Preemptive War Criminals

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
Shmad said:
Just a question here, since Bush is making himself a war criminal, if he was visiting a country that had signed onto the international court (headed by a Canadian might I add), would it not be possible to arrest him at that point and make him stand trial for his pre-meditated mass murderings? czardogs, shed any light on this?

I'm not sure if a Canadian would have the guts to do this?

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Cyberm4n said:
Shmad said:
Just a question here, since Bush is making himself a war criminal, if he was visiting a country that had signed onto the international court (headed by a Canadian might I add), would it not be possible to arrest him at that point and make him stand trial for his pre-meditated mass murderings? czardogs, shed any light on this?

I'm not sure if a Canadian would have the guts to do this?

There are plenty of Canadians who would have the guts to do this, I do, and I would given the chance, and Im sure many people share the same sentiments as I. Bush deserves to face charges for his criminal intentions and acts. I doubt there would be much outcry from the rest of the world either if this ever did take place either!

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Well... I wouldn't go so far as to say that Bush is a war criminal... I generally think that he has the well being of the planet in mind, or at least i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt... I just don't agree with his ideas. But saying that he's a war criminal would be like saying that those that ally with him are criminals as well, and I certainly don't think that's true. According to the United States constitution, America can wage war for thirty days without the approval of congress as well.

I don't think Bush is a bad guy... yet. Once he wins the war, which he most certainly will since he's so hell bent on Saddam being Satan's love child, if he touches Iraqi oil from the country, having had the audacity to tell the Iraqi people in his speech last night "not to burn the oil", then I will officially label him a fucktard and move to Japan earlier than I anticipated. A crusade to stop a mad man is one thing; using said mad man to take advantage of a country's natural resource is evil.

Cyric

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
me too mate, I'm an Aussie visiting here and would jump at the chance to make a citizens arrest of the effing so so.

here bushy bushy bushy...........

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Stretch said:
me too mate, I'm an Aussie visiting here and would jump at the chance to make a citizens arrest of the effing so so.

You realize these "children" are are bombing hate all of us due to our success and if they even saw an american he we be drug out on the streets and flogged? I bet they would do the same to a Canadian since we aren't very different looking. The fact is, these people live their lives killing eachother. Their whole life has been suffering. If theres a little bombing here or there i'm sure they wouldn't do much more than say Fuck America even more.

For you little pussies to cry about the children... oh the children oh no oh no.... realize 50% of them die anyway due to hunger etc. Realize you cannot have a good life without some suffering. When this ends, iraq will have a new government, a new leader. Their money will not be spend to build a new palace ever year but for health care, education, etc. Just, we will be buying all their oil at super low prices, or even for nothing.

Saddam is both an intelligent person and an evil one. He's extremely selfish. If he stays in power he could strike. The problem is none of you other countries are aggressors. Look at France, they stood there as Hitler seized everything. Look at what Hitler did? You think our countries didn't kill millions of German children to subdue that asshole? Look at the country now? Look what they own...

We (America) set up Volkswagen for them. Volkswagen now owns Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, etc....

Look at all the German auto companies. Volkswagen basically turned them into a kingpin in the automotive sector of the world.

This will most likely be done in iraq as well but oil related.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Anonymous said:
Stretch said:

You realize these "children" are are bombing hate all of us due to our success and if they even saw an american he we be drug out on the streets and flogged? I bet they would do the same to a Canadian since we aren't very different looking. The fact is, these people live their lives killing eachother. Their whole life has been suffering. If theres a little bombing here or there i'm sure they wouldn't do much more than say Fuck America even more.

For you little pussies to cry about the children... oh the children oh no oh no.... realize 50% of them die anyway due to hunger etc. Realize you cannot have a good life without some suffering. When this ends, iraq will have a new government, a new leader. Their money will not be spend to build a new palace ever year but for health care, education, etc. Just, we will be buying all their oil at super low prices, or even for nothing.

Saddam is both an intelligent person and an evil one. He's extremely selfish. If he stays in power he could strike. The problem is none of you other countries are aggressors. Look at France, they stood there as Hitler seized everything. Look at what Hitler did? You think our countries didn't kill millions of German children to subdue that asshole? Look at the country now? Look what they own...

We (America) set up Volkswagen for them. Volkswagen now owns Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, etc....

Look at all the German auto companies. Volkswagen basically turned them into a kingpin in the automotive sector of the world.

That's a tad arrogant eh?

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Anonymous said:
Stretch said:

Ok guest...I agree there are always children dying all over the world from hunger and disease. But these children that will die in a matter of hours will be from a power hungry man who chooses to bomb there country. Not one person has the right to play god like him.

He is a terroist...as well as saddam and Osama. All should be stopped. But at least TRY to avoid innocent lives that could possibly be saved!!!

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
LuShes said:
Anonymous said:
Stretch said:

Ok guest...I agree there are always children dying all over the world from hunger and disease. But these children that will die in a matter of hours will be from a power hungry man who chooses to bomb there country. Not one person has the right to play god like him.

He is a terroist...as well as saddam and Osama. All should be stopped. But at least TRY to avoid innocent lives that could possibly be saved!!!

Hey.... terrorists do not give warnings. Bush is a fucking badass. He gives them 48 hours to get out of the country or else. He isn't starting a war, he told them to leave or they will start one.

It's in Saddam's hands.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Newsflash! The United States doesn't have the right to tell a country's president he's to leave his own country. Unlike some people, Saddam isn't a coward, and he will fight for his country.

Don't make assumptions about who has the right to rule this earth, because no one does. He is starting a war, and to assume otherwise is foolish.

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Most countries in this world have weapons of mass destruction. Hell who knows what the states has hiding under there belt.

There are more logical ways of dealing with war then bombing each others country. Its all the politicans fault. Seeing the citizens as there little pawns in the game of life they play.
they have no right! War is not the answer to anything. Bush is such a freaken stuffed up pig headed so and so who deserves a bomb in his own back yard so he can watch his own friends and family die so he can see what what those poor people experience over seas!

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
www.canadiandemocraticmovement.ca
Cyric said:
I'm probably one of the few Americans that can honestly say that I hate this country. I have no patriotic pride, nor have I ever. I care about every country as a whole and the people within it. Americans, Canadians, Iraqis, it doesn't matter to me where you reside, we're all one and the same.

Having said that, I don't know what to think about the war. The above article, though I didn't fully read it since i'm at work, sounds a bit harsh, but the fucking morons that respond without any bit of apathy whatsoever make it sound all the more truthful. I think Saddam needs to go, but fuck this country even more than it already is if they slaughter innocent Iraqi citizens and feel justified for doing so.

At the same time, reguardless of articles that further demean the United States, Saddam does need to go. I think he does have weapons of mass destruction, and i'd hate to see any of those go off on American, Canadian, hell, anyone's soil. I guess we'll see what happens.

Cyric

Cyric be proud of how you feel. It takes real balls to say what you said inside america right now. Patriotic fever is hard to overcome without being sidelined and be-littled by your own population. Stay the course and stay strong.

The whole world can agree that Saddam needs to go but that s not the arguement, its how its being done. He was being disarmed by the inspections and was fully complying. The worlds nations could see that and thats why we are where we are.

The first Gulf War daddy Bush did a great job at molding and international coalition to get him out of Kuwait. Even Arab nations understood that the rule of law must be maintained and the security council had spoken clearly. There was no clarity this time, and the Bush Jr cabal was being caught in far too many lies and half-truths. Bush Sr weathered the incubator baby lie the first time around but this time, there were one too many lies.

About the WMD I trust american Scott Ritter the former chief weapons inspector until 1998. I spoke with him when he came through my city on a speaking tour. He made it very clear that Saddam had very little left in the way of wmd and even less avenues to deliver them. There is no way that Saddam can hit america with any weapons. He is also NOT connected to Osama. I read a poll done yesterday in america and still 75% of those polled thought Iraq was responsible for 9/11. The Iraqi government is not involved with Islamic terrorists. It was americas ally Saudi Arabia that supplied 90% of the suicide bombers of 9/11. Yet america still keeps them as an ally and goes after the guy that did nothing.

Beyond that, Saddam has had his weapons for two decades now. Not once has he targeted americans. He has had ample opportunity to do it. Even right this minute he could, but he wont.

The real patriots in america are the ones that still speak their beliefs.

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
Shmad said:

Ouch, tough one.

The International Criminal Court is just now seeing the swearing in of its judges, yes including a Canadian at the head.

Straight by the rule of international law, yes a country could grab him and hold him. Could being the word. Personally I think we will have to wait until he loses the next election before he will be up for grabs.

There are many outstanding criminals with pending or possible charges. Notables like Kissinger and Sharon come to the top of my head but we can see they are still out there doing what they do. Times are changing though and if this wave of bravado for a lack of a better word continues men like these just may see their day in court. After all Milosovic once stated he would never see the inside of cell.

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
Anonymous said:
Stretch said:

This post is full of half truths I must set it straight.

America DID NOT set up volkswagen even though Diamler owns it now. Hitler made use of volkswagen during the war, america had nothing to do with it. Volkswagen is german for the "peoples car".

France DID NOT stand there and let Hitler take the country, over 100,000 frenchmen died to protect their country in WW2. The resistance fought from then one with thousands more deaths.

That 50% of the children thing is also very wrong. Iraq sees high infant mortality as a direct result of the UN sanctions as urged by the US and Britain. Not to hurt Saddam because they most certainly did NOT, it was to destabalize and weaken the IRaqi peoples will to resist. Banning incubators and blood plasma from ANY country will result in premature death.

This promise to rebuild Iraq is a lie. The same thing was promised to Afghanistan and the only building going on is military bases and an OIL LINE!

As for this racist diatrabe:
This is an american speaking from the propoganda and brain washing they have been fed for so long. The Muslim faith decrys killing for any reason OTHER then self defence. The above is a campaign by the neo-conservative hawks in Washington to manufacture hate and mistrust of the arab people. The Arab culture was in place THOUSANDS of years before Columbus was even born.
Propoganda and lies have been a staple of warfare since roman times my fellow Canadians. Wade through the BS. In WW1 we where told the German soldiers were bayonetting Belgian children and eating their hearts! After WW2 the american public was told that communism was going to take over the world and they need to defeat it. There is a communist under every bed etc etc. What happened? Communism did not take over the world and our beds are commie free.

Finally that little bit about needing suffering to get ahead, what trash. What century are YOU living in? The rest of us are in the 21st, you?

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
What a load of *BS*

"We did this" "We did that" "We're doing this" etc. Americans have never done anything to help anybody. Throughout history, any support they've offered to other countries has had a very large price tag. England in WWII is just a great example.

By the way, a lot has happened here since last time I was online.

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
Vincent_2002 said:
What a load of *BS*

"We did this" "We did that" "We're doing this" etc. Americans have never done anything to help anybody. Throughout history, any support they've offered to other countries has had a very large price tag. England in WWII is just a great example.

By the way, a lot has happened here since last time I was online.

Vincent, be careful. If Americans find out that they have french speaking people of French origin living NEXT DOOR they might attack us. They would name it Campaign Freedom Smash. It would be Campaign French Smash but you know how pissed they are at anything french!?

Damn democracies and democratic processes keep getting in the way...

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"
George W. Bush

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Bush has demanded that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and his sons Uday and Qusay give up power and go into exile by 8 p.m. ET Wednesday -- 4 a.m. Thursday in Baghdad.

But two senior officials noted that in Bush's televised ultimatum, he said the United States would attack "at a time of its choosing."

And they took pains to draw attention to the fact that the United States did not launch attacks in Afghanistan until more than two weeks after Bush used those same words in the ultimatum he gave to the Taliban.

"There is no magic to tomorrow night in terms of military action," one of the senior officials told CNN. The other said, "The president will make the military decision based on what the military thinks is best. The deadline is a political deadline for Saddam Hussein."

At the United Nations on Tuesday, Iraq's U.N. ambassador denounced Bush's ultimatum as "illegal, immoral and unjustifiable."

"This is the first time in the history the president of a state ordered the president of another state to leave his own country. It is a mess," Ambassador Mohammed Aldouri said. "We reject totally this madness."

From Baghdad, Iraqi Foreign Minister Naji Sabri called Bush an "idiot" and said his ultimatum was an "expression of frustration and isolation."

"His speech is another indication of frustration and big failure, of disappointment and desperation, and by that he is pushing himself to the, over the cliff -- just like Blair is being pushed down from over a cliff," Sabri said, referring to British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Bush's staunchest ally.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
This is nonsense, anyone can research something until they've received their own desired outcome. What makes this person an expert? The fact that they've read up on something? The fact that it's easy to criticize something they're not involved in??

All this bleeding heart, whoa is me, I'm a victim, cry-babying is getting old. Have any of you lived with the Kurdish people? Maybe you should head over there and ask some of them what part they played in this, "rapidly developing country". Oh wait, that might be dangerous, I could get hurt. You know why? Because Saddam made it that way. If a single one of you had enough courage to do such a thing the Kurds would tell you their roll was to be moving targets, plain and simple.

The United States didn't ruin that country, Saddam Hussien did. Nobody put a gun to his head and said invade Kuwait, (although he most likely had someone do that to countless officers in his military) he did that of his own accord. Nobody tolf him to develope and test the type of weapons he still has in his posession. Other democratic countries would have never allowed any of his actions to come to pass. This is why not only his regime, but all dictatorships are dangerous and should be dealt with in the same manner if they pose a threat.

As for the, "poor, terrified, children"; Have you ever had a 9 year old Panamanian point an assault rifle at you? I have. I do feel bad for the truly innocent in any conflict, but this is a dangerous world and bad things happen in it. It's not my fault nor is it yours that these children might get hurt. You know whos fault it is? It's those children's parents fault. They could've overthrown him, but they sat idly by and let this happen, just another form if dangerous "non-action". Also, keep in mind that just because Canadians have lived under the United State's umbrella of security doesn't mean bad things don't. It only means you're not seeing them because you're not involved in, well, anything. You people are way too busy criticizing others, evaluating your own existance, and not being even trying to evoke positive change in the world. You'd rather discuss things in a trivial manner.

I served in the United States Army, I'm proud of everything I did while I was enlisted there. Something funny happens to a person when in the military. Things like honor, respect, dedication and responsibility become priorities. Your friends become family and your allies become friends. Clearly none of you have any experience with this type of life. I'm embarrased to think that people we consider allies and friendly neighbors have the audacity to sit in here on their high horses and question something they'd never be capable of understanding much less doing. Shame on anyone here that's decided to question the United State's intentions, you have no right and no leg to stand on. You're not even involved, you didn't have enough courage to do what's right.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Hannibal said:
This is nonsense, anyone can research something until they've received their own desired outcome. What makes this person an expert? The fact that they've read up on something? The fact that it's easy to criticize something they're not involved in??

<bs cut out>

I served in the United States Army, I'm proud of everything I did while I was enlisted there. Something funny happens to a person when in the military. Things like honor, respect, dedication and responsibility become priorities. Your friends become family and your allies become friends. Clearly none of you have any experience with this type of life. I'm embarrased to think that people we consider allies and friendly neighbors have the audacity to sit in here on their high horses and question something they'd never be capable of understanding much less doing. Shame on anyone here that's decided to question the United State's intentions, you have no right and no leg to stand on. You're not even involved, you didn't have enough courage to do what's right.

So based on your "knowledge" as a brainwashed ex-marine, you are saying that its perfectly fine to ILLEGALLY invade a country (without UN approval) and to kill hundreds of thousands of young children.. wow thats some pretty sweet brainwashing that has been done on you my man, its sad when you can look at it that way, but then again, your job is just to kill, not to think.. just follow your orders.. Ever wondered what it would have been like if you were born with somewhat of a brain?

Your embarassed that Canada and Canadians have the guts to stand up and say something about this purely illegal and ethically wrong invasion and murdering of women and children? Brainwashed Americans, and those who are just too un-intelligable to see the real reason behind the attacks on Iraq need to stop and think. You REALLY think that anything will come of this? Well sure, something will, you will be willingly participating in the biggest mass murder in history. Wow thats something to be proud of!