Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
What old ways?

There is no evidence for this claim.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Omar Ahmed Khadr (born September 19, 1986) is a controversial Canadian convict and ex-Guantanamo captive whose mother and father were Palestinian and Egyptian immigrants, respectively. He was one of the youngest captives and the last Western citizen to be held by the United States at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. During a firefight on July 27, 2002 in the village of Ayub Kheyl, Afghanistan,[1] in which several other suspected terrorists were killed by for the most part American forces, Khadr, at the age of 15 years and 10 months, was severely wounded after being shot in the back twice by an undisclosed high-ranking US official. OC-1, pseudonym of the shooter, claimed he shot the already badly wounded Khadr because he was the only person left in the camp who could have thrown the grenade that killed a U.S. Army combat medic, a claim that would play a central role in the prosecution of Khadr. It was later revealed in a document accidentally leaked by Guantanamo officials that there was another man who was present at the time of the grenade throw, but who had instantly been killed by OC-1 via a headshot before this official had shot Khadr.[2] After seeing the severely wounded 15-year old asking his adversaries to kill him, one official was about to do so before Delta Squad ordered Khadr to be detained instead. After being detained he was tortured for information about Al Qaeda and subsequently sent to Guantanamo Bay detention camps, in Cuba. He was convicted of killing a U.S. medic by throwing a hand grenade and planting mines to target U.S. convoys.[3] In October 2010, after eight years of enhanced interrogation, he pleaded guilty in a plea agreement to the charges of war crimes, including murder in violation of the law of war and providing material support for terrorism.[4] Khadr was to be tried by a Guantanamo military commission tribunal, a venue reserved for non-American enemy combatants,[5][6][7] but this was averted by the plea agreement signed by Khadr after 10 years detention without charge.[8][9][not in citation given][10] He accepted an eight-year sentence, not including time served, with the possibility of a transfer to Canada after at least one year to serve the remainder of the sentence there, based on a diplomatic (United States/Canada) agreement.[11]

mad-bolding. sad.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I bet Flossy wants to give Omar a big hug just like Ocean Breezy wanted to. She thought the Taliban were so cute.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Do you guys not know how to research this **** yourselves?

After seeing the severely wounded 15-year old asking his adversaries to kill him, one official was about to do so before Delta Squad ordered Khadr to be detained instead.

Things would have been so much simpler if they had just done that.

WTF was this a-s-s-wipe doing over there in the first place? Planting flowers?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Professors and Doctors and Generals... OH MY!

Professors and Doctors and Generals... OH MY!

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Khadr should never have been imprisoned. Summary execution should have been his fate.

I think that was the plan. He looked pretty phucked up after the firefight.

He threw a grenade at some soldiers apparently. I got some sympathy. I'd throw a grenade at someone that fragged my old man, and I wouldn't give a **** where they were from. Family first.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Do you guys not know how to research this **** yourselves?

Omar Ahmed Khadr (born September 19, 1986) is a controversial Canadian convict and ex-Guantanamo captive whose mother and father were Palestinian and Egyptian immigrants, respectively. He was one of the youngest captives and the last Western citizen to be held by the United States at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. During a firefight on July 27, 2002 in the village of Ayub Kheyl, Afghanistan,[1] in which several other suspected terrorists were killed by for the most part American forces, Khadr, at the age of 15 years and 10 months, was severely wounded after being shot in the back twice by an undisclosed high-ranking US official. OC-1, pseudonym of the shooter, claimed he shot the already badly wounded Khadr because he was the only person left in the camp who could have thrown the grenade that killed a U.S. Army combat medic, a claim that would play a central role in the prosecution of Khadr. It was later revealed in a document accidentally leaked by Guantanamo officials that there was another man who was present at the time of the grenade throw, but who had instantly been killed by OC-1 via a headshot before this official had shot Khadr.[2] After seeing the severely wounded 15-year old asking his adversaries to kill him, one official was about to do so before Delta Squad ordered Khadr to be detained instead. After being detained he was tortured for information about Al Qaeda and subsequently sent to Guantanamo Bay detention camps, in Cuba. He was convicted of killing a U.S. medic by throwing a hand grenade and planting mines to target U.S. convoys.[3] In October 2010, after eight years of enhanced interrogation, he pleaded guilty in a plea agreement to the charges of war crimes, including murder in violation of the law of war and providing material support for terrorism.[4] Khadr was to be tried by a Guantanamo military commission tribunal, a venue reserved for non-American enemy combatants,[5][6][7] but this was averted by the plea agreement signed by Khadr after 10 years detention without charge.[8][9][not in citation given][10] He accepted an eight-year sentence, not including time served, with the possibility of a transfer to Canada after at least one year to serve the remainder of the sentence there, based on a diplomatic (United States/Canada) agreement.[11]

Omar Khadr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All written and carefully made non judgemental by progressives. Now we are positive about what you are flossie.