Presidential debate

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not much wrong with George unless it was that he got too used to running a ranch and didn't take sh*t from anybody! Probably not the most diplomatic person in the world!

And drove the economy off a cliff, bungled the war on terror and the war in Iraq, but no one cares about that. People vote on charisma and he ****ed the country over with an endearing smirk.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I like this...:smile:...Obama doesn't do well in the debate (understatement)......and now the defenders pull a deflection to Bush....:lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
And drove the economy off a cliff, bungled the war on terror and the war in Iraq, but no one cares about that. People vote on charisma and he ****ed the country over with an endearing smirk.

Hindsight is 20/20 Corduroy, I vividly remember 9/11 when George was about the most popular guy on earth and I can visualize when he went after Saddam, everyone was cheering him and about 3 weeks into that war they tipped over Saddam's statue and everyone was ecstatic. It was only after the insurgents started killing Shiites and Sunnis that the dew was off the rose. How soon everyone forgets!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I like this...:smile:...Obama doesn't do well in the debate (understatement)......and now the defenders pull a deflection to Bush....:lol:

Can't blame them, if you want to "kick the sh*t" out of Bush, about 90% will agree with you.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hindsight is 20/20 Corduroy, I vividly remember 9/11 when George was about the most popular guy on earth and I can visualize when he went after Saddam, everyone was cheering him and about 3 weeks into that war they tipped over Saddam's statue and everyone was ecstatic. It was only after the insurgents started killing Shiites and Sunnis that the dew was off the rose. How soon everyone forgets!

And if you go back further all the Democrats could do was criticize Bush Sr. for not finishing the job during Desert Storm. When Bush Jr. did finish the job they were all up in arms.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

If you thinking I'm defending Obama and deflecting to Bush then you aren't reading. I didn't bring up Bush and I defended his debating skills and his charisma. I called Barack Obama's performance that of a half-asleep rambling policy wonk. There are two discussions going on here. The real one and the fantasy one in your head.

You said his only problem was spending too much time on the ranch. I pointed out how he had a hell of a lot more problems. I'm not sure what your "hindsight is 20/20" comment is about. It looks like you were just using a throw away line to look like a counterpoint when you in fact just said absolutely nothing of relevance.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Ron Paul....Bring it on!!!!

[youtube]D0OTZkcpOzc[/youtube]

I definitely would have watched the debate had Ron Paul been part of it. As it was, I decided to watch a rewind of the 2005 World Jr Hockey Gold Medal game and had way more fun. :lol:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
So where does Mitt stand on Jesus coming to the America's or is it okay for every President to have some wacky believe system. By the way I agree, Obama got his ass handed to him. Left wing pundits are actually trimto blame this on NPR's Jim Leher. Bunch of Panty waists.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
So where does Mitt stand on Jesus coming to the America's or is it okay for every President to have some wacky believe system. By the way I agree, Obama got his ass handed to him. Left wing pundits are actually trimto blame this on NPR's Jim Leher. Bunch of Panty waists.

Pretty hard to tell them to STFU and get with the Program- Got that guys- That would work wonders for every debate for the next 30 years though.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Earlier this year I would've called it a close race, but it looks like Obama is gonna run away with this. At face value the general impression is that any Republican reminds people of Bush and that works in Obamer's favour.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Earlier this year I would've called it a close race, but it looks like Obama is gonna run away with this. At face value the general impression is that any Republican reminds people of Bush and that works in Obamer's favour.

Old Yogi may beg to differ! :lol: