haste, short circuited processes, and Liberal spending.

If the Liberals were not deceitful, then it is reasonable to say that they botched the job that they set out to do.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

Clearly, the refugees in the camps were not benefactors of all the haste, short circuited processes, and Liberal spending.

If the Liberals were not deceitful, then it is reasonable to say that they botched the job that they set out to do.

It's not like our poor Canadian standards of living are much better then 3rd world standards at this point.

Ya, we arnt doing that great over here people.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012

I am 1 conservative that has previously stated that I support the resettling of Syrian refugees.

I have also stated that this is the sort of leadership from JT that will earn him my vote in the next election.

It never occurred to me that the government would pass over the refugees in the camps.

Spending 2 billion dollars should have had a greater affect on the camps. I am pissed.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

I am 1 conservative that has previously stated that I support the resettling of Syrian refugees.

I have also stated that this is the sort of leadership from JT that will earn him my vote in the next election.

It never occurred to me that the government would pass over the refugees in the camps.

Spending 2 billion dollars should have had a greater affect on the camps. I am pissed.

Roy Green has interviewed a former Consular Official (I forget what his name was) who was in the Middle East and he said that under the Conservatives we were very active in the refugee camps, not only bringing food and clothing etc., but determining (i.e. vetting) people who would likely do well in Canada. Guess that went out the door!!

He said that all Trudeau had to do was go into the camps and start bringing the people already vetted but because it was under the Conservatives, apparently that wasn't good enough. I am so disgusted with this PM I can't even watch him on TV - I immediately change the channel everytime he comes on because he is SO full of himself it makes me want to throw up!

JMHO

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

I am so disgusted with this PM I can't even watch him on TV - I immediately change the channel everytime he comes on because he is SO full of himself it makes me want to throw up!

JMHO

I'm glad to hear I'm not he only one who can't stand the sight of him! I LOATHE him, his mannerisms, his inability to put 3 sentences together without interjecting a couple of 'ahs', his vacant stare, his condescending smirk and everything he stands for.
Whenever he appears on tv the channel changes.